New map of haplogroup J2 (Y-DNA)

Not disagreeing with you on the merits of Maciamo at all, but we aren't really his home guests as much as his "clients" or the drive to keep this forum alive. And there's usually 10-20 people doing most of the work around here anyway, so he and you as a moderator should be interested to treat people with respect as being banned from a forum is not a big deal on anyone's life.
And why are you always using Italian to throw threats around with the misspelled "capisce", or "chiaro", etc.?
Isn't it against this forums rules to use other languages? Do you even speak Italian by the way? I'd suppose you'd write "capisci", or you're referring to the Americanized version pronounced like in Sicilian?
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/capisce
She spelled it right

Not disagreeing with you on the merits of Maciamo at all, but we aren't really his home guests as much as his "clients" or the drive to keep this forum alive. And there's usually 10-20 people doing most of the work around here anyway, so he and you as a moderator should be interested to treat people with respect as being banned from a forum is not a big deal on anyone's life.

And why are you always using Italian to throw threats around with the misspelled "capisce", or "chiaro", etc.?

Isn't it against this forums rules to use other languages? Do you even speak Italian by the way? I'd suppose you'd write "capisci", or you're referring to the Americanized version pronounced like in Sicilian?

Are you paying for the privilege of posting here?

As for the Italian, occasionally a word slips out. You're lucky I'm a lady, or a lot of other words would be slipping out right now. Also, before you comment on Italian, learn it. Or are you one of those people whose knowledge of Italian is the bastardized dialect phrases they heard from their great-grandparents, or who learns and goes around speaking some type of "pidgin" Italian, like a lot of immigrants to Italy, thinking you sound just fine? Just out of curiosity, how do you think I understood Blevins' whole Italian video in the future of Europe thread? Magic?

Why do I even bother having discussions with people like you? If it weren't for posters like you who ruin thread after thread after thread, more and better posters would stay.

Last edited:
What is the nomenclature for those who are just J2 without the specializations of J2a or J2b? Are there any of these people still surviving?

Thanks for the compliments mate :)
I also find your posts very informative and honest.

Although, I have to say that Fustan has a good point. Maciamo has had a history of suggesting that all "J2b" in the Balkans is as a result of the same Bronze Age I-E migration, as can be seen in this thread: https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...-lineages-of-the-ancient-Illyrians-Mycenaeans when in fact only J2b2a-L283 was found in Bronze Age Croatia.

As I pointed out on a different forum and here, IMHO it would be illogical to assume all "J2b" lineages co-migrated since their split at ca. 15,900 ybp to the Western Balkans during the Bronze Age, especially when there is no phylogenetic or ancient DNA evidence, except for J2b2a-L283. However, after I posted this, I am glad that Maciamo has recently opened a dedicated section for J2b1-M205 on his J2 page and pointed out where it's been found in ancient DNA.

EDIT: This is nothing personal against Maciamo or his site. Simply suggestions, to reflect the latest research. I actually applaud his intitiative and efforts to keep everything as much up to date as possible, considering how fast this field is advancing.

My pleasure and thanks brother :)

I love this site. And I love this forum.
It's just fantastic and teaches us so much about ourselves, however uncertain and "provisional" the info can remain until more discoveries confirm them.
But I think reading the threads would be much more pleasant if everyone simply made an effort to remain POLITE. I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with those recurrent fiery, incensed posts. People who disagree should mind at least the wording of their remarks. And it is also disturbing that whoever misbehaves should instantly get threatened with expulsion. A moderator, from my point of view, should, just like a teacher, look at things from above, retain some critical distance and self-control. Of course, over time, the reiteration of absurd views and rude sentences can get the better of you. But calls to reason may be stated tactfully first, and more firmly later on if need be. The threads would be much more pleasant to read if we didn't have to skip the inevitable squabbles that systematically pollute them.
Can everyone please make an effort and behave themselves ?

Oh please....

I get constant complaints about the Balkan posters, who ruin thread after thread with their jingoistic, uninformed or deliberate distortion of the facts. The only posts less welcome to most posters are those from Nordicists of different varieties.

You might also notice the reputation points some users "don't have", or go to their profiles and see how many times they've been reprimanded for insults, racist ******** etc. Some of these people about whom you're so concerned have threatened to come to our houses to shoot us, and have in pms threatened me with behavior and called me names that as a lady I won't repeat. We've had to report some of these people to the FBI. Some of them are known members of racist organizations.

When they're banned, they use different servers and register under an alias. Of course, since I've been here for seven years, I recognize the "voice". I know that someone posting from Brazil, or Cuba, is not posting from there at all, and is, for example, actually Albanian.

The "threats" to which you take exception are to try to get them to moderate their behavior. Would you prefer I just outright ban them on the first offense?

Welcome to the dark underbelly of population genetics.

I usually think it's best to keep my mouth shut early days anywhere until I figure out what is going on. I recommend that idea to you.

Now, let's get back to J2.

@Angela
Don't misunderstand me. I'm not in any way "concerned" about anyone in particular - all the less so about people who support nonsensical options. I find your own posts extremely well-informed, thought-provoking and informative. And of course I had no idea what was going on off-stage.
It's just that thread after thread those skirmishes seem to go on and on, and their tone feels quite discrepant with the overall high-level scientific data and info provided on the site. The resulting feeling is uneasiness at best, and exasperation at worst. I don't intend to push this any further. I just think the thing had to be pointed out. No hard feelings.

This thread has been viewed 86932 times.

Back