Andalusian cheeses

mmmm i've tasted a few of these and they are great, however its a personal preference i know but goats cheese is gross, i was vegetarian for 16 years and it was the bain of my life as they love to offer it as a veggy alternative in restaurants. Anyway i'll stop my rant, nice article, makes me want to return, spanish food is great anyway so...

Thank you. I like almost all cheeses, fresh cured. Perhaps your palate is not accustomed to goat cheese, maybe next time you try to change his mind. I will be happy to return to Spain. Sorry for the translation is the translator of google, I know very little English: Hello, how are you, where are you, little more.

Artisan Cheese Andaluz looks closest to Rosario
One of the most charismatic and beloved of our land, artisan cheese, was the undisputed star for the Fifth Edition of the Artisanal Cheese of Andalusia held closest to Rosario, province of Cadiz.

The event, which lasted until the day on Sunday, attended by thirty dairies of all the Andalusian provinces. According to numbers from the Junta de Andalucía, the Sierra de Cadiz has forty thousand heads thirty-two thousand goats and sheep, bringing together reaching sixty-four percent of cheese production in the province. In total, the estimated production of five hundred thousand kilos of cheese a year.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villaluenga_del_Rosario

Land of excellent artisanal cheeses.

Hi all, how long, I have not forgotten you, I always carry with me. This thread takes on a new look and includes any appetizing Andalusian cheeses news of Andalusia, this beautiful Spanish region with a history and antigüendad that many wanted for themselves.

Castillo de Matrera. [h=1]Castle of Matrera[/h]Torre Pajarete for natives.

View attachment 7647

It was built in the ninth century by Omar ibn Hafsun to defend Iptuci, the most advanced city in the Cora of Ronda. However Pajarete Mount was the site of human settlement since ancient times.

In the thirteenth century it was conquered by San Fernando, who rebuilt. However in the early fourteenth century he returned to Muslim hands, being definitively reconquered by Alfonso XI in 1341. However being situated on the frontier or Moorish Banda was besieged by the Granada Muslims in 1408 and 1445.

Ibn Ja'far ibn Umar ibn Hafsun Sālim (Arabic: عمر بن حفصون بن جعفر بن سالم), known in the Spanish historiography like Omar Ben Hafsun, (Parauta, Malaga, - 918) was a guerrilla andalusí Spanish-Gothic origin , which he organized and acaudilló a rebellion (880-918) against the Umayyad Emirate of Córdoba (Córdoba Emirate). In the last phase of his rebellion he was baptized receiving the Christian name of Samuel (899).

Iptucci, Roman settlement that reached its peak in the late second century. The archaeological remains are located in the Cabezo of Hortales, municipality of Prado del Rey (Cádiz) Spain, about 4.5 km from the town.

It has been declared of Cultural Interest

"The intervention in the Castle Matrera has been unfortunate '
Archaeologist Alejandro Pérez, member of the Papers History Association, regrets the "excessive" reconstruction of tower

The intervention now highlights the "floating wall" that is embedded in the heightening of the tower. "If you look at the castle in old photographs, the coronation of the crenellated, who had shown up when the fortress was still in use in medieval times," he explains. However, "the new reading made tower is confusing."

http://www.abc.es/cultura/abci-inte...ido-poco-afortunada-201603111441_noticia.html

View attachment 7648View attachment 7649

"They searched the finish had the castle tower Matrera at source"

The architect Carlos Quevedo responds to criticism of its controversial restoration: "There Behind 5 years of work, a comprehensive project done with rigor, where everything has a why"

The architect believes that the action is controversial. "The opinion is respectable, constructive criticism and enriching debate, but you can not judge a project as complex as this with a simple image," he stresses, because "after 5 years of work there." "It was a comprehensive project, done with rigor, and everything has a reason," he adds, ensuring that they have also received congratulations from architects, restorers and archaeologists

Quevedo explains that "we have used the same material that the castle was built," not concrete, as some suspect, although it has been given a different finish because "we have sought the one who really had the tower at source".

The construction "had lost massing and identity as landscape icon" and his performance, has tried to "consolidate and regain that volumetrics."

http://www.abc.es/cultura/abci-pole...illo-matrera-origen-201603101500_noticia.html

View attachment 7650View attachment 7651

Another tower located in the same province of Cadiz in Zahara a few km from Castle Matrera and with a much more firedigna reconstruction and in line with reality.

View attachment 7652View attachment 7653View attachment 7654View attachment 7655

The political class has not only created the newspeak, imbecility that has permeated the media and much of the population, with the repetition of the genre when our Spanish language is not necessary, if not now claim that the mark his paw become apparent in the history affecting archeology and national heritage, leaving politics forever mark. It is the style of the regions who dare to manipulate and change history and worse to invent, that has permeated other regions who dare to give a new look to something old, is a new concept but a new concept with political label.

La Torre Pajarete is the winner.

I've had something forgotten the thread of the cheese for different personal reasons, but I'm back, you can be satisfied. Actually this thread comes to me from a trip I made to Berlin and visiting KDW stores or something like that I think they were called in the cheese section, a large and large fridge had international cheeses for sale mostly from Italy and France and There were only two Spanish cheeses and this is not going to be like that, maybe it's due to ignorance, topics etc.

The best organic cured cheese in the world is from Cadiz

The cheese factory 'El Gazul' has been awarded in the III International Goat Cheese Contest

The organic cured cheese Montes de Alcalá from the 'El Gazul' cheese factory has won the Gold Award at the III International Goat Cheese Contest, held this weekend in Talavera de la Reina as part of the CapraEspaña Caprino International Summit 2017 .

This pioneering event in Spain, which is reaching a level and figures that place it among the best that is celebrated in Europe exclusively goat cheese, has also been awarded the Silver Prize for the cured cheese 'El Gazul'.

Thus, this cheese factory located in Alcalá de los Gazules is once again recognized (after its first place in the Gourmet Awards) as the one that makes the best organic cheese among more than 150 different types of cheese from more than 70 dairies of all points from Spain, as well as representatives from other countries such as France, Ireland and Portugal.

http://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/pr...gico-mundo-gaditano-201709181943_noticia.html

---------------------------------

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 38127 times.

Back