Mediterraneans want to be liked, Northern Europeans prefer... OT about Reinaert

No. For insulting other members without reason and using inappropriate language all the time [bullshit ******* ass hole]. We can discuss about things in a different way. Or do you think your special philosophy of convincing other members has already had any success?

Shut up. You are a typical forum bully.

Shut up. You are a typical forum bully.

Have you no appreciation of your actions? You are the only bully on this entire forum. What do your neighbors think about you? If you act like this while hiding behind a monitor, then how do you act with them? You must the lunatic of the street.

I grew up here in New Jersey (former part of New Amsterdam), and my friends/coaches/neighbors were Van winkles, Van Ordens, De Vries' Van der Hoofs, Schuylers, and Vreelands, etc. They were always the nicest people.

Last edited:
I guess all the nice people left Netherlands by now.

@Rainaert's post

Wow!

Is this what passes for civilized discourse on here?

Are these the educated, enlightened, peace-loving Europeans who are so much more evolved than their poor American cousins?

Or perhaps it's an example of the restrained, non-argumentative, non-assertive, well-mannered northern Europeans.

No, wait, I've got it! It's an example of half-educated, boorish minds further clouded by who knows what else. (And, oh, with the attention span of gnats)

For someone of Macciamo's obvious intellect to present complicated sociological propositions to people like this is a total waste of his time, but it's obviously what he has chosen to do.

I am so out of here.

The image of Europeans being educated and enlightened was certainly not built on your average teenage Dutch country bumpkin. :innocent:

The Dutch are simply straight forward. They tell you their opinion. Whether you like it or not. Anglo Americans have a tradition of soft talk, but getting very pissed when someone doesn't agree with them.

They they start using all kinds of discussion tricks.
Like "I'll report you", childish behavior, use of drugs, alcohol, insanity and a lot of other sneaky methods. It seems to be part of the debating culture in those countries.
Throwing mud is standard in British and American politics, so the people think that is normal.

This thread has been viewed 21638 times.

Back