West Eurasian language family linked to mtdna Haplogroup U

spongetaro

Elite member
Reaction score
Knowing the large spread of mtdna haplogroup U in all Western Eurasia, the age of this haplogroup and the fact that in Paleolithic and Mesolithic culture, people were more likely to learn the language of their mother rather than those of their father (who were often hunting) , is there any possibility that until the spread of Afro Asiatic languages in the south and Indo European, Turkish and Finno Ugric languages in the north, All west Eurasian people belonged to a single language family ?
My theory is that within the Macrohaplogroup F, the cultures linked with haplogroup IJK, G and L that peopled Europe and south Asia first were Matriarcal so that the languages spoken by the carrier of mtdna U could be preserved (despite different Y dna haplogroup) . It is known that Neolithic people of Europe and the Middle East worshipped mother goddess and were mainly matriarcal. Then Patriarcal cultures (Indo European and Semitic) spread massively to Europe and the Middle East with haplogroup R1a, R1b and E, imposing the language of the male and cutting the former West Eurasian language family into a Indo European one and a Afro Asiatic one.

-Theo Vennemann and Elizabeth Hamel have suggested the theory of a Vasconic substrate in Europe before the IE invasion whose Basque language is the only remaining. Here are few examples of river Toponimy:

*Basque ibar « river mouth, valley » :
==>Spain : Ebro river, Iberian people
==>Germany: more than 80 villages names with the prefix “eber”

*Basque (h)aran “valley”:
==>England: Arundel
==>Norway: Arendal
==> Germany: Villages with the prefix “Arn”

-Now some similarities within the paleolithic and neolithic I2A people (basque, Sardinian, Corsican)
*Basque ozpil "fresh place »/ Sardinian (Nuoro region) ozpil « fresh place »
*Sardinian (Nuoro region) gorru "red"/ basque gorri « red »
*Corsican zerru “pork”/ Basque zerri “pork”

The French linguist Michel Morvan found similarities between Basque (I2a people before IE invasion) ,Dravidian (L people) and Caucasian (G, J2 people) languages: (I tried to translate from the French wikipedia, there can be some mistakes):

*Basque : behi « cow » and behor « mare » from*beh- « female animal »/ bourouchaski behé «female animal»
*Basque: hagin « teeth » / hunzib (north east Caucasus) hagin « teeth»
*Basque : bizar « beard » / dravidian : isal « moustache »
*Basque: ile « hair » / dravidian ile « hair »
*the word wine is all over in europe derived from *wain (greek woinos, latin. vinum, breton gwin…)which is close to the proto-semitic form. Basque has completely different word ardan- « wine, grape vine » which is close to Davidian (ardn "berry").
*Dravidian guti,kuti "small" / Basque guti "few, small".
*Basque eme « female » and ar « male » / Mongol eme « female » / ar « male »
*the Dragon in the Basque mythology is called “Herensuge” with “suge” meaning snake=> the dragon “Erenkyl” in the Yakut Mythology with “Kyl” meaning snake

I know my theory is quite far-fetched but this thread's aim is above all to make comparison between pre IE and pre Semitic/ Afro asiatic languages. So if you have comparison like these with Etruscan, Sumerian etc please post it

This thread has been viewed 10565 times.

Back