Macedonians

Sporoi, Sobori, Bharatians, Boreans, Sclavonians/South Venets(Skolotoi)=Tracians=Illyrians=Macedonians,Dalmatians,Pannonians,Dacians,Brigians,Licians...=SouthSlavs
open any UNEDITED pre 19oo book, there are plenty on internet.
key word:UNEDITED

People of today's Skopje cannot be the same people as the ancient Macedonians. They came in these lands 1000 years after Alexander's time. I understand their small country needs to have a raison d'etre in order to survive, although such a thing seems to be difficult, given that they have a very large Albanian minority and unstable politics.

People of today's Skopje cannot be the same people as the ancient Macedonians. They came in these lands 1000 years after Alexander's time. I understand their small country needs to have a raison d'etre in order to survive, although such a thing seems to be difficult, given that they have a very large Albanian minority and unstable politics.
Genetically speaking todays people of Macedonia belong to Balkans. They are not just Slavs who came from North. I need Greek samples from today's Thessaloniki area to tell you exactly how close they are, Greek Macedonians to Slavic Macedonians.

I need Greeks from around Thessaloniki in gedmatch run (Harappa), anyone?

Genetically speaking todays people of Macedonia belong to Balkans. They are not just Slavs who came from North. I need Greek samples from today's Thessaloniki area to tell you exactly how close they are, Greek Macedonians to Slavic Macedonians.

I need Greeks from around Thessaloniki in gedmatch run (Harappa), anyone?

Wrong, wrong, wrong! There was a study from Macedonian Genetic Institute and the conclusion was Albanians of Macedonia who are hard core Balkan and Slav Macedonians were significantly different genetically. Salonika before given to Greece was a Bulgarian territory with Greek minorities. Salonika folks are ethnically Bullgarian

Wrong, wrong, wrong! There was a study from Macedonian Genetic Institute and the conclusion was Albanians of Macedonia who are hard core Balkan and Slav Macedonians were significantly different genetically. Salonika before given to Greece was a Bulgarian territory with Greek minorities. Salonika folks are ethnically Bullgarian
LOL, you are the ultimate Strawman. Nothing what you said (even if it's true) contradicts what I said. Read with comprehension next time.

Where can we then find traces of the ancient Macedonians? I cannot believe they got extinguished just like that.

No, people of Salonika now are not Bulgarians. Yes, prior to the Balkan Wars, Thessalonica was quite mixed. Yet, after the Balkan Wars and the Greek expedition in Asia Minor, things changed.

You should read history more carefully.

No, people of Salonika now are not Bulgarians. Yes, prior to the Balkan Wars, Thessalonica was quite mixed. Yet, after the Balkan Wars and the Greek expedition in Asia Minor, things changed.

You should read history more carefully.

You are a hostage of written history at the time of genetics history. Study the R1a haplogroup of Salonika people and compare it with Bulgarians and then we talk

You are a hostage of written history at the time of genetics history. Study the R1a haplogroup of Salonika people and compare it with Bulgarians and then we talk

I would answer the same about other HG in your ..... with Cuba flag,
but if Greece has bigger R1a than any other country in balkans
and R1a in Europe is traced back to 2500 BC
and the second R1a is not Bulgaria
then I agree with you
you are a hostage of an agenda
and instead of 'yelling' blinded by your agenda, give proofs at least by your search in genetics,
cause even you ever read history you would see many paradox, that exist in your agenda.

and plz tell the forum your nationality,
and stop hiding behind Cuba flag,

Last edited:
@ Lebrok

Thessaloniki is a strange case, and I suggest do not ask from there,
you may find strange or unexpected results.

PS
must have 2 killos of Valerianna :LOL:
and 1 kilo of drugs or nerve calming peels or gas :grin:
to open such a case :useless:
anyway a scientist never stop the challenge
so good luck. :wavey:
I suggest to stop drinking coffe if you go ahead :LOL:
in case of 'blackout' I suggest FN2000 better than AK47 :gun:

Long live Balkans :clap:
:drunk: :smash: :banghead:

Where can we then find traces of the ancient Macedonians? I cannot believe they got extinguished just like that.
Their genetics is mixed into populations of today's Greeks and Macedonian Slavs, but I doubt that pure old Macedonian exist anymore. Same as the pure Slav or pure Germanic, the ones who started the language and culture, don't exist anymore.

@ Lebrok

Thessaloniki is a strange case, and I suggest do not ask from there,
you may find strange or unexpected results.

PS
must have 2 killos of Valerianna :LOL:
and 1 kilo of drugs or nerve calming peels or gas :grin:
to open such a case :useless:
anyway a scientist never stop the challenge
so good luck. :wavey:
I suggest to stop drinking coffe if you go ahead :LOL:
in case of 'blackout' I suggest FN2000 better than AK47 :gun:

Long live Balkans :clap:
:drunk: :smash: :banghead:
Hey Yetos, did you do DNA test that you can run through GedMatch? And of course send results it to me? :)

Their genetics is mixed into populations of today's Greeks and Macedonian Slavs, but I doubt that pure old Macedonian exist anymore. Same as the pure Slav or pure Germanic, the ones who started the language and culture, don't exist anymore.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?
The only chance they survived would be in some secluded village up in the mountains. Otherwise after 2000 years of population movements in this area it is physically impossible.
Notice that we are talking about genetics only. Macedonian is mainly about culture, however. Old Macedonian ways are long gone. Religion has changed, language has changed, clothes has changed, traditions has changed, way of life has changed, most of food has changed, etc, etc. What's left of ancient Macedonians is their name and some of their genetics.

I see why we re-open the thread,

Albanians want to tell us that they are 'trully' Illyrians
and ancient Makedonians were 'trully' Albanians,
and Pharaoh Ramses was also 'trully' Albanian,
as Etruscans and Cypriots,

Did I forgot someone?
yes you forgot dorians-(spartans) and pelasgians.
The funny thing is that dorians pelasgians and illyrians coexisted and they spoke different languages and they had hostile relations amongst them.
If the albanians do not claim such a thing i will ask sorry.

i have a question for the vardaskans.
one of my great grandfathers (the father of my grandmother by my fathers side) was from monastiri (bitola).
He left during the balkan wars and settled in sparta.(the irony is that the father of my grandfather was a balkan war hero)
He always talked about monastiri and about the hostility between greeks and bulgarians.
where were they the "macedonians" back then? because my great grandfather seems to have missed them.

yes you forgot dorians-(spartans) and pelasgians.
The funny thing is that dorians pelasgians and illyrians coexisted and they spoke different languages and they had hostile relations amongst them.
If the albanians do not claim such a thing i will ask sorry.

Before making a statement and later asking sorry, you have to ask the opinion of the Albanians. What do you think?

I would answer the same about other HG in your ..... with Cuba flag,
but if Greece has bigger R1a than any other country in balkans
and R1a in Europe is traced back to 2500 BC
and the second R1a is not Bulgaria
then I agree with you
you are a hostage of an agenda
and instead of 'yelling' blinded by your agenda, give proofs at least by your search in genetics,
cause even you ever read history you would see many paradox, that exist in your agenda.

and plz tell the forum your nationality,
and stop hiding behind Cuba flag,

DuPidh is Albanian

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I see why we re-open the thread,

Albanians want to tell us that they are 'trully' Illyrians
and ancient Makedonians were 'trully' Albanians,
and Pharaoh Ramses was also 'trully' Albanian,
as Etruscans and Cypriots,

Did I forgot someone?
According to Constantine Sathas, probably the most important greek historian of XIX century, in IV century, in Cyprus there was an Albanian colony. They were the ruling elite of the island.

Before making a statement and later asking sorry, you have to ask the opinion of the Albanians. What do you think?
ok then tell me what do you think about pelasgians and dorians were they albanians or not?But i have even see an albanian guy with the nickname dorian.
Sorry anyway in advance if you don't belive that.

This thread has been viewed 746695 times.

Back