Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 1,076 to 1,088 of 1088

Thread: Macedonians

Quote Originally Posted by DuPidh View Post
    OMG! Greeks have that attitude even in in English speaking world. They think being Greek carries extra social points. Only to find that for the Northern people Greeks are Wogs. ( I am not sure if i wrote it correct).I guess they call Albanians wogs as well, but Albanians keep a low profile in general so are mostly invisible ethnic groups, but Greeks are really offended by the epithet.
    Well, most albanians aren't "wogs" and I'm sure there are plenty greeks too. Do they also call Italians, Spanish, Portuguese and Serbs wogs for being darker tone?

A lot of northern people look like wogs when they go on holiday btw. If you look at haplogroups, it tends to be only regions with significant amount of i1 that have a lot of blondes and there aren't many of these regions left

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    The saying goes, "The wogs begin at Calais". Also stop using that word, guys, because it is inappropriate for the forum.

Funny anecdote, I was in an Irish bar, one New Year's eve with a friend, and we became acquainted with a British guy there. He had an accent, so he was from England. He asked about us, where we came from. I told him I was Italian, but later he referred to me as Albanian. I corrected him, and he sharply, yet jokingly replied, "Whatever, you all look the same" :)

Also, I know quite a few Albanians. My friend married an Albanian, and I went to their wedding. Some of them seemed pretty dark to me, they could easily pass for Sicilian. But like in all southern European groups, there is a lot of phenotypic-diversity. My friend's wife has blonde hair and blue eyes.
    Ancient West Eurasia

Calculator Versions:

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    Well, most albanians aren't "wogs" and I'm sure there are plenty greeks too. Do they also call Italians, Spanish, Portuguese and Serbs wogs for being darker tone?
    A lot of northern people look like wogs when they go on holiday btw. If you look at haplogroups, it tends to be only regions with significant amount of i1 that have a lot of blondes and there aren't many of these regions left
    Haplogroups do not dictate phenotype. Autosomal DNA is responsible for this.

Albanian autosomal DNA is predominately Anatolian_N + CHG/IN. Steppe and WHG are minority components. The same can be said for many Italians.

This Wog thing I mentioned this is especially pronounced in Australia. Its no longer active in USA. But I brought the topic because I saw Australian Greeks protest about it. Who cares if someone calls you Wog, let alone protest. What you have to do is make the other work for you, through going to school, excelling in school, building a prosperous life for yourself, being socially fair and helpful

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Quote Originally Posted by DuPidh View Post
    This Wog thing I mentioned this is especially pronounced in Australia. Its no longer active in USA. But I brought the topic because I saw Australian Greeks protest about it. Who cares if someone calls you Wog, let alone protest. What you have to do is make the other work for you, through going to school, excelling in school, building a prosperous life for yourself, being socially fair and helpful

The Wog thing from Australia was originally meant to be on for the early chinese in Australia...it means Western Oriental Gentleman

the other is Dago ............which was meant for Italians and spanish as it came from the spanish christian name Diego ............Diego is spanish for James ............James is associated with Jimmy .............a jimmy is slang in australia for a foreigner
    Fathers mtdna ... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ... K1a4o
    Mum paternal line ... R1b-S8172
    Grandmum paternal side ... I1d1-P109
    Wife paternal line ... R1a-Z282

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Haplogroups do not dictate phenotype. Autosomal DNA is responsible for this.
    Albanian autosomal DNA is predominately Anatolian_N + CHG/IN. Steppe and WHG are minority components. The same can be said for many Italians.
    Haplogroups play big role in autosomal dna, not sure what your point is.

A country or even better a city/town is made up from all the different y dna that has remained there giving them the skin tone and features

My point is regions with a lot of i1 are usually more "white" or more blonde, most r1b-strong regions that lack i1 don't look more "white" than south europeans

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

4 members found this post helpful.
    You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

OMG! This person is out of control. Don't think has a passing grade in any school subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    You clearly do not know what you are talking about.
    Look at r1b some strong regions in Spain, Portugal or even France/Switzerland. Most people there look like South Europeans or darker toned

It is only regions with bigger amounts of i1 in Germany, Sweden, Norway and England that look more "pale" or more "blonde". This is common knowledge

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Look at r1b some strong regions in Spain, Portugal or even France/Switzerland. Most people there look like South Europeans or darker toned
    It is only regions with bigger amounts of i1 in Germany, Sweden, Norway and England that look more "pale" or more "blonde". This is common knowledge
    Phenotype is determined by a combination of different alleles. People who seemingly have the same phenotype may actually have a different combination. Again, haplogroups do not determine your phenotype.

Hair color ranges across a wide spectrum of hues, from flaxen blond to coal black. Many genes other than MC1R play a role in determining shades of hair color by controlling levels of eumelanin and pheomelanin. Some of these genes, including ASIP, DTNBP1, GPR143, HPS3, KITLG, MLPH,MYO5A, MYO7A, OCA2, SLC45A2, SLC24A5, TYRP1, TYR, ERCC6, GNAS, HERC2, IRF4, OBSCN, SLC24A4, TPCN2, and MITF, are involved in the production of melanin in hair. Some of these genes are associated with gene transcription (which is the first step in protein production), DNA repair, the transport of substances (such as calcium) across cell membranes, or the structure of hair follicles. Several of these genes contribute to eye and skin color, but the exact role they play in determining hair color is unknown.

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/und...uces%20melanin.
    Eye color:

Although eye color is usually modeled as a simple, Mendelian trait, further research and observation has indicated that eye color does not follow the classical paths of inheritance. Eye color phenotypes demonstrate both epistasis and incomplete dominance. Although there are about 16 different genes responsible for eye color, it is mostly attributed to two adjacent genes on chromosome 15, hect domain and RCC1-like domain-containing protein 2 (HERC2) and ocular albinism (that is, oculocutaneous albinism II (OCA2)). An intron in HERC2 contains the promoter region for OCA2, affecting its expression. Therefore, single-nucleotide polymorphisms in either of these two genes have a large role in the eye color of an individual. Furthermore, with all genetic expression, aberration also occurs. Some individuals may express two phenotypes—one in each eye—or a complete lack of pigmentation, ocular albinism. In addition, the evolutionary and population roles of the different expressions are significant.

https://www.nature.com/articles/jhg2...0elementary%20 form,classified%20as%20a%20Mendelian%20trait.&text =On%20the%20basis%20of%20the,rare%20cases%2C%20vio let%20and%20red.

Skin color:

Human skin colour is highly heritable and externally visible with relevance in medical, forensic, and anthropological genetics. Although eye and hair colour can already be predicted with high accuracies from small sets of carefully selected DNA markers, knowledge about the genetic predictability of skin colour is limited. Here, we investigate the skin colour predictive value of 77 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from 37 genetic loci previously associated with human pigmentation using 2025 individuals from 31 global populations. We identified a minimal set of 36 highly informative skin colour predictive SNPs and developed a statistical prediction model capable of skin colour prediction on a global scale. Average cross-validated prediction accuracies expressed as area under the receiver-operating characteristic curve (AUC) ± standard deviation were 0.97 ± 0.02 for Light, 0.83 ± 0.11 for Dark, and 0.96 ± 0.03 for Dark-Black. When using a 5-category, this resulted in 0.74 ± 0.05 for Very Pale, 0.72 ± 0.03 for Pale, 0.73 ± 0.03 for Intermediate, 0.87±0.1 for Dark, and 0.97 ± 0.03 for Dark-Black. A comparative analysis in 194 independent samples from 17 populations demonstrated that our model outperformed a previously proposed 10-SNP-classifier approach with AUCs rising from 0.79 to 0.82 for White, comparable at the intermediate level of 0.63 and 0.62, respectively, and a large increase from 0.64 to 0.92 for Black. Overall, this study demonstrates that the chosen DNA markers and prediction model, particularly the 5-category level; allow skin colour predictions within and between continental regions for the first time, which will serve as a valuable resource for future applications in forensic and anthropologic genetics.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00439-017-1808-5

Y-DNA haplogroup
    likely(E-S11168)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv

don't know
    than why ireland whch is like 90% r1b
    are very pale skin ( maybe not blond but they don't look south european )
    known ancestery:
    Sefhardi/ aschenazi/ mizrahi/ bulgarian
    Eurogenes k13 updated closest:
    4.70345618 Greek_Andros_Island

eurogenes k13 ancient closeset:
    4.86806943 R136_Lazio_Rome_italy_Late_Antiquity
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/h3aa-av_genbank_sequences.htm

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

hm

and what mothers?

don't they inherit some phenotype genes to their descendans?
    Last edited by Yetos; Yesterday at 22:38.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

Ethnic group
    Iranian

"Yeyy Haplogroups are everything and determine phenotype", these kind of people you should definitely avoid if you are interested in genetics.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344