Macedonians

You don't understand
The mothers can have an affect if they had a father with a much different y dna. If you have a region where everyone has the same y dna that must mean the women also had fathers with the same y dna or at least this will be the case over time (at least the males)
But if you have a region with everyone same y dna and you want women with all different father y dna then it would take a long time to achieve the same result but eventually all the men a few hundred years later will still look similar if the y dna remains constant
As for my family, using the same logic I applied above the y dna in my family will be the same BUT the women will have come from fathers with likely different y dna - the less of this the more chance we all look alike

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And I am suposed to take you serious right?

My mother's parents were immigrants from Thessaloniki in 1924. My grandfather always said we were Macedonians. Neither Greek nor Bulgarian. Our ancestral land is in Vodina(edesse), and we are Macedonians. There were no Greeks where they lived, but there were Bulgarians.Most tormented by Bulgarian gangs. In the end, they were subject to forced migration.As someone who came from there, I wanted to write something.

What you wrote is not correct historically. The ancient writers who first described the Macedonians ALL described them as Greeks. If they weren't they would have described them as other than Greeks. And we are talking about Hesiod, Herodotus, and Thucydides. So please stop the false claims about Macedonians.

No it is not. I guess it is about your defination of Greeks. I am also don't call the Cypriots as Greek, I don't care that is their language or religion or what is their origin mtyh.

This is a genetic distance issue for me.

View attachment 12366

Also Sardinians are not Italian because of genetic distance. See how Iranian and Georgian or Turkish and Kurdish areas are intertwined.

Do you call the Georgian, North Iranian? Do you call the Kurds, Eastern Turks? I don't think so.

Why do you think a population like Greeks size has this much large area in the figure??? Because they are not pure, they are mixing with other races, nations since their colony age.

Genetics do not define an ethnicity! Why even talk about it?
"An ethnic group or ethnicity is a grouping of people who identify with each other on the basis of shared attributes that distinguish them from other groups such as a common set of traditions, ancestry, language, history, society, culture, nation, religion, or social treatment within their residing area."
I don't see genetics in this definition from Wikipedia. So why are you even considering genetics?
Does the American nation feel French/Dutch/English/Porto Rican/etc or do they feel American because they share a common "set of traditions, ancestry, language, history, society, culture, nation, religion, or social treatment"?

The ancient Macedonians self-declared as Greeks. There are multiple instances from Alexander I all the way to Philip V. Who are we to deny how they felt? Isn't an ethnicity based on self-identification? If not, then the so-called modern 'Macedonians' who feel Macedonian have a much weaker position since their ancestors came to the Balkans in the 6th c AD, and these people are a new ethnicity which evolved a little over a century ago (cf. Eugene Borza).

This thread has been viewed 745260 times.

Back