there is only one true Makedonia from antique,

Roman territory of Makedonia is not Makedonian ethnicity,
although since Slavs exist more than 1 millenium, to the area,
and both Slavs and Greeks affected culture and history to both countries
and FYROM shows anex to Aromani and rest populations,
many Makedonians accept the term SlavoMakedonia,
which can conclude the term Makedonia you demand,
and also is according history,

Everything else that contains the Term Makedonia is unaccapted.
land demanding and 'freedom' issues, are unaccepted, since if Fyrom raises fortune and population demand,
MAkedonian unions and Greece will also raise the same to the FYROM from Perlepe to Monasterion to Stromnitsa to Eugeleia.

Today at Skopia are 1280 Greek corporations and 6% of working places are created from them,
and about 3% is working to Greece, as Dzeri Naumov said.

plus that 10 years now, a number of Fyrom military officers and special forces and police officers are trained in Greece 1 or 2 years, as OTAN cooperative program.

Makedonians and rest Greeks are clear enough from 1990's,

Stop stupidity of provocative behavour and hostility of Great makedonia,
there is only one true Makedonia from antique,

Roman territory of Makedonia is not Makedonian ethnicity,
although since Slavs exist more than 1 millenium, to the area,
and both Slavs and Greeks affected culture and history to both countries
and FYROM shows anex to Aromani and rest populations,
many Makedonians accept the term SlavoMakedonia,
which can conclude the term Makedonia you demand,
and also is according history,

Everything else that contains the Term Makedonia is unaccapted.
land demanding and 'freedom' issues, are unaccepted, since if Fyrom raises fortune and population demand,
MAkedonian unions and Greece will also raise the same to the FYROM from Perlepe to Monasterion to Stromnitsa to Eugeleia.

Today at Skopia are 1280 Greek corporations and 6% of working places are created from them,
and about 3% is working to Greece, as Dzeri Naumov said.

plus that 10 years now, a number of Fyrom military officers and special forces and police officers are trained in Greece 1 or 2 years, as OTAN cooperative program.

Whether you like it or not, there is more than one Macedonia. I am happy for an identifier to be added to our name to resolve the issue, however ''Slav'' is not it, since about 30% our population is not Slavic. Vardar, Northern or Upper Macedonia will most likely be the compromise. As far as minority rights, that issue was dealt with in the 1995 Interim accord and that issue is closed from an official govt perspective.

Yes, our two countries co-operate and work together on a number of fronts and this will intensify, especially when the name issue is resolved. Our people still love to visit Greece for holidays and there is really no animosity towards Greeks.

Whether you like it or not, there is more than one Macedonia. I am happy for an identifier to be added to our name to resolve the issue, however ''Slav'' is not it, since about 30% our population is not Slavic. Vardar, Northern or Upper Macedonia will most likely be the compromise. As far as minority rights, that issue was dealt with in the 1995 Interim accord and that issue is closed from an official govt perspective.

Yes, our two countries co-operate and work together on a number of fronts and this will intensify, especially when the name issue is resolved. Our people still love to visit Greece for holidays and there is really no animosity towards Greeks.

North, Nova, etc Makedonia are rejected 20 years now from Greece,

And what about the Macedonians from Pelagonia, Gevgelia and further south from today's Greek Macedonia?

Map of ethnic Macedonian territory from Eurominority;

images

Can you post a link where we can see this map and also we can read the article related to it, pls?

I can accept northern,nova,upper,slavomacedonia to me personally is irrelevant especially when we have greek macedonia, slavo can be language identifier but as VMRO said we have minorities and not to all native language is Slavic.This however is up to citizens to decide as a whole,but this identifier will be for UN,EU,council of Europe,Nato and organizations as such where Greece has Veto.Still on bilateral relations countries that recognize Macedonia it will be called as such,citizens on the other hand can call themselves whatever they like including their country.

Yetos up to 80% Macedonians that go on vacations go in Greece,the rest 20% on other places,my last two vacations were in Chalkidiki,still many visit Thesaloniki for shopping,on the other hand as you said Greeks are coming here including companies,corporations etc no one bother them,you also said that you visit some places here.This "animosity" is non existent and is unnatural to exist among both neighboring countries on bilateral relations,which is bad for both including citizens.
Then if stubbornity continue we can see many more provocations which are fueled by politicians with a cause in the first place,still that doesn't touch their relations as i see.
That is my opinion only.

Except theories also exist pseudo-theories. And this part of your post is an typical pseudo-theory. And this is not product of some sick minds. NO. This is official:
alexander-the-great-statue-giant.jpg

Skopje_Alexander_the_Great_Airport.jpg

56530939.jpg

Just for curiosity, why you are so obssesed with Alexander III and Philip II? Their names suggest that were other Alexander and Philip, Kings of Macedonia. Let me help you:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argead_dynasty#Dynasty
Would be nice if for example you name a square Archelaus II or Amyntas III.
I really do not know why you post monuments,there is other of them if you like,don't be so selective :D
Justinian who was born near Skopje
DAY-ITN_MAC_004_2466.jpg

Tsar Samuil
car_Samuil-pametnik.jpg

There is many more ... Tsar Dushan
0b26edb1616784b712f024d08730e281.jpg

People that somehow were connected to that country.

There is the house of mother Teresa as Albanian do you like her? There is also Scanderbeg Albanian national hero? but it will take to many pictures.

Memorial_house_of_Mother_Teresa.jpg

For your curiosity all of this has it's controversy and little you know about it,not all support this among the citizens and the opposition party is highly against it,i have no opinion on that although i don't like so many monuments.
Everyone build whatever he likes,then just 80 years ago on that square was king of Yugoslavia.Who knows the next 80 years?
Skopje_stari_spomenici.jpg

As you can see not everything is tied to nationalism and hatred you know of,on your next comments i won't even answer.

I am surprised to see so many Albanians challenging Macedonians to call themselves as such, especially since both Albania and Kosovo recognize us as such, both our state and the Macedonian ethnicity and language. I would have expected Greek posters to post their opposition to us, but not so much Albanians. Perhaps Greeks are sick of the issue, as we are. Time to close this ridiculous name issue and move on.
I don't know where u got the idea that we're challenging the name of Macedonia. AFAIK u can call urselves whatever u want.

I simply stated a fact regarding the connection between modern and Ancient Macedonian people, since there's no connection whatsoever as the Ancient Macedonia was further South. The name is a completely different matter which Albanians couldn't care less.

With regards to the animosity between us, I think it exists and in high levels. I have very good friends and even best friends from Montenegro especially, Serbia, and Greece, but never a single Macedonian was willing to get to know us. And it's so interesting because we barely know u or notice u in Albania for example as people think only of Serbs, Greeks, and a Turks as countries that have harmed us.

I don't know where u got the idea that we're challenging the name of Macedonia. AFAIK u can call urselves whatever u want.

I simply stated a fact regarding the connection between modern and Ancient Macedonian people, since there's no connection whatsoever as the Ancient Macedonia was further South. The name is a completely different matter which Albanians couldn't care less.

With regards to the animosity between us, I think it exists and in high levels. I have very good friends and even best friends from Montenegro especially, Serbia, and Greece, but never a single Macedonian was willing to get to know us. And it's so interesting because we barely know u or notice u in Albania for example as people think only of Serbs, Greeks, and a Turks as countries that have harmed us.
Nick the issue is more complex and better not to go that far im done with this thread.
You seem more reasonable and to the contrary i don't see anymosity it depends to people like elsewhere and as far friendship goes i meet many Albanians almost on daily basis,i did had friends prior but he moved in Swizerland like you,maybe this antropology board is more of a problem cause history is being discussed.
Never meet Albanians from Albania and never visited Albania yet,but i hope next years,we all just have our daily life problems,work,home etc.

I see why we re-open the thread,

Albanians want to tell us that they are 'trully' Illyrians
and ancient Makedonians were 'trully' Albanians,
and Pharaoh Ramses was also 'trully' Albanian,
as Etruscans and Cypriots,

Did I forgot someone?

No this is notcorrect, Albanians are claiming only that they are autochthones in theBalkans and their DNA shows that. The rest is just assumption.
One question for you, since I don’t know the Ancient Greekhistory very well, so who are the real greeks, the people that live before Doric migration or the Doric tribes.

Provide link of statement (DNA shows that).

This is Macedonian thread, but there is one for Albanians I think and there were one study that was suggesting that Albanians after Sardinians are the second most indigenous in Europe. I can't post links yet.

This is Macedonian thread, but there is one for Albanians I think and there were one study that was suggesting that Albanians after Sardinians are the second most indigenous in Europe. I can't post links yet.

Ok!

Its wrong thread to discuss it here.

I think that the name of Macedonia is more political than historical or geographical issue

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Did I forgot someone?
I have never heard such claims other than to the legacy of the Illyrians.

He just likes to toy around with stuff he creates himself. Let him be happy and may he never do a ftdna test as he's in for big surprises with his Makedonian ancestry.

Can you post a link where we can see this map and also we can read the article related to it, pls?

That is from an older version of eurominority.eu website. Here is latest map;

map_europe_languages_eng.png

site is being updated

Did I forgot someone?

Stop making stuff up.

it was from the educational book created by Tito for yugoslav schools for their history ........including kosovo and gheg albanians in montenegro

It says also south slavs are illyrians, macedonians, etc etc as well as the boudaries of slavs is from the rhine, through vienna and istria, all yugoslavia and north albania.

I already send the link of the site here many years ago

This thread has been viewed 746494 times.

Back