Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

Some people, you included, need to learn to read before commenting!!!

Slavs in the Balkans have close to 0% I2a2:

Haplogroup-I2b.gif

You quoting 7 years old post of that idiot "how yes no 2" makes this thread even more comical.

You are correct . It was my mistake. I thought he was referring to I2a-Din.

The data on post #810 shows the macedonians have 11% more E-V13 than albanians .......and greek province of macedonia 15% less ................what was the ancient language of the macedonians since it was not Greek ?

some say Phyrgian based on Macedonian calendar at the time

the “undeniable cultural influence” of the Phrygian people in the formation of the Macedonian ethnos. They particularly refer to the months Audnaios, Xandikos, Gorpiaios and Hyperberetaios, which according to them can find no explanation in Greek.

In that post the data suggests that Ev13 is alboMacedon, not slavomacedon. Roughly 85% of albomacedons is Ghegs.

We know what was the language of Phrygians and it don't look as Slavomacedon. I bet for Paeonian language

Stop constantly spreading your BS. Albanians have more V13 than anyone in Europe. V13/J2b/R1b are chief among Albanians.

Ev13 is the main Y-dna, that's true. However, till now I don't see any reasonable explanation about it.

so in post #810 the data shows the macedonians have 11% more E-V13 than albanians ..........are these V13 macedonian-albanians original macedonians or are they albanians that migrated......clearly the greek macedonians have less

Greek Macedons are not autochtonous as the southern Greeks. A grant part of them have an Russian, Georgian, and Armenian origin

but are phygians from europe that went to middle anatolia or are they anatolians that went to europe

As long as Phrygian language wasn't related with Anatolian IE languages, Hittite, Luwian, Lydian etc, it's probable that Phrygians moved from Balkans into Anatolia. Armenians did so

How can be both official?

We can work on it. We may find a solution. If Albanian and Macedon language are today both official in Macedonia, why can't be Gheg in Albania!!! In the end Gheg and Tosk are mutually intelligible.

I think Ghegs deserve more respect

People of Divjaka are myzeqarë, lalë. Does not exist this qien in their dialect.

I know they are Lale or Myzeqare. I just think I heard that kind of word that's all. However, don't make it a big deal. His theory was about other stuff

R1b in Ghegs is about 30%, same with J2b2.

Tosks bring down these both values, so you are wrong here.

Okay if that's true, then everything is fine. The Eupedia maps shows otherwise. The R1b and J2b2 are drawn by the historical Albanian territories, whilst the Ev13 it's drawn by Gheg territories. It picks in Kosova. We all know that Albos of Kosova are Ghegs from surrounding highlands. Maybe it's a mistake of Eupedia

We can work on it. We may find a solution. If Albanian and Macedon language are today both official in Macedonia, why can't be Gheg in Albania!!! In the end Gheg and Tosk are mutually intelligible.
I think Ghegs deserve more respect
Excuse me but do you have any idea what you're saying here? How can you make a comparison of this kind? The Albanians are one nation, not a mix of two or more nations or ethnic groups. We are not like the Albanians and the Macedonians in FYROM or like the Croats and the Serbs in ex-Yugoslavia. Do you know who supported this anti-albanian theory and why did he do it?

In that post the data suggests that Ev13 is alboMacedon, not slavomacedon. Roughly 85% of albomacedons is Ghegs.
We know what was the language of Phrygians and it don't look as Slavomacedon. I bet for Paeonian language

yes it was Paeonian...........there was no slavs there at the time
Paeonia always was placed north of ancient macedonia

Yes, it doesn't look as Greek. I just pointed that modern Greeks share more Y-dna with Ghegs rather than with Tosks. Claiming that Tosks are albanized Greeks has no genetic back up

tosks belong to ancient epirotes
ghegs to ancient dardania
albanians in modern macedonia ( the epicentre of E-V13 ) as Paeonians

Excuse me but do you have any idea what you're saying here? How can you make a comparison of this kind? The Albanians are one nation, not a mix of two or more nations or ethnic groups. We are not like the Albanians and the Macedonians in FYROM or like the Croats and the Serbs in ex-Yugoslavia. Do you know who supported this anti-albanian theory and why did he do it?

you are joking ...right !

modern albanians are not one people....never have been..........the 3 areas are different in dialect, different in DNA and different in traits

you are joking ...right !

modern albanians are not one people....never have been..........the 3 areas are different in dialect, different in DNA and different in traits

I don't have any interest to discuss with a t-roll like you.

Hi, I wanted to know what haplogroup were common among the arbereshe tosks of Southern Italy and Sicily? Same goes for the Stratioti.

I made a thread on my haplogroup, and unfortunately it hasn't attracted much attention. If some people here could help explain my genetic history I'd appreciate it. Fwiw, morleys prediction tool claimed it originated in Southern Albania give or take.

Hi, I wanted to know what haplogroup were common among the arbereshe tosks of Southern Italy and Sicily? Same goes for the Stratioti.

I made a thread on my haplogroup, and unfortunately it hasn't attracted much attention. If some people here could help explain my genetic history I'd appreciate it. Fwiw, morleys prediction tool claimed it originated in Southern Albania give or take.
Test some STR markers for starters.

Albanians are not descended from Dacians. That theory has no basis. Albanians are largely descended from Illyrians based on their YDNA, and there is mounds of evidence to prove it. Genetically anyways. I will entertain the possibility that late Iron-Age Dacians may have had some R1a/I2 clades with them given their geographic position. So maybe in my case that is a likely(but still unprobable) source of origin. Could be Gothic or Bastarnae. The founder clade should be nailed down soon. I am waiting for 2 more tested novels with YSEQ. So far out of 22(of the 26) tested, my Albanian match is positive for 7. The other 4 are(according to yseq) in unstable positions and therefore may give false negatives/positives. So I only tested the 22. Of the 7 out of 22 it places our founder effect around 600AD or so. That could go up assuming the remaining 2 are positive. I do not have any Vlach matches. Not yet at least. My closest YDNA matches after the Albanians are German, Scandinavian, and 2 Shapsough Kavkazians from Russia. Those matches are 2000-2300 ypb though.

How did you calculate those TMRCA? Did the testing company give you the matches and the estimates? Or just YFull ones?

How did you calculate those TMRCA? Did the testing company give you the matches and the estimates? Or just YFull ones?

The matches were found by Trojet from two YSEQ testers. One from Gostivar with origin from Diber Madhe. The other from Tirana with origins from Dibra Vogel. My own family are from Diber Vogel in Okshtun. It was named the Dibra cluster per Albanian bloodlines.

its standard math really. Rough estimation of course. For example L1029 TMRCA is 2040ypb. So out of the 22 tested novel SNPs I divided 2040/22 which rounded up is 93 years, multiplied by the number of positive SNPs(so far 7), roughly equates to our common ancestor living around 650 AD. So currently the founder effect for this “Dibra cluster”(all my matches have origin from here) would be 1350ypb which is when it roughly would have joined Proto Albanians and taking part in Albanian ethnogenesis. Now if the remaining 2 SNPs are positive, then it would go up from that estimation.

Yfull was kind enough to offer creating a new branch that splits L1029 when I provide them with my positive SNPs. So I am not sure what their deduction will be. Whether they will calculate it based on all 26 novels or exclude the 4 unstable ones and do it based off the 22.

Theoretically given unstable markers for the match from Tirana he may be further back by 300 years. However as Trojet advised he may still share the same TMRCA with me and the Gostivar match. Once I have the positive SNPs I will make a panel and donate to have him tested to see if the TMRCA for the founder effect goes back further or stays the same.

Yeah I saw your thread but not your STR markers from your Y-DNA37 test. If you want me look into it post your STRs there in your thread or send them to me via pm.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 699484 times.

Back