Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1312

Thread: Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    Who are we?

Sent from my ****** using Eupedia Forum
    Anyone with fit reason can spot that something is wrong with the data.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Regarding Albanian Y-DNA only peer reviewed scientific papers should be considered as canonical.
    This freelance Albanian projects have lost their meaning anymore with their cherrypicking.
    For instance 2019 Macedonian paper which has very consistent samples has Albanians from Macedonia with Y-DNA E-V13 at ~35% while the Albanian projects have ~15%. That's strikingly ~20% difference and extremelly weird considering that some other paper has the percentage more closely to the ~35% of E-V13.
    I really don't think it's wise to disregard the sample database of project efforts. At least for Rrenjet which has surpasses a thousand samples at this point. Which typically dwarfs the sample size of most peer reviewed studies.
    I am also curious on how they are cherry picked exactly?

They literally have no idea what results will be until the samples are processed at the lab. The whole point of this endeavor is to dibe deep into the Y-Chromosomes of the Albanian peoples.
    I don't see how small sample sizes with weak resolution, no names or at least regions/tribes, is beneficial to deciphering Y-Chromosome composition on a large scale.

I do think we need to continue to compile more and more samples to bolster the size and this needs to be done region to region.

I will agree certain places are over tested compared to others. However, you have to also remember contributors have preferences for where their sponsorship goes.

With regards to Albanians of Macedonia, do not fret. The sample size will grow by at least another 30+ samples eventually, sponsored by myself at Rrenjet.

Im sure they will collect unsponsored kits that can be sponsored over time as well.
    You have to remember people are combining their own personal finances/resources to decipher our origins. I wouldn't disregard their efforts. If you want to see more tests in Macedonia, reach out to the admins with your intentions to sponsor. If I could contribute more than I already have I would.

Until then sponsors who actually contribute will have a say to where those tests are directed, as the money is coming out of their/our pockets.

No one bothered sponsoring kits for Okshtun and Golloborde until I slowly gathered funds to test the region more deeply.

We need more nember sponsorship/contributions. Even if it's a couple samples a month. If everyone chipped in the project would swell with samples from all over.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

I think i was clear enough, we will not allow shady people cherry-picking samples all over around to be constituted as reference for Albanian population.
    We will accept only peer reviewed scientific papers.
    For the record, I support only accepting peer-reviewed sources as legitimate. Imo

The population of Albania is only 2.8 million people. I trust the academics to accurately capture the scale of these haplogroup distributions.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Anyone with fit reason can spot that something is wrong with the data.
    Personally I have helped test Laberia since my family comes from there. Other people can help to get tests from other regions that are undertested. If this is called cherry picking than we are cherry picking based on the interest that everyone has for the genealogy of their family/region.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

2 members found this post helpful.
    Dibran made a very good point. You can't cherry pick DNA. Its like a lottery, you test people and you get what you get.
    For one the testing is done by foreign companies.
    For two there is the cost factor per test, which combined with the limited funding of private projects through donations creates an incentive not to test more than one member of a fis/family/tribe(due to how Y-dna works).
    For three you have the databases, with the kit numbers, which can not be fa*ked.

So all in all, I do not see what is not to trust here. Hence why I failed to grasp Hawk's concerns.

Eventually, as Jovialis said, given there is probably around 6 million Albanians in/from the Balkans (just my guess, could be more), eventually you need to test only so many for the sample size to be statistically appropriate. I just do not agree with Jovialis point, that only academic papers should be considered, since ~1500 samples from both these projects are much better than the studies that use 50 - 100 samples to draw conclusions. The only concern left is proper sampling by region, but given that these data is publicly available on the websites of both project I do not see this as a big concern.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

Franz Kafka

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    I really don't think it's wise to disregard the sample database of project efforts. At least for Rrenjet which has surpasses a thousand samples at this point. Which typically dwarfs the sample size of most peer reviewed studies.
    I am also curious on how they are cherry picked exactly?
    They literally have no idea what results will be until the samples are processed at the lab. The whole point of this endeavor is to dibe deep into the Y-Chromosomes of the Albanian peoples.
    I don't see how small sample sizes with weak resolution, no names or at least regions/tribes, is beneficial to deciphering Y-Chromosome composition on a large scale.
    I do think we need to continue to compile more and more samples to bolster the size and this needs to be done region to region.
    I will agree certain places are over tested compared to others. However, you have to also remember contributors have preferences for where their sponsorship goes.
    With regards to Albanians of Macedonia, do not fret. The sample size will grow by at least another 30+ samples eventually, sponsored by myself at Rrenjet.
    Im sure they will collect unsponsored kits that can be sponsored over time as well.
    You have to remember people are combining their own personal finances/resources to decipher our origins. I wouldn't disregard their efforts. If you want to see more tests in Macedonia, reach out to the admins with your intentions to sponsor. If I could contribute more than I already have I would.
    Until then sponsors who actually contribute will have a say to where those tests are directed, as the money is coming out of their/our pockets.
    No one bothered sponsoring kits for Okshtun and Golloborde until I slowly gathered funds to test the region more deeply.
    We need more nember sponsorship/contributions. Even if it's a couple samples a month. If everyone chipped in the project would swell with samples from all over.
    Either you have no idea how this works or you pretend so, there is room to do it in so many ways. The points raised by you are not valid, they don't encompass everything, they can target and test specific people ignoring the rest or the median. It takes couple of bias to change percentage. It's not dramatic or General Admiral Aladdin-like.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    For the record, I support only accepting peer-reviewed sources as legitimate. Imo

The population of Albania is only 2.8 million people. I trust the academics to accurately capture the scale of these haplogroup distributions.
    Exactly. They know their job. :)

Ethnic group
    Croatian

For some more specific conclusion we must use peer-reviewed sources, while for some approximate conclusion we can use and some private(portal) statistics.

Private statistics are not made according to the rules of the profession, that is, that there must be no relatives, a lot of people from one area, etc. If some DNA research is being done for the population of some country or an area, each part of the country must be evenly represented.

Ethnic group
    Croatian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Otherwise in recent time there is also and artificial lifting of individual haplotypes and through peer-reviewed sources, so we have to think about that too.

An example is the genetics of the Serbian population and last paper "Y chromosome genetic data defined by 23 short tandem repeats in a Serbian population on the Balkan Peninsula" where one of the authors is a man who is not a geneticist. He is Jovica Krtinić from Serbian private portal "Poreklo" (Milutin Bojić Library, Belgrade, Serbia and Society of Serbian Genealogists).

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...lkan_Peninsula

And anomalies in scientific paper are immediately seen. Information from paper, page 2.

We divided the analysed population on the basis of place of origin (not the current settlement, but theplace of birth/settlement of father and grandfather). Our examined population then consisted of: 108 (37.64%) male originating from Serbia (Vojvodina, Central Serbia, Kosovo and Metohia); 121 males originating from two geographical parts of B&H: 30 (9.90%) from Bosnia (West, Central and East Bosnia) and 91 (30.03%) from Herzegovina (Ljubinje, Trebinje, Nevesinje, Gacko, Stolac, Bileca); 43 (14.52%) males originating from Montenegro (Old Herzegovina, Podgorica, Andrijevica, Berane, Kolasin, Bijelo Polje); and 31 (10.23%)males originating from Croatia (Dalmacia, Lika, Kordun,Banija, Slavonia
    So from the area of Herzegovina where about 30 thousand people live we have 91 person while from Serbia and place where 7 million people live we have 108 persons. It is an artificial raising of the I2a haplotype and a reduction of the E1b haplotype, which is strong among Bosnian Serbs(less in the area of Herzegovina where I2a is strongest) and which probably has mostly to do with the territory of Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, southern Serbia and is not related to the original Slavs.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    For some more specific conclusion we must use peer-reviewed sources, while for some approximate conclusion we can use and some private(portal) statistics.

Private statistics are not made according to the rules of the profession, that is, that there must be no relatives, a lot of people from one area, etc. If some DNA research is being done for the population of some country or an area, each part of the country must be evenly represented.
    I don't accept projects where no E-V13 member is high admin of. It's simple as that.

Ethnic group
    Croatian

I don't accept projects where no E-V13 member is high admin of. It's simple as that.
    Like I said, it’s better to use peer-reviewed sources because we are still in the balkans but that balkan is visible and in peer-reviewed source which I have exposed, so in the future we have to be very careful with DNA balkan "chemistry".

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

Either you have no idea how this works or you pretend so, there is room to do it in so many ways. The points raised by you are not valid, they don't encompass everything, they can target and test specific people ignoring the rest or the median. It takes couple of bias to change percentage. It's not dramatic or General Admiral Aladdin-like.
    No one's pretending anything. Get that chip off your shoulder.

It's obvious you're just upset that your own haplogroup percentage is not as high in the project as it is in these studies. You basically elucidated that in your post, complaining about why it's not as high as the study.

I don't see how 50-100 low resolution study samples could be a stand in for accurate statistical breakdown of haplogroup resolution compared to well over a thousand samples and growing that have a minimum resolution higher than the average study.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

2 members found this post helpful.
    In otherwords you just admitted your gripe with the project data has nothing to do with actual evidence but instead because "my haplogroup doesn't have representation among high level administration".

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    Literally none of the samples I have sponsored for the project have been relatives or duplicates. Would be an obvious waste of money.

I target a whole spread with tests I have sponsored, and only test one representative of a family and even avoid duplicates of surnames to avoid over inflating one result over another.
    As far as I know this is pretty much followed throughout.

Again though, sponsors in private projects are going out of their own pockets and have a right to direct testing where they see fit.

Hawk just obviously made himself clear that it has nothing to do with actual data and everything to do with: 1. Why his haplogroup percentage is lower in the project than in studies, and ,

2. He doesn't accept any project that doesn't have a high level administrator who is E-V13.

Using this childish chain of thought, maybe Albanian projects need an admin for I2a-Din and R1a-M417?

Why not every other haplogroup while we're at it?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

In otherwords you just admitted your gripe with the project data has nothing to do with actual evidence but instead because "my haplogroup doesn't have representation among high level administration".
    Nope, it's for the sake of balance.

Albanian DNA Project was originally and initially created by an E-V13 member. Any Albanian DNA Project not having an admin who belongs to the most frequent Y-DNA in the population is unnaceptable.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Literally none of the samples I have sponsored for the project have been relatives or duplicates. Would be an obvious waste of money.
    I target a whole spread with tests I have sponsored, and only test one representative of a family and even avoid duplicates of surnames to avoid over inflating one result over another.
    As far as I know this is pretty much followed throughout.
    Again though, sponsors in private projects are going out of their own pockets and have a right to direct testing where they see fit.
    Hawk just obviously made himself clear that it has nothing to do with actual data and everything to do with: 1. Why his haplogroup percentage is lower in the project than in studies, and ,
    2. He doesn't accept any project that doesn't have a high level administrator who is E-V13.
    Using this childish chain of thought, maybe Albanian projects need an admin for I2a-Din and R1a-M417?
    Why not every other haplogroup while we're at it?
    I made myself clear on obvious discrepancy and tendencies on reducing E-V13 on the favor of R1b-Z2103 and J2b2-L283. This is obvious reading the data. And it becomes obvious when the head of the project are non E-V13 right now.

I clearly stated that peer reviewed scientific papers, or at least academics should be in charge in such fields. But you obviously want to cherry-pick words for the sake of your agenda.

Isn't it you who complained about the other project constantly? I don't complain, i just point fingers on irregularities.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

Nope, it's for the sake of balance.

Albanian DNA Project was originally and initially created by an E-V13 member. Albanian DNA Project not having an admin who belongs to the most frequent Y-DNA in the population is unnaceptable.
    And who's fault is that?

That admin in the old project is Unikkatil. He's a rapper. He obviously let others conduct operations in the project. He was never active to begin with.

Should admins change their Y-Chromosome to please you now?

It's hysterical you can't see that this is obviously just a personal gripe of yours and has nothing to with project efforts and data.

I recall you among other former members in forum-alb and the old Foleja trash talking R1a Albanians and anyone else who wasn't the big 3.

Why should anyone take you seriously?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

And who's fault is that?
    That admin in the old project is Unikkatil. He's a rapper. He obviously let others conduct operations in the project. He was never active to begin with.
    Should admins change their Y-Chromosome to please you now?
    It's hysterical you can't see that this is obviously just a personal gripe of yours and has nothing to with project efforts and data.
    I recall you among other former members in forum-alb and the old Foleja trash talking R1a Albanians and anyone else who wasn't the big 3.
    Why should anyone take you seriously?
    Unikkatil is not the person, kuqezi was.

And i was never part of forum-alb or Foleja. Never even visited them lol.

You are obviously trying to lie in order to disregard my objective criticism.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

I made myself clear on obvious discrepancy and tendencies on reducing E-V13 on the favor of R1b-Z2103 and J2b2-L283. This is obvious reading the data. And it becomes obvious when the head of the project are non E-V13 right now.
    I clearly stated that peer reviewed scientific papers, or at least academics should be in charge in such fields. But you obviously want to cherry-pick words for the sake of your agenda.
    Isn't it you who complained about the other project constantly? I don't complain, i just point fingers on irregularities.
    What agenda do I have? I am R1a genius. My haplogroup percentage isn't making a difference in either direction. Lol.

I mean the results on Rrenjet are public. No one is stopping you from doing the math yourself.
    Again, you're saying E-V13 percentage is being manipulated. Where is your proof?

Ever consider that 1000+ samples compared to 100 from a small study will produce different percentages?

Complained? No, I called out Lek from the old project for being a tongue twisted liar as he made things personal in our disagreements and tried lying about saying he paid for kits which I PAID for personally.

Part of my complaints were also the projects complete disregard for clowns like Fustan who were playing dungeons and dragons with your holy haplogroups and insulting members who were not the Big 3 haplogroups.

So I stopped contributing a dime to that old project simply because a man child was admin and they didn't care what filth the rest were spewing against other Albanians. Even contributors.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

Unikkatil is not the person, kuqezi was.

And i was never part of forum-alb or Foleja. Never even visited them lol.

You are obviously trying to lie in order to disregard my objective criticism.
    Yea I'm lying. Lol. I guess it was another guy with the username Hawk who was E-V13. Lol

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Yea I'm lying. Lol. I guess it was another guy with the username Hawk who was E-V13. Lol
    Obviously you are lying, i never participated in those forums, and i was never in any fight against other Y-DNA, not my type of personality.

You are just pissed off because of my criticism and now you just want to make stuffs in the air.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

Obviously you are lying, i never participated in those forums, and i was never in any fight against other Y-DNA, not my type of personality.

You are just pissed off because of my criticism and now you just want to make stuffs in the air.
    Nope not lying. Sadly forum-al removed the whole dna section of the forum. Otherwise I would link you. This was back in 2017/2018. Same username, E-V13 and same soccer player avatar you had from Anthrogenica before you or I were banned. Unless someone was posing as you.

Either way. I have no agenda. Not sure it's possible with my haplogroup. You obviously do though. And no, I'm asking for proof if your criticism in the manipulation of E-V13 in the project. I could believe it for Gjenetika, I don't believe Rrenjet would do that though.

Again, those statistics are publicly available. You can do the math yourself. And show us while you're at it.

Either way, it's really childish to disregard the efforts of everyone contributing simply because you won't accept results from a project that doesn't have a "high level" E-V13 admin. Sounds silly, really.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Nope not lying. Sadly forum-al removed the whole dna section of the forum. Otherwise I would link you. This was back in 2017/2018. Same username, E-V13 and same soccer player avatar you had from Anthrogenica before you or I were banned. Unless someone was posing as you.
    Either way. I have no agenda. Not sure it's possible with my haplogroup. You obviously do though. And no, I'm asking for proof if your criticism in the manipulation of E-V13 in the project. I could believe it for Gjenetika, I don't believe Rrenjet would do that though.
    Again, those statistics are publicly available. You can do the math yourself. And show us while you're at it.
    Either way, it's really childish to disregard the efforts of everyone contributing simply because you won't accept results from a project that doesn't have a "high level" E-V13 admin. Sounds silly, really.
    You are just making stuff out of the air and selectively lying, so be specific, forum-al, it was a reply to a Gollobrdasi, and i never insulted any Y-DNA, i just pointed some facts. And yes, R1a in the Balkans mirror Slavic migration, facts are facts. The others were far more antagonistic toward him. And i never ever visited or was a member of foleja and knew the members you mentioned before.

And here is, doing you a favor instead: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=de

So, i will be brutally honest with you, no. I don't accept those results and point. Especially knowing that you are part of it. It should be a fair and open project, and it should have a committee, and within that committee having E-V13 members is a must. To this point, everyone will agree.

Otherwise, you can have them, we live in a modern and free world, but you cannot pass them as ultimate truth and canonical reference.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group

You are just making stuff out of the air and selectively lying, so be specific, forum-al, it was a reply to a Gollobrdasi, and i never insulted any Y-DNA, i just pointed some facts. And yes, R1a in the Balkans mirror Slavic migration, facts are facts. The others were far more antagonistic toward him. And i never ever visited or was a member of foleja and knew the members you mentioned before.
    So, i will be brutally honest with you, no. I don't accept those results and point. Especially knowing that you are part of it. It should be a fair and open project, and it should have a committee, and within that committee having E-V13 members is a must. To this point, everyone will agree. Balancing is the key for everything.
    I'm not lying. And thank you for proving my point that you are lying. A post ago you said you have never been a member of/on that forum. Now you admit you were. Lol. How convenient. Others were going hard at him. And so were you. You kept calling him a Bulgarian. Telling him what his identity is as if he doesn't know his own self. You're a hypocrite.

I know where R1a comes from wise guy. Seems like you still can't wrap your head around I-Y3120 also being connected to Slavic migrations.

Apparently some early migration Slavs were found with E-V13 as well. Let that marinate my "Paleo-Balkan" brother.

Im not an admin so I can care less if you avoid any project that has anything to do with me. As If I have any decision making in the project. I literally sponsor kits I'm interested in testing. And that's it.

Everyone has an agenda and so do you.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

I'm not lying. And thank you for proving my point that you are lying. A post ago you said you have never been a member of/on that forum. Now you admit you were. Lol. How convenient. Others were going hard at him. And so were you. You kept calling him a Bulgarian. Telling him what his identity is as if he doesn't know his own self. You're a hypocrite.
    I know where R1a comes from wise guy. Seems like you still can't wrap your head around I-Y3120 also being connected to Slavic migrations.
    Apparently some early migration Slavs were found with E-V13 as well. Let that marinate my "Paleo-Balkan" brother.
    Im not an admin so I can care less if you avoid any project that has anything to do with me. As If I have any decision making in the project. I literally sponsor kits I'm interested in testing. And that's it.
    Everyone has an agenda and so do you.
    You are like a broken record, again and again.

Of course you are lying, you have personal issues. You said forum-alb/foleja as if they were related forums not specifically forum-al.com which discussion was extremely short and was a reaction to his provocations, and you sneakily tried to portray me as participating in some other feuds which i didn't and don't give a damn lol.

As for that guy, he is Bulgarian descended for sure, Gorani/Golobrdasi are known for being so in the general population.

Who are you to sponsor kits you are interested in and putting it into the general population statistics?

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast