Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,301 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

  1. #1301
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    933

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy Overlord View Post
    I have come to understand the potential bias and political incentives behind much of the haplogroup and genetic arguing that goes on in these types of forums. This of course happens very commonly between Balkan nations like Serbia and Albania for obvious political reasons.

    However, I don't understand what is going on here with Albanians having distrust between their haplogroups?

    Can someone explain why Hawk thinks other Albanians would be biased and trying to over inflate non E-V13 haplogroups?

    What would the incentive be? Or am I misunderstanding the argument entirely?
    He made his reasons pretty clear, actually. Even if they are unfounded.

    He assumes project percentages are being manipulated since most peer review studies list E-V13 in Albanians at "35+%". Completely neglecting things like sampling bias, sampling size, where samples are collected etc. Even with this conspiracy, E-V13 is still the number one percentage-wise in both projects.

    The most asinine reason He doesn't trust either Albanian DNA project, in his own words; "There is no high level E-V13 admin". Whether that's because he assumes there need be a high level shot caller since "most Albanians are E-V13", or because he is one of these people obsessed with their own haplogroup that he thinks people are so infantile to be able to comprehend facts because they don't share his haplogroup. Somehow there's a big conspiracy since most project admins are J2b or R1b.

    He claims there should be a committee of these main 3, yet can care less whether other Albanians and their haplogroups get representation.

    Personally, I don't think it matters what an admins haplogroup is. All they need be is honest, transparent and competent in what they're doing.

  2. #1302
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    He made his reasons pretty clear, actually. Even if they are unfounded.
    He assumes project percentages are being manipulated since most peer review studies list E-V13 in Albanians at "35+%". Completely neglecting things like sampling bias, sampling size, where samples are collected etc. Even with this conspiracy, E-V13 is still the number one percentage-wise in both projects.
    The most asinine reason He doesn't trust either Albanian DNA project, in his own words; "There is no high level E-V13 admin". Whether that's because he assumes there need be a high level shot caller since "most Albanians are E-V13", or because he is one of these people obsessed with their own haplogroup that he thinks people are so infantile to be able to comprehend facts because they don't share his haplogroup. Somehow there's a big conspiracy since most project admins are J2b or R1b.
    He claims there should be a committee of these main 3, yet can care less whether other Albanians and their haplogroups get representation.
    Personally, I don't think it matters what an admins haplogroup is. All they need be is honest, transparent and competent in what they're doing.
    How much did you pay Gjergj to put your Y-DNA subclade in the blog post?

    https://rrenjet.com/r-l1029/

    All i can see from you is strawman only.

  3. #1303
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    933

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    How much did you pay Gjergj to put your Y-DNA subclade in the blog post?
    https://rrenjet.com/r-l1029/
    All i can see from you is strawman only.
    There's articles on all the haplogroups in Albanians. Not just your precious E-V13. You pathetic rat. So stop being a princess. Qeni bir qeni.

    Try looking up the actual definition of strawman before throwing words around to sound smart. Mentally deficient moron.

  4. #1304
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    There's articles on all the haplogroups in Albanians. Not just your precious E-V13. You pathetic rat. So stop being a princess. Qeni bir qeni.
    Try looking up the actual definition of strawman before throwing words around to sound smart. Mentally deficient moron.

  5. #1305
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    933

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Nice picture of yourself. Clown.

  6. #1306
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    08-12-20
    Posts
    11


    Country: Afghanistan



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Simple explanation: they didn't pay for the upload.

    This happened with a couple other Albanians in L1029. They were added to the tree. They didn't pay, so they were removed. With exception of 1 that I paid for to keep on the tree. Their result is still publicly available in the project for those not on the tree.

    On your other point, you failed to come to any resolution when I called you for his lies. You also didnt popular correcting him when he was he was saying he paid kits I PAID FOR, in an attempt to take kits back from Rrenjet you deemed "yours". And you knew full well.

    I already made myself clear why all trust was lost lost tour project. Only a moron would have continued donating to the project when it's administration belittle its contributing members and allow people who openly lie to get away with such nonsense.

    And it was brought to your attention numerous times about this admins antics. And you couldn't care less.
    What are you blabbering about you inconsistent moron?

    Kits I mentioned I have YSEQ records for, where I donated directly to the Albanian Bloodlines group or the Bytyci group there. We kept an Excel sheet for all the contributions too, for everyone, which other admins have access and can confirm as well if there is a need.

  7. #1307
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    08-12-20
    Posts
    11


    Country: Afghanistan



    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Nope, it's for the sake of balance.

    Albanian DNA Project was originally and initially created by an E-V13 member. Any Albanian DNA Project not having an admin who belongs to the most frequent Y-DNA in the population is unnaceptable.
    Two of the admins there actually belong to your cluster, Trim and Kuqezi (yes, he is still an active admin).

    So, you have nothing to complain about as you're well represented lol

  8. #1308
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    933

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133361
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by broder View Post
    What are you blabbering about you inconsistent moron?
    Kits I mentioned I have YSEQ records for, where I donated directly to the Albanian Bloodlines group or the Bytyci group there. We kept an Excel sheet for all the contributions too, for everyone, which other admins have access and can confirm as well if there is a need.
    You're a moron yourself, and a liar. Before the thread was wiped in anthro(and you banned), a couple specific kit numbers you listed in your list of kits you claimed to have funded personally were ones that I paid for.

    Trojet even admitted it to me in a personal message that a couple of those kits you listed in your response to Gjergj were in fact a Okshtun sample, and a surname I paid to test from Mirdita(don't want to put their name here). The ones I specifically requested and donated to the project for., among another 8 that may have been spread out.

    As for your other listed kits I can't comment on as I have no knowledge/evidence for or against your financial contribution. I know what I paid for though.

  9. #1309
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    08-12-20
    Posts
    11


    Country: Afghanistan



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    You're a moron yourself, and a liar. Before the thread was wiped in anthro(and you banned), a couple specific kit numbers you listed in your list of kits you claimed to have funded personally were ones that I paid for.
    Trojet even admitted it to me in a personal message that a couple of those kits you listed in your response to Gjergj were in fact a Okshtun sample, and a surname I paid to test from Mirdita(don't want to put their name here). The ones I specifically requested and donated to the project for., among another 8 that may have been spread out.
    As for your other listed kits I can't comment on as I have no knowledge/evidence for or against your financial contribution. I know what I paid for though.
    When someone calls me a liar, I don't take it lightly. Kits I mentioned I could have mixed up perhaps one or two when we did that Dibra/Koplik round because Alban kept records, and he messed around with them. Here is a screenshot I took a while ago of all the kits from his document that we paid for on that round:
    https://imgur.com/youUalz

    Take for example kit 20399 that I paid for. He removed it from our project. What do you think is the best action for him to take in this case??? I have simply asked them to refund us for those kits that they removed or place them back where they belong.

  10. #1310
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    08-12-20
    Posts
    11


    Country: Afghanistan



    I only have six posts so can't seem to post images, but I just emailed it to you..

  11. #1311
    Regular Member Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-19
    Posts
    468

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Nice picture of yourself. Clown.
    O shka i biri shkines, why you keep barking like a vile dog?

  12. #1312
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,470

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I will close this thread for now.

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Similar Threads

  1. Haplogroups in Albanians
    By Dale Cooper in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-18, 10:51
  2. Albanians (OFFTOPIC Macedonians)
    By Besir Bajrami in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 04-09-14, 23:07
  3. Do they look albanians/montenegrins/bosnians etc.. ?
    By julia90 in forum Guess the Ethnicity
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23-09-13, 13:43
  4. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 09-06-13, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •