Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1374

Thread: Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

3 members found this post helpful.
    There are no differences between Albanians. Enough of this "my village is better than yours" garbage.

The older generations are shorter because they were poorer. Compare the two Koreas to see why.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    Dude, I live in Albania. Berat has literally the shortest people I’ve seen in Albania. Not among the shortest, THE SHORTEST.
    I have nothing against you or Berat, no need to get defensive.
    You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.

Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.
    Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)
    1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.

2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.

3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.
    2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.
    3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.
    Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle

Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle
    Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short
    You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

Create your own League and compete with Fieri, Lushnja, and Skrapari.

You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!

P.S.
    The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

Quote Originally Posted by Pashai Janinës View Post
    Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!
    P.S.
    The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:
    So you opened an Eupedia account to send me 1 tall guy from a specific region with the hope to change my mind?

And Berat is miles and miles away from Mallakastra, so I am soooo wrong. It is not the same area at all, you need interconnecting flights to get there.

I will take your word for it, Mallakastra might indeed have shorter people although most of the Mallakastra people I know are well above average. That might be because they’re from Mallakastra e Eger. I know only 1 family from Mallakastra e Bute and they’re indeed very short and swarthy too, whereas those from e Eger have quite a lot of hair hair and green eyes to my surprise.

Nevertheless, Berat remains the city/town with shortest people that I’ve ever visited although that entire area should be grouped together with Fieri, Lushnje, Mallakaster, as well as Skrapari since Skrapari people have historically moved to Berat a lot.

Fieri on the other hand has got a fair amount of Labs, Kosovars, Bosnians, and Cams so you get to see a lot more variety than just the usual Tosks.

And the fact that you concluded that I don’t live in Albania is quite idiotic. As if anybody has any reason to visit Ballshi and make assumptions on Mallakastra people. Next time ask me about people from Cerrik to prove your point of how I don’t live in Albania.

Nobody told you that you should visit Ballsh. Just don't talk about things that you have no idea because it's.....IDIOTIC. So simple.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashai Janinës View Post
    Nobody told you that you should visit Ballsh. Just don't talk about things that you have no idea because it's.....IDIOTIC. So simple.
    It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.

It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.

Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.
    It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.
    Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.
    Confirmed troll, Berat is an uber albanian area with less crappy islamic names than most gheg regions. Berat has a lot of blonde/blue eyed people like my grandad (my cousins, aunts/uncle etc). On average there are more blonde/blue eyes albanians in berat or korce than north albanian regions. Slanted eyes/mongoloid? You must have run into a jevg or recent immigrant (post communism). Or do you mean eyes for example like ivan perisic - he has weird shaped eyes too

A group of 50+ kosovo albanians were at a beach in durres few days ago and about 20% of them looked straight out of middle east - darker features than turks. Dont get me started on greek tourists, greek people vary from european looking all the way to near saudi arabian complexion and everything in between

Arbereshe were mostly from berat -

In the Middle Ages, Tomorrica was part of the domain of the Muzaka family, an Albanian noble family of Orthodox Christian faith originating from Opar which gave their name to the region of Myzeqe. According to the annals of Gjon Muzaka, Tomorrica in the 15th century consisted of 80 villages.[1] The Muzakas had in the region the "cellar" of their possessions, and also a gold mine.[1] At this time, Tomorrica lied along the Via Egnatia on which Venice carried its goods to Moscopole, Grevena and Thessaloniki.[1]

After the death of Skanderbeg, many families fled to either Greece or Italy and contributed to the emergence of Arvanite and Arbëreshë populations in those lands.[1] Within Calabria, Arbëreshë with the names Gjerba, Jerba, Barç, Zhupa, and Zhepa are held by Eqrem Cabej to have origins in Tomorrice.
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 02-06-22 at 21:22.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more

Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller

Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 02-06-22 at 19:55.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

6 members found this post helpful.
    Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more
    Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller
    Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510
    You deserve to be ignored forever. You’re the Albanian version of torzio.

No, i am not talking about laser eye. I was talking about a stereotype. And I want to add that I live in Fier, a city with a population composed from people from different different regions of Albania. Meanwhile you are talking about an hypothetical personal experience when you visited South Albania. Following your logic, you are an idiot. Not only, but you are also an uneducated person because again using your "laser eye" technique, you are unjustly offending a large part of Albanians. Shame on you!

And you can tell folktales like the quote below to the foreigners but not us Albanians. You are a retarded teenager. Shko fshi qurret dhe mos na ça hajdarin shumë, loqe.
    I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

TaktikatEMalet you did not just open 4 puppet accounts to like your own posts about the Slavic lineage I-Y3120 being ancient Albanian and that people from Berat are supposedly 6'3 tall people, didn't you?

Tall labs, that's a good one. If you want to see some real dwarfs, go to the highlands west of Tepelena. You can hold these people in your hands or piggy back them.

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

More people with mental issues.

How is it offensive to state that poverty and therefore malnutrition negatively affects height?

Never mind, I’m out of here. No point dealing with laluc Vlachs.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT19186
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1c

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Wrong thread

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    TaktikatEMalet you did not just open 4 puppet accounts to like your own posts about the Slavic lineage I-Y3120 being ancient Albanian and that people from Berat are supposedly 6'3 tall people, didn't you?
    I dont have time for that nonsense that you pull off, as you can see most of my posts dont have likes because people cant handle the truth. And no one said anything about 6 foot 3, most albanians are too poor to get that sort of average height

What is ancient albanian exactly? Arbereshe had 10%+ i2a. I2a people gave ancient albanians blue eyes/light hair and lowered frequency of darker features from j1/j2a/e-m123 that the romans brought through their legionaries and settling of jews. Do you prefer albanians to look european or middle eastern?

Also not all i2a in albania is s17250 (slavic), some of it is dinaric north
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 04-06-22 at 12:22.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

I dont have time for that nonsense that you pull off, as you can see most of my posts dont have likes because people cant handle the truth. And no one said anything about 6 foot 3, most albanians are too poor to get that sort of average height
    What is ancient albanian exactly? Arbereshe had 10%+ i2a. I2a people gave ancient albanians blue eyes/light hair and lowered frequency of darker features from j1/j2a/e-m123 that the romans brought through their legionaries and settling of jews. Do you prefer albanians to look european or middle eastern?
    Also not all i2a in albania is ph908 (slavic), some of it is dinaric north
    These are pseudo scientific terms your Slavic paternal line is I-Y3120 which migrated to the Balkans in the early medieval era. This is a Slavic lineage and has nothing to do with the ancient Balkans. Deal with it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    These are pseudo scientific terms your Slavic paternal line is I-Y3120 which migrated to the Balkans in the early medieval era. This is a Slavic lineage and has nothing to do with the ancient Balkans. Deal with it.
    There is no ancient balkans, that is a turkish word so its a new term post 1500s

We will have to wait and see with ancient dna, dinaric north has higher diversity in albania and greece than south slavic countries

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

There is no ancient balkans, that is a turkish word so its a new term post 1500s
    No way bro! What is a Turkish word doing in the Balkans? Who would have thought?!

Can you provide a reference for that? While you’re at that, please send me the links of all the books you read. I have some catching up to do.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

The word Balkan is of Turkish origin,
    they named Aemos mountain as Balkan, after a mountain Balkan Daglary in Turkmenistan,
    The previous name was in Greek Aemos, with possible Thracian Saemos.
    The wider mountain chain is all under the Istros (Danube) river and East of Dalmatian Alps, (Serbia Bulgaria Greece Severna Makedonia Turkey)
    the core mt is Aemos at Bulgaria.

Yet some believe due to Iranic language that term might be of Scythian origin,
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a-Z17855
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Serb

Is there anything new and interesting ?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

More people with mental issues.
    How is it offensive to state that poverty and therefore malnutrition negatively affects height?
    Never mind, I’m out of here. No point dealing with laluc Vlachs.
    I was the first to point out that communism affected our parents and grandparents height, nice try

Btw your y dna line is more common in vlachs/romanians than mine so technically you have more in common with them than I do

Banned

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

I was the first to point out that communism affected our parents and grandparents height, nice try
    Btw your y dna line is more common in vlachs/romanians than mine so technically you have more in common with them than I do
    Some Vlachs have my Y-DNA, whereas you have the Y-DNA of Slavs. What’s your point? You feel you’re better than me?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast