Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1374

Thread: Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

  1. #1326
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-12-21
    Posts
    674

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

    Country: United States



    3 members found this post helpful.
    There are no differences between Albanians. Enough of this "my village is better than yours" garbage.

    The older generations are shorter because they were poorer. Compare the two Koreas to see why.

  2. #1327
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    Dude, I live in Albania. Berat has literally the shortest people I’ve seen in Albania. Not among the shortest, THE SHORTEST.
    I have nothing against you or Berat, no need to get defensive.
    You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.

    Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)

  3. #1328
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.
    Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)
    1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.

    2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.

    3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.

  4. #1329
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.
    2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.
    3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.
    Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle

    Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short

  5. #1330
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle
    Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short
    You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

    All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

    So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

    Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

    You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

    Create your own League and compete with Fieri, Lushnja, and Skrapari.

  6. #1331
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-06-22
    Posts
    57


    Country: Albania



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

    All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

    So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

    Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

    You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

    Create your own League and compete with Fieri, Lushnja, and Skrapari.
    Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!

    P.S.
    The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:

  7. #1332
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Pashai Janinës View Post
    Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!
    P.S.
    The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:
    So you opened an Eupedia account to send me 1 tall guy from a specific region with the hope to change my mind?

    And Berat is miles and miles away from Mallakastra, so I am soooo wrong. It is not the same area at all, you need interconnecting flights to get there.

    I will take your word for it, Mallakastra might indeed have shorter people although most of the Mallakastra people I know are well above average. That might be because they’re from Mallakastra e Eger. I know only 1 family from Mallakastra e Bute and they’re indeed very short and swarthy too, whereas those from e Eger have quite a lot of hair hair and green eyes to my surprise.

    Nevertheless, Berat remains the city/town with shortest people that I’ve ever visited although that entire area should be grouped together with Fieri, Lushnje, Mallakaster, as well as Skrapari since Skrapari people have historically moved to Berat a lot.

    Fieri on the other hand has got a fair amount of Labs, Kosovars, Bosnians, and Cams so you get to see a lot more variety than just the usual Tosks.

    And the fact that you concluded that I don’t live in Albania is quite idiotic. As if anybody has any reason to visit Ballshi and make assumptions on Mallakastra people. Next time ask me about people from Cerrik to prove your point of how I don’t live in Albania.

  8. #1333
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-06-22
    Posts
    57


    Country: Albania



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Nobody told you that you should visit Ballsh. Just don't talk about things that you have no idea because it's.....IDIOTIC. So simple.

  9. #1334
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashai Janinës View Post
    Nobody told you that you should visit Ballsh. Just don't talk about things that you have no idea because it's.....IDIOTIC. So simple.
    It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.

    It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.

    Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.

  10. #1335
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.
    It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.
    Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.
    Confirmed troll, Berat is an uber albanian area with less crappy islamic names than most gheg regions. Berat has a lot of blonde/blue eyed people like my grandad (my cousins, aunts/uncle etc). On average there are more blonde/blue eyes albanians in berat or korce than north albanian regions. Slanted eyes/mongoloid? You must have run into a jevg or recent immigrant (post communism). Or do you mean eyes for example like ivan perisic - he has weird shaped eyes too

    A group of 50+ kosovo albanians were at a beach in durres few days ago and about 20% of them looked straight out of middle east - darker features than turks. Dont get me started on greek tourists, greek people vary from european looking all the way to near saudi arabian complexion and everything in between

    Arbereshe were mostly from berat -

    In the Middle Ages, Tomorrica was part of the domain of the Muzaka family, an Albanian noble family of Orthodox Christian faith originating from Opar which gave their name to the region of Myzeqe. According to the annals of Gjon Muzaka, Tomorrica in the 15th century consisted of 80 villages.[1] The Muzakas had in the region the "cellar" of their possessions, and also a gold mine.[1] At this time, Tomorrica lied along the Via Egnatia on which Venice carried its goods to Moscopole, Grevena and Thessaloniki.[1]

    After the death of Skanderbeg, many families fled to either Greece or Italy and contributed to the emergence of Arvanite and Arbëreshë populations in those lands.[1] Within Calabria, Arbëreshë with the names Gjerba, Jerba, Barç, Zhupa, and Zhepa are held by Eqrem Cabej to have origins in Tomorrice.
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 02-06-22 at 21:22.

  11. #1336
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.
    All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.
    So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?
    Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.
    You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.
    Create your own League and compete with Fieri, Lushnja, and Skrapari.
    Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more

    Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller

    Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 02-06-22 at 19:55.

  12. #1337
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    6 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more
    Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller
    Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510
    You deserve to be ignored forever. You’re the Albanian version of torzio.

  13. #1338
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-06-22
    Posts
    57


    Country: Albania



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.

    It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.

    Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.
    No, i am not talking about laser eye. I was talking about a stereotype. And I want to add that I live in Fier, a city with a population composed from people from different different regions of Albania. Meanwhile you are talking about an hypothetical personal experience when you visited South Albania. Following your logic, you are an idiot. Not only, but you are also an uneducated person because again using your "laser eye" technique, you are unjustly offending a large part of Albanians. Shame on you!

    And you can tell folktales like the quote below to the foreigners but not us Albanians. You are a retarded teenager. Shko fshi qurret dhe mos na ça hajdarin shumë, loqe.
    I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

  14. #1339
    Regular Member mount123's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-12-21
    Posts
    608

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

    Country: Kosovo



    1 members found this post helpful.
    TaktikatEMalet you did not just open 4 puppet accounts to like your own posts about the Slavic lineage I-Y3120 being ancient Albanian and that people from Berat are supposedly 6'3 tall people, didn't you?

  15. #1340
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-11-16
    Posts
    299


    Country: United States



    Tall labs, that's a good one. If you want to see some real dwarfs, go to the highlands west of Tepelena. You can hold these people in your hands or piggy back them.

  16. #1341
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    More people with mental issues.

    How is it offensive to state that poverty and therefore malnutrition negatively affects height?

    Never mind, I’m out of here. No point dealing with laluc Vlachs.

  17. #1342
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    22-11-20
    Posts
    299

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT19186
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1c

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: United States



    Wrong thread

  18. #1343
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    TaktikatEMalet you did not just open 4 puppet accounts to like your own posts about the Slavic lineage I-Y3120 being ancient Albanian and that people from Berat are supposedly 6'3 tall people, didn't you?
    I dont have time for that nonsense that you pull off, as you can see most of my posts dont have likes because people cant handle the truth. And no one said anything about 6 foot 3, most albanians are too poor to get that sort of average height

    What is ancient albanian exactly? Arbereshe had 10%+ i2a. I2a people gave ancient albanians blue eyes/light hair and lowered frequency of darker features from j1/j2a/e-m123 that the romans brought through their legionaries and settling of jews. Do you prefer albanians to look european or middle eastern?

    Also not all i2a in albania is s17250 (slavic), some of it is dinaric north
    Last edited by TaktikatEMalet; 04-06-22 at 12:22.

  19. #1344
    Regular Member mount123's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-12-21
    Posts
    608

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453

    Country: Kosovo



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    I dont have time for that nonsense that you pull off, as you can see most of my posts dont have likes because people cant handle the truth. And no one said anything about 6 foot 3, most albanians are too poor to get that sort of average height
    What is ancient albanian exactly? Arbereshe had 10%+ i2a. I2a people gave ancient albanians blue eyes/light hair and lowered frequency of darker features from j1/j2a/e-m123 that the romans brought through their legionaries and settling of jews. Do you prefer albanians to look european or middle eastern?
    Also not all i2a in albania is ph908 (slavic), some of it is dinaric north
    These are pseudo scientific terms your Slavic paternal line is I-Y3120 which migrated to the Balkans in the early medieval era. This is a Slavic lineage and has nothing to do with the ancient Balkans. Deal with it.

  20. #1345
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    These are pseudo scientific terms your Slavic paternal line is I-Y3120 which migrated to the Balkans in the early medieval era. This is a Slavic lineage and has nothing to do with the ancient Balkans. Deal with it.
    There is no ancient balkans, that is a turkish word so its a new term post 1500s

    We will have to wait and see with ancient dna, dinaric north has higher diversity in albania and greece than south slavic countries

  21. #1346
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    There is no ancient balkans, that is a turkish word so its a new term post 1500s
    No way bro! What is a Turkish word doing in the Balkans? Who would have thought?!

    Can you provide a reference for that? While you’re at that, please send me the links of all the books you read. I have some catching up to do.

  22. #1347
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,947

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    1 members found this post helpful.
    The word Balkan is of Turkish origin,
    they named Aemos mountain as Balkan, after a mountain Balkan Daglary in Turkmenistan,
    The previous name was in Greek Aemos, with possible Thracian Saemos.
    The wider mountain chain is all under the Istros (Danube) river and East of Dalmatian Alps, (Serbia Bulgaria Greece Severna Makedonia Turkey)
    the core mt is Aemos at Bulgaria.

    Yet some believe due to Iranic language that term might be of Scythian origin,
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

    When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

    Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

  23. #1348
    Regular Member Denis87's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-12-20
    Posts
    12

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a-Z17855
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Serb
    Country: Germany



    Is there anything new and interesting ?

  24. #1349
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-11-18
    Posts
    391

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    i2a WHG

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    More people with mental issues.
    How is it offensive to state that poverty and therefore malnutrition negatively affects height?
    Never mind, I’m out of here. No point dealing with laluc Vlachs.
    I was the first to point out that communism affected our parents and grandparents height, nice try

    Btw your y dna line is more common in vlachs/romanians than mine so technically you have more in common with them than I do

  25. #1350
    Banned
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    351

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z17107

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaktikatEMalet View Post
    I was the first to point out that communism affected our parents and grandparents height, nice try
    Btw your y dna line is more common in vlachs/romanians than mine so technically you have more in common with them than I do
    Some Vlachs have my Y-DNA, whereas you have the Y-DNA of Slavs. What’s your point? You feel you’re better than me?

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Haplogroups in Albanians
    By Dale Cooper in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-18, 10:51
  2. Albanians (OFFTOPIC Macedonians)
    By Besir Bajrami in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 04-09-14, 23:07
  3. Do they look albanians/montenegrins/bosnians etc.. ?
    By julia90 in forum Guess the Ethnicity
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 23-09-13, 13:43
  4. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 09-06-13, 11:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •