Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

No this is an error in the file they switched the STR names, all other samples also have 20-19 and that is impossible as the opposite are the values. So he must have 19-20 too. 390=24 and 460=10

Yes you are right, he is similar to our clade but he has this two differences on slow mutating DYS390 and DYS460. According to Nevski, its highest chance for J2-PH1648.
This is very highly speculative match, i would not consider this match too serious.

I don't know about Kosovo much nor do I care. I have nothing to do with Kosovo when it comes to ancestry.. I never read Urosevic.. If you have no close relatives among Serbs then you have different path.

All my closest matches are approximately 900 - 1000 years, me and Nebojsa would probably form TMRCA 1000 years inside of Y22063 but its Batocanin with his low novels bringing TMRCA down.
However some Serbs are saying that i am Serb because my closest relatives are Serbs and Urosevic said so. But no one is mentioning they are 1000 years away, from the time they were not Serbs themselves, even prior to none-Slavic Kriçi tribals.

I knew that i will not have relatives among Malesia Albanians because we are not Malesia arrivals but i knew i will not have Serbs as relatives which would confirm Urosevic..

Urosevic said we were Serbs 200 years ago.. Which is nonsense, we have memories at least 300 years, we know names of 7 generations and after that we know history by land distribution as long ago it was mostly in our possession being the oldest family in Zheger.

I am currently working on testing other Albanian families that were also recorded as older families, therefore Serbs but i might already have result of one such family from Zheger and they got R1b haplogroup and no Serb relatives but also no Albanian ones.

There are few M205 in S.Albania but they are different. In Aromanians from Andon Poci one such haplotype i na study, I guess some of your might be related to him..

Yes i know they are different subclade, i upgraded their sample with SNP test.
There is four clades at Albanians, which is fairly high diversity, but low percentage. With Albanian project, 23andMe and public studies i managed to come to about 10 Albanians with J2-M205 haplogroup.
There is our Tosk cluster where Cabej and Celo fall, they have other Tosk matches. Then there is our Gogo cluster, he matches Aromun from Andon Poci, but he also matches Sicilian guy and Greek, and no other Aromuns except that one from Albania with closest match at Albanian. Both our Gogo and Tosk clusters are CTS1969 negative and Gogo cluster is actually also PF7321 negative, Tosk cluster is remained to be seen. I am third cluster so far still alone, but with two possible Y22059 23andme Albanians, both none responsive.
And there is our fourth clade, from Bosch et al, Albanian from Tirana, M205 with DYS388 12 which is huge multistep difference. But we didnt manage to get any of these yet.

Therefore even tho in low percentages, Albanians show very high diversity of J2-M205, and from since spreading with Phoenicians thru Mediterranean Sea, it for sure had contact with Illyrians long ago.

That's more of an urban myth. Albanian alphabet has 36 letters that represent 36 phonemes, like 30 in Serbo-Croatian. But French with far less letters has alot more different sounds, not to speak of Danish in both of which I am also fluent.
But Albanian is comparatively harder than most European languages.

So you speak fluent Turkish, Danish, French, Serbo Croatian, English, and you know Albanian grammar, but you dont speak Avar language. I told you that you are Albanian :D

You came to t r o l l me because you thought I was some Serb who would be upset with Y-DNA result. Some of my "cousins" might be upset because they are Serbs but I am glad I am not of Slavic hg, unlike most Serbs of E-V13 I like my haplogroup, and precisely because I am "Serb" and not Serb I am interested in it. And when it comes to my super brainpower, I was thinking what in terms of my ancestry might distinguish me from your sea of averageness. Obviously its not so likely to be the Slavic or Paleo-Balkanic.. It is not only that but very different principles..

I would never trøll you, and besides its not that you have haplogroup H1, E-v13 have plenty of Serbs especially Croatian/Bosnian Serbs and Montenegrins. But also South Serbs which are known for being Albanian like population.
I read Poreklo long ago, i remember few Serbs were saying they dont want E-v13 because it associates you with Albanians while i remember few said they would want it because they want to be nephes of Vaso..

I thought to myself this guy understands STRs SNPs, he is worthy one, unlike many of idiots trying to interpret something when not understanding basics like reading Yfull tree.

Btw you and Bachus are dead wrong.. I tracked down the ancestor of my Hungarian cousin. The documentary ancestor of that family was first mentioned in Mezősas in 1628. What I found is that among those who received the Coat of Arms from Prince of Transylvania there were in addition to him undeniably no less than 8 other people from Cumania (only counting surnames peculiar to Cumania), and for most ethnic Cuman origin can be argued, which was very weird as few years before that none of them were there and in 1628. they are more than 50 % there.. Why? 4 years earlier the same Prince answered the request of Cumans from there and he confirmed their privileges that dated from 1539. Why in Mezősas? Because same group served Bocskai in 1605. during his uprising for a short time during his revolt precisely in Mezősas. It is known they were there for a short time, but it makes sense they came back in 1628. because they had experience with the area.. My cousins surname was rare at that time but it does occur in the middle of Cumania in 1592., in fact as one person then had same name and was young at the time he could easily be the same person as the one in 1628.. Anyway the grandson of the guy from 1628 was one of the main guys in Cumania in 1702. after the Wiena War and his greatgrandson was present when the diploma from 1624. was brought up in 1717. because Cumans lost privileges in 1702 (they were returned in 1742). The family settled in the place where the tested is from only in 1768., but they were present before that in Cumania, and originally it seems they are from there (1592.) before the turbulent 17th century..
As this surname was not mentioned in 1571., 21 years before, and it was formed of fathers name, the only 2 suitable persons descended of certain Cuman families...:cool-v:

In the early 17th century Cuman was still spoken there but depopulation due to wars starting in 1595 had caused migrations. That is why even though the tested was from Karcag and his surname recorded there in 1592 I could not assume automatically they are connected because Karcag was depopulated in 1618. but soon after that in 1624. Cumans enrolled for the Prince of Transylvania, and this family was prominent in it, as they were when they came back to Cumania after the wars ended in late 17th century.

If you prove this genetically, i will have no other option then to believe you. But your South Serb and Hungarian and other Balkan nearby matches alone prove on the contrary that you probably split around Balkan with your brother clade where South albanians fall in. So 900 BC if i remember correctly.

And ofc, back to you once last time how do I know "this mutation" is important. Well for V13 accepted and established modal at dys385b is 18. Same goes for most Albanian BY4461, same for Swedish Z38456. Hungarian has 19 but other from Cluj has this modal 18.

Meanwhile of commercially tested and from the studies in the Balkans I know no less than 14 hapotypes of my cluster and absolutely every single one of them has 385b=17. That is clearly an innovation, a back mutation. Newer one obviously. If Hungarian is Cuman and he is 99% so are all Balkanites automatically (and generally they look similar to each other suggesting TMRCA of about 1000 ybp), but ofc I have some proof for us in the Balkans as well.. I make exception for the ones found in Pecenjevce (and their cousin in Sofia), they are Pecheneg.. Simultaneously as said Northern haplotypes being from N.Transylvania and being close geographically to other Hungarians of the E-Y81971 clade, being not far from Ukrainian who are other Z17107* (Z38456-), In Lavov there is likely anonymous haplotype of this other Russian Z38456- clade too.. It does clearly indicate where Z17107 comes from, you have 4 Z17107+, Z38456- in the Middle Carpathian region.. And my cluster came in Nomad invasions anywhere from around 1000-1240..

I can't prove we came from the East..yet.. (I might in the future depending on some results) but I can postulate and be correct as we have cousin in Cluj that somebody joined Pechenegs in 1068. there when they burned the fortress there and subsequently in 1092. when Cumans defeated the Pechenegs a bunch of these likely switched sides, those that didnt are found in Pecenjevce.

So I think I might be of high quality likely precisely because my ancestors arrived to Balkans with Cumans.. This Cuman quality unlike the Balkan averageness is something worthy to be worked on and revived.. After all look at the Dasht-i Kipchak and compare it to your countries.

You know that you thought that you will be Y30991 negative, but you turned out positive, you see that its not that secure to use these marker predictions, even tho i understand that there is chance, but it would be better to wait for confirmation.

So much for your "99 % of no connection" or whoever else's, it's more 99 % of certain connection.. For some of my relatives I might want to prove connection with this local family from Medieval, but like all Serbs who are not of Slavic/Germanic origin there is little interest. And that is understandable. After all once you remove the linguistic factor and the religious mumbo-jumbo that formed these modern nations what is there left?? Something else, and I do actually encourage people to act upon their Y-DNA results, and of lets say people of Slavic ancestry to incorporate elements of "naopagan" lore in their lives etc.

I agree with investigating Y-DNA and going with the traditions of it : )

Since when Serbs want Germanic connection? Isn't a Russian more preferable one? Serbs are really heterogeneous and there is chance for many haplogroups. But Albanians also have good spindle.
I am pretty happy with situation as it stands so far, i dont have neither Albanians and neither Serbs close, and i am kinda isolated : D

I wonder where are are my 200 - 1000 ybp relatives tho.

Serbs used to tell me we will find them soon, we will give free tests to Kosovo Serbs and there is South Serbia study going on, but that was years ago, i dont hear much of them lately after that :D

Yes you are right, he is similar to our clade but he has this two differences on slow mutating DYS390 and DYS460. According to Nevski, its highest chance for J2-PH1648.
This is very highly speculative match, i would not consider this match too serious.

Yes, I mean still those STR's are slower. At Serbian FTDNA project you see like 23 people with 67+ STR's and all bar one have DYS460=11, (one has 12), all have dys390=23. So those two combined seem like an enormous obstacle to this being member of your cluster. On the other hand yes he fits well in a clade under J2-PH1648/Z2453 which has dys460=10 + dys392=12 + dys390=24.. so as I said to Nebojsa back then this one is likely Z2453.

All my closest matches are approximately 900 - 1000 years, me and Nebojsa would probably form TMRCA 1000 years inside of Y22063 but its Batocanin with his low novels bringing TMRCA down.
However some Serbs are saying that i am Serb because my closest relatives are Serbs and Urosevic said so. But no one is mentioning they are 1000 years away, from the time they were not Serbs themselves, even prior to none-Slavic Kriçi tribals.

I knew that i will not have relatives among Malesia Albanians because we are not Malesia arrivals but i knew i will not have Serbs as relatives which would confirm Urosevic..

Urosevic said we were Serbs 200 years ago.. Which is nonsense, we have memories at least 300 years, we know names of 7 generations and after that we know history by land distribution as long ago it was mostly in our possession being the oldest family in Zheger.

I am currently working on testing other Albanian families that were also recorded as older families, therefore Serbs but i might already have result of one such family from Zheger and they got R1b haplogroup and no Serb relatives but also no Albanian ones.

Yes I think you are not close to any Serb main cluster of J-Y22059, and considering thus far those major ones have been profiled, Urosevic might have been wrong. And yes if you have some older evidence from Ottoman era, that comes as very good..

Yes i know they are different subclade, i upgraded their sample with SNP test.
There is four clades at Albanians, which is fairly high diversity, but low percentage. With Albanian project, 23andMe and public studies i managed to come to about 10 Albanians with J2-M205 haplogroup.
There is our Tosk cluster where Cabej and Celo fall, they have other Tosk matches. Then there is our Gogo cluster, he matches Aromun from Andon Poci, but he also matches Sicilian guy and Greek, and no other Aromuns except that one from Albania with closest match at Albanian. Both our Gogo and Tosk clusters are CTS1969 negative and Gogo cluster is actually also PF7321 negative, Tosk cluster is remained to be seen. I am third cluster so far still alone, but with two possible Y22059 23andme Albanians, both none responsive.
And there is our fourth clade, from Bosch et al, Albanian from Tirana, M205 with DYS388 12 which is huge multistep difference. But we didnt manage to get any of these yet.

Therefore even tho in low percentages, Albanians show very high diversity of J2-M205, and from since spreading with Phoenicians thru Mediterranean Sea, it for sure had contact with Illyrians long ago.

That is interesting, because among Serbs I believe other than Krici there was just one guy with a different haplotype. In a regional study of Croatia (1100 haplotypes) there are few M205's with 392=11. There are some Greek M205's at FTDNA but none have tested deeper clades, so nothing can be resolved without testing these older M205s, so it is good that you have began.. There is a Greek FTDNA 41153 and he has dys392=12.. So the home of Balkan M205 might be somewhere in the South, even Adriatic coast. I heard Nebojsa saying those Andon Poci had a Greek cousin from some study..

So you speak fluent Turkish, Danish, French, Serbo Croatian, English, and you know Albanian grammar, but you dont speak Avar language. I told you that you are Albanian

And German, Swedish... Well I heard Balkan peoples pick up languages good, albeit I heard some complaints in that regard when it comes to accent. Westerners aren't that good at learning Balkan languages, albeit they don't need to be.. Well ,in any case I am (albeit distantly) related to a whole lot of Albanians of E-BY4461..:)
About Avar, I know very little of Chuvash and Avar might have been Lir Turkic, or partially. I will get back to pick up more Albanian when I get time.. Albanian is a very unique language being only remaining Paleo-Balkan language alive (not counting Greek) and I do like Albanian when it comes to its traits..

I would never trøll you, and besides its not that you have haplogroup H1, E-v13 have plenty of Serbs especially Croatian/Bosnian Serbs and Montenegrins. But also South Serbs which are known for being Albanian like population.
I read Poreklo long ago, i remember few Serbs were saying they dont want E-v13 because it associates you with Albanians while i remember few said they would want it because they want to be nephes of Vaso..

I thought to myself this guy understands STRs SNPs, he is worthy one, unlike many of idiots trying to interpret something when not understanding basics like reading Yfull tree.

I went early into STRs because simply there weren't enough people deeper tested properly, and that is still the case.
I think V13 is generally less popular. Interesting to me was one Serb from Kosovo when I read apricity, and his "waiting for results", "maternal Y-DNA: I2 Din"... When I see people stating their maternal Y-DNA I know they are often insecure about Y-DNA.:LOL: I think he was supposed to be Bjelopavlic, not sure I guess he turned out that..

If you prove this genetically, i will have no other option then to believe you. But your South Serb and Hungarian and other Balkan nearby matches alone prove on the contrary that you probably split around Balkan with your brother clade where South albanians fall in. So 900 BC if i remember correctly.

Yes 900 BC, but these are things that happened 800-1000 years ago, some 2000 years after our separation.. What it looks to me currently is that Albanian BY4461 migrated in Early Iron Age from North of Danube into Balkans as part of some IE group..

As for my cousins, well this area of Hungary where I have a cousin is very understested and that will change and I expect to have more cousins too, possibly some closer ones..
Also I know for a fact Hungarians are far more interested in that than any Serb cousins of mine for many reasons..

You know that you thought that you will be Y30991 negative, but you turned out positive, you see that its not that secure to use these marker predictions, even tho i understand that there is chance, but it would be better to wait for confirmation.

I did not expect to be negative to Y30991, because it was assumed to be at the Z38456 level, to wchih I knew I was negative. And the problem is Y30991 was only isolated in 2017. So not present in FTDNA Pack, these Ukrainians, Americans are not tested to it. Even Russian who did BigY years ago had no info on Y30991, no info even on BY4425 (coverage wasn't as good then)..
Recently in a new Kalmykian study appeared a haplotype very similar to one American Z17107* (matching several important older off-modals for that clade), in an earlier study one haplotype looked similar to my own clade. Also various good candidates at FTDNA..
So more clades need to appear themselves at YFull for a better picture etc.

I agree with investigating Y-DNA and going with the traditions of it : )

Since when Serbs want Germanic connection? Isn't a Russian more preferable one? Serbs are really heterogeneous and there is chance for many haplogroups. But Albanians also have good spindle.
I am pretty happy with situation as it stands so far, i dont have neither Albanians and neither Serbs close, and i am kinda isolated : D

I guess for some "Northern" origin is good even if its Germanic, for the others or most (more pan-Slavic) a big no no.. You see on that topic, how more often tested people reacted to R1a results than some other results.. For me, you don't get more Germanophiliac than myself because of my pan-Germanic linguistic skills..

I wonder where are are my 200 - 1000 ybp relatives tho.

Serbs used to tell me we will find them soon, we will give free tests to Kosovo Serbs and there is South Serbia study going on, but that was years ago, i dont hear much of them lately after that

South Serbia that area is very poorly covered, some unpuslished study covered a number os samples, second problem is that many Serbs from Nish, Vranje area are going to have relatives across the border in Bulgaria and that makes them probably less willing to test..

I know almost 500 Kosovo Serbs were tested, if someone was a match with you I guess that would have been known..

Yes I think you are not close to any Serb main cluster of J-Y22059, and considering thus far those major ones have been profiled, Urosevic might have been wrong. And yes if you have some older evidence from Ottoman era, that comes as very good..

Its evident by my 385ab, 389II and 448. Well its not only about me, there is plenty of families written as that, we will have better picture when we get more results but i already have 3 surnames tested from my village that supposed to be Serbs and none of us got Slavic haplogroup and no Serbs as relatives which would confirm that. Also we are waiting one new test soon. When i get 4 surnames tested i will have very clear picture.

That is interesting, because among Serbs I believe other than Krici there was just one guy with a different haplotype. In a regional study of Croatia (1100 haplotypes) there are few M205's with 392=11. There are some Greek M205's at FTDNA but none have tested deeper clades, so nothing can be resolved without testing these older M205s, so it is good that you have began.. There is a Greek FTDNA 41153 and he has dys392=12.. So the home of Balkan M205 might be somewhere in the South, even Adriatic coast. I heard Nebojsa saying those Andon Poci had a Greek cousin from some study..

Deal with 392=12 is that its only identified in our 1000 years TMRCA group But clade is 5000 years old. Therefore there can be some sample that does not look similar to us STR wise or with 392=12 but still share some of our private SNPs.

We know a lot about our clade today, we are one of 3 brother clades separated 5000 ybp, where our clade Y22059 is tied to Adriatic coast primarily thru Montenegro TMRCA 1000 years which goes with predispositions for Krici tribe, one clade is Palestinian, and one is pretty large there is Kuwaitis , Greeks, Qatari, Turks, Sicilians, French's, Armenian, Jordanian, Mumbai and Israeli Jewish cluster, and few more.. Our second row of relatives are Qatar, Sardinia, England.

And German, Swedish... Well I heard Balkan peoples pick up languages good, albeit I heard some complaints in that regard when it comes to accent. Westerners aren't that good at learning Balkan languages, albeit they don't need to be.. Well ,in any case I am (albeit distantly) related to a whole lot of Albanians of E-BY4461..:)
About Avar, I know very little of Chuvash and Avar might have been Lir Turkic, or partially. I will get back to pick up more Albanian when I get time.. Albanian is a very unique language being only remaining Paleo-Balkan language alive (not counting Greek) and I do like Albanian when it comes to its traits..

I improved my Albanian a lot even tho i always knew it, now i can watch tv program from Albania and actually understand almost all whats said. But i always knew it since i was 5 years old i already knew Albanian and Croato Serbian because of kindergarten and ofc later school.

As for my cousins, well this area of Hungary where I have a cousin is very understested and that will change and I expect to have more cousins too, possibly some closer ones..
Also I know for a fact Hungarians are far more interested in that than any Serb cousins of mine for many reasons..

Hungary has lots West European, Balkan but also Slavic influence, i see they have both R1a and R1b and I2a1 and E-v13 in project.
I think your Hungary relatives will end up disappointed but we will see, i would not bet against Albanians in this case : )

South Serbia that area is very poorly covered, some unpuslished study covered a number os samples, second problem is that many Serbs from Nish, Vranje area are going to have relatives across the border in Bulgaria and that makes them probably less willing to test..

I know almost 500 Kosovo Serbs were tested, if someone was a match with you I guess that would have been known..

Im sure if they would find me a match that would be like major news on Poreklo : )

Perhaps after 500 free tests to Kosovo Serbs and South Serbia study they will give up ? How can i see results from these Kosovo Serbs and from this study, will they be published? Also how can i check STRs from Serbian project i want to know something about one R1b group and do they have one kind of haplotype?

Did you see Albanian project published first complete analysis of Albanian Y lines? http://www.gjenetika.com/perberja-gjenetike-e-shqiptareve-sipas-linjave-aterore-2019/
I have few minor critics but im busy with other stuff now.

Are you sure that your surname is etymologically Italian and not just Italian sounding or looking? There are Albanian surnames that look and sound Italian, doesn't mean that they are actually Italian surnames. Where in Albania are you from?

My surname is exactly the same as a town in Campania, according to forebears my surname is mostly in Italy, but also somewhat in North and South America (USA, Canada, Brazil, Argentina etc)

I found that weird so did some research:

"The wave of migration from southern Italy to the Americas in 1900–1910 and 1920–1940 depopulated approximately half of the Arbëreshë villages"

My dad's side (the surname and y dna I carry) were in Elbasan, my grandad was originally from Berat or his dad was. Either way it is probably a surname that was changed in Italy from it's original form a long time ago

But I don't like speaking too much about myself here without having done a y dna test

Im sure if they would find me a match that would be like major news on Poreklo : )
Sure, main goal of Serbian DNA Project with arround 5000 samples is finding a match to one Albanian. :LOL:

Btw, speaking about that, check on Poreklo thread about last ''World DNA day'', there is one Y22063 from southern Serbia with 385ab=16-19, 389II=27 and 576=16.

Sure, main goal of Serbian DNA Project with arround 5000 samples is finding a match to one Albanian. :LOL:

I never said that is their main goal, but as you know they are fanatically often trying to prove some of their weird theories.
Like Albanian clans being of Serb origin or Sanxhak Muslims being actually Muslim Serbs and plenty of similar propaganda.

I am probably the most mentioned Albanian member, and they mentioned my family plenty of times, and they mentioned my name and surname multiple times, even tho they were mentioning others also, but not that much : )
This special attention they are giving me is a bit annoying.

Btw, speaking about that, check on Poreklo thread about last ''World DNA day'', there is one Y22063 from southern Serbia with 385ab=16-19, 389II=27 and 576=16.

Well as being old Kosovo family there is no wonder that i will probably get few serbicized matches, i see that he is from Prokupje. Dont forget that it was Albanian Vilayet only 100 years ago and South Serbia population is very Albanian like as in most part their assimilation is recent.

Sjenica - Nis - Shkup triangle was very Albanian populated only 100 years ago, and many of them today saying they are Serbs are actually recent asimilants.

Even Serbs agree that M205 Serbs were all assimilated in last 500 years, so i dont see what are we talking about here.

Looking at some recent data what do people think about there being a strong link for these 3:

J2b L283
R1b Z2103
R1b Pf7562

Did all 3 come to the balkans together to form illyrians or a distinct illyrian tribe? There is also R1b L51 but this is difficult to assess without ancient dna since it is strong in North Italy. Can someone explain L51 to me?

Looking at some recent data what do people think about there being a strong link for these 3:

J2b L283
R1b Z2103
R1b Pf7562

Did all 3 come to the balkans together to form illyrians or a distinct illyrian tribe? There is also R1b L51 but this is difficult to assess without ancient dna since it is strong in North Italy. Can someone explain L51 to me?

Not all Z2103, you might make a case for Z2705. Its upstream sister branches have nothing to do with the Illyrians and are Thracian.

Albanian PF7563 stems from the proto-Luwian Ezero culture, they were likely pushed to Albanian areas by the Glina III culture (R-Y5587, E-BY3880..), I wouldn't exclude assimilation either. R-Z29758's separated from East Balkan clades 4600 ybp, around that time Ezero culture ended. Upstream Albanian PF7563's, Z29758- have recent East Balkan origin (Ezero descendants who stayed there).

It is hard to say what really formed Illyrians. None of those haplogroups have anything to do with the Urnfield wave which according to some views was also important in the formation of Illyrians. Urnfielders would have been R-L2 and some younger E-V13 clades..

It looks like it's universally agreed upon that Illyrians were Urnfield people, it really coincides with their appearance in the Balkans. I think there were various Indo-European peoples in the Balkans, the picture is way more complex than it appeared initially.

Not all Z2103, you might make a case for Z2705. Its upstream sister branches have nothing to do with the Illyrians and are Thracian.
Albanian PF7563 stems from the proto-Luwian Ezero culture, they were likely pushed to Albanian areas by the Glina III culture (R-Y5587, E-BY3880..), I wouldn't exclude assimilation either. R-Z29758's separated from East Balkan clades 4600 ybp, around that time Ezero culture ended. Upstream Albanian PF7563's, Z29758- have recent East Balkan origin (Ezero descendants who stayed there).
It is hard to say what really formed Illyrians. None of those haplogroups have anything to do with the Urnfield wave which according to some views was also important in the formation of Illyrians. Urnfielders would have been R-L2 and some younger E-V13 clades..

Interesting theories, I wish we had more Dna from late BC - early AD to figure things out. According to Greek history illyrians were around since 6th century BC so probably even before this and weapons have been found from that period. Does this not predate the urnfield culture by a few centuries?

Most albanian Z2103 is z2105. So according to recent views v13 came from central/north Europe, does that make it proto German? Where does i1 come into this? Could it explain why there is a fair amount of i1 m253 accompanying heavy v13 areas in balkans?

What is the history of germanic i1 vs v13

A lot of linguistic and cultural research support it to be Illyrian, somewhere north of the Jireck line in West / Central Balkans. There have been made some strong arguments against Thracian/Dacian origin by several historians. Albanian language does not match Thracian

The strongest evidence, however, comes not from the meaning of the proper names (which is always open to doubt) but from their structure. Most Illyrian names are composed of a single unit; many Thracian ones are made of two units joined together. Several Thracian place-names end in -para, for example, which is thought to mean 'ford', or -diza, which is thought to mean fortress. Thus in the territory of the Bessi, a well known Thracian tribe, we have the town of Bessapara, 'ford of the Besi' . The structure here is the same as in many European languages:
thus the 'town of peter' can be called Peterborough, Petrograd, Petersburg, Pierreville, and so on. But the crucial fact is that this structure is impossible in Albanian, which can only say Qytet i Pjetrit, not Pjeterqytet. If 'para' were the Albanian for 'ford, then the place-name would have to be 'Para e Besseve' ; this might be reduced in time to something like 'Parabessa' , but it could never become 'Bessapara'. And what is at stake here is not some superficial feature of the language, which might easily change over time, but a profound structural principle. This is one of the strongest available arguments to show that Albanian cannot have developed out of Thracian.

What's up with this thread and pseudo history ? Albanians claiming that south Serbia was Albanian 100 years ago, that Serbs with E haplogroup are Albanians, one narcissist claiming he is of superior origin than underdeveloped Balkan people ?

Just 200 years ago Kosovo was 2/3 Serb majority and south Serbia always was, great ethnic cleansing of Serbs from Kosovo and Metohija began after first Serbo-Turkish war, in around 50 years Serbs went from being 2/3 of population to 1/3. As for south Serbia Albanians have been invading Serb villages, forcing Serbs out, killing, pillaging but south Serbia was freed already in 1878 and most of those bandits were kicked out, they went the same way they came, and also claiming Serbs from south Serbia have relatives in Bulgaria is random nonsense, bulgarisation didn't occur in south Serbia despite propaganda, and there are plenty of written records, material findings, family lore, and genetics about people in south Serbia to come to logical conclusion that Serbs are Serbs and Bulgarians are Bulgarians. As for haplogroups you can't just look at groups that emerged 10 000-40 000 years ago you have to look at the subclades, Serbs from Prizren area have just like Albanians E haplogroup, but they have been separated for over 5000 years and considering there were almost no Albanians in Kosovo 700 years ago, and that good part of central Albania and northern Albania was Slavic (Serbs, Macedonians, Muslim Slavs) that is not that surprising.
As for Slavs and Illyrians and other peoples in ancient times, they have also been mixed if we go by thus far tested ancient tribes and peoples, for Thracian and Illyrian haplogroup only confirmed examples so far, if I'm not mistaken, is G2 example found in Dalmatia and one or more in Bulgaria. In 10-20 years we will probably have more evidence from ancient remains and we will knock our selves out who had ancestors in what ancient tribe. For me personally I was hopping to get something rare and interesting like Eskimo haplogroup, but statistics were not on my side.

J2b L283
R1b Z2103
R1b Pf7562

If you read the article on wiki wiki/Haplogroup_R-M269, you can see that its pretty old and diverse with different origins even in Europe. Balkan like east Europe is a crossroad everyone came trough, its impossible to tell without getting more specific about younger mutations and even then it might be impossible, what makes you think that Illyrians were same or even related to each other, tribe wise ? If my memory serves me well I read a lot of books about Illyrians, Kelts and Albanians in highschool, there was a theory that Illyrians came around the Alps trough north Italy into the Balkan peninsula 2400 BC, but that is not confirmed its a theory. R1b has been in Europe for over 8 000 years so it it might have been among the founders of Illyrian, Italic, Etruscan etc tribes R1b is very common in Italy. So it might have come from Italy to Balkan with Romans or other way around, or it might be much older which is more likely, people have been moving around for a long time. Here is one article speculating a little based on the age of the haplogroup indo-european eu/2018/08/on-the-origin-of-haplogroup-r1b-l51-in-late-repin-early-yamna-settlers/

If you read the article on wiki wiki/Haplogroup_R-M269, you can see that its pretty old and diverse with different origins even in Europe. Balkan like east Europe is a crossroad everyone came trough, its impossible to tell without getting more specific about younger mutations and even then it might be impossible, what makes you think that Illyrians were same or even related to each other, tribe wise ? If my memory serves me well I read a lot of books about Illyrians, Kelts and Albanians in highschool, there was a theory that Illyrians came around the Alps trough north Italy into the Balkan peninsula 2400 BC, but that is not confirmed its a theory. R1b has been in Europe for over 8 000 years so it it might have been among the founders of Illyrian, Italic, Etruscan etc tribes R1b is very common in Italy. So it might have come from Italy to Balkan with Romans or other way around, or it might be much older which is more likely, people have been moving around for a long time. Here is one article speculating a little based on the age of the haplogroup indo-european eu/2018/08/on-the-origin-of-haplogroup-r1b-l51-in-late-repin-early-yamna-settlers/

Majority of R1b in balkans is quite different to Western Europe, L51 is quite rare in most regions of balkans

I never said that is their main goal, but as you know they are fanatically often trying to prove some of their weird theories.
Like Albanian clans being of Serb origin or Sanxhak Muslims being actually Muslim Serbs and plenty of similar propaganda.

I am probably the most mentioned Albanian member, and they mentioned my family plenty of times, and they mentioned my name and surname multiple times, even tho they were mentioning others also, but not that much : )
This special attention they are giving me is a bit annoying.

Well as being old Kosovo family there is no wonder that i will probably get few serbicized matches, i see that he is from Prokupje. Dont forget that it was Albanian Vilayet only 100 years ago and South Serbia population is very Albanian like as in most part their assimilation is recent.

Sjenica - Nis - Shkup triangle was very Albanian populated only 100 years ago, and many of them today saying they are Serbs are actually recent asimilants.

Even Serbs agree that M205 Serbs were all assimilated in last 500 years, so i dont see what are we talking about here.

Hey man, you seem to know a lot in regards to subclades:
What definitive proofs do we have of albanians being descendants of the illyrians from a genetic perspective?

Why couldn't the dacian theory be true? We have many similarities with vlachs/romanians.

What do you think about I2b and R1a present among albanians?
I don't like the easy liquidation of these 2 haplos as just "mahhhh slavic".

I think there is morea that this.

Arbreshës got significant I2b amounts, albanians have 15% and 10% R1a, I don't believe 25% of albos are slav.

+ what about albanians scoring mostly south italian autosomally? When did we connect with greeks?
They have J2a wich we don't have, we should have far different results, yet we score high on greek.

Just little suggestion, very speculative:
Why couldn't albanians originally be dacians and have R1a and I2b
Just wondering and speculating with my little knowledge of genetics.

Hey guys, what do you think about this?

It's the genetic makeup of a supposedly dacian man, who lived in hungary in the 8th century, that when tested, scored closest to kosovo albanians and tosk albanians.

His haplogroup is R1a.

https://ibb.co/KDKPP4J

Hey guys, what do you think about this?

It's the genetic makeup of a supposedly dacian man, who lived in hungary in the 8th century, that when tested, scored closest to kosovo albanians and tosk albanians.

His haplogroup is R1a.

https://ibb.co/KDKPP4J

Distances over 5 are considered relatively far. Sample/burial is also classified as Avar and the R1a is Z93(not generally common in the Balkan R1a variety). Probably a low quality sample. Though I do know a few Albanian women with that mtDNA.

What definitive proofs do we have of albanians being descendants of the illyrians from a genetic perspective?
Why couldn't the dacian theory be true? We have many similarities with vlachs/romanians.
Arbreshës got significant I2b amounts, albanians have 15% and 10% R1a, I don't believe 25% of albos are slav.
+ what about albanians scoring mostly south italian autosomally? When did we connect with greeks?
They have J2a wich we don't have, we should have far different results, yet we score high on greek.

R1a/I2a is not diverse/dominant among Albanians. The greatest diversity can be found in Central/Central-East Europe. Most clades in Albanians only have founder effects/bottlenecks that date from late antiquity to early medieval with tribes north of the Danube. There is also no Dacian graves. The closest of which(Thracian) bore R1a-Z93 - unrelated to modern Z93 clades(Bronze Age) and E-V13(Iron Age). Bronze Age sites in Serbia(Mokra) had J2b-L283 and R1b. Bronze Age Dalmatian sample was also J2b-L283.

The only ancient DNA for most Balkan derived R1a/I2a can be sought further North. I am sure some became part of cultures but saying Proto-Albanians were possibly originally R1a/I2a and Dacian is a big stretch. No evidence to support either.

Last edited:

Very Good observations! Yes you have no genetic knowledge. As such is better for you to shut up!

The hell you on about, albanians have ~10% (8% P37 & 2% Z280) Slavic y dna at the most not 25%, actually it's less than that because North albanians have about 6-7% Slavic y dna and they have had most tests so their results are less skewed

Romanians have a lot more Slavic y dna than albanians, South albanians have some greek ancestry (~5%)

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 696909 times.

Back