Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

deleted as per request.

Last edited:
It is not true that Albanians are short Mediterranean people
We have to distinguish between northern Albanian and southern Albanian or if you prefer gheg and tosk
While I don't have precise data regarding the height of southern and northern Albanian within Albania i could find the average height of Kosovara and Albanians
Kosovo average height ≈ 180
Albania average height ≈ 176,5
Even accounting for the slav population in Kosovo there is still a substantial difference in height between Albanians form Kosovo and Albania and Albanians form Kosovo are taller than Albanians form albania despite having less slav DNA

It is not true that Albanians are short Mediterranean people
We have to distinguish between northern Albanian and southern Albanian or if you prefer gheg and tosk
While I don't have precise data regarding the height of southern and northern Albanian within Albania i could find the average height of Kosovara and Albanians
Kosovo average height ≈ 180
Albania average height ≈ 176,5
Even accounting for the slav population in Kosovo there is still a substantial difference in height between Albanians form Kosovo and Albania and Albanians form Kosovo are taller than Albanians form albania despite having less slav DNA
This is nonsense, albanians were shorter during communist era but not so much anymore, height seems to be more related to nutrition than genetics. Anyway, visit berat or fier and you'll see some tall albanians

Also kosovar albanians have more slavic dna than north albanians but thats to be expected

Berat has literally the shortest Albanians I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Fier isn’t that different but better due to the addition of non-local populations such as Labs, Chams, Kosovars, and people from Novi Pazar.

Berat has literally the shortest Albanians I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Fier isn’t that different but better due to the addition of non-local populations such as Labs, Chams, Kosovars, and people from Novi Pazar.

Youre making things up again, youve obviously never been to any of these places.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldrit_Oshafi
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneo_Bitri
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashnor_Dume
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunild_Pepa
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rudin-nako/profil/spieler/215757

Last edited:
Dude, I live in Albania. Berat has literally the shortest people I’ve seen in Albania. Not among the shortest, THE SHORTEST.

I have nothing against you or Berat, no need to get defensive.

There are no differences between Albanians. Enough of this "my village is better than yours" garbage.

The older generations are shorter because they were poorer. Compare the two Koreas to see why.

Dude, I live in Albania. Berat has literally the shortest people I’ve seen in Albania. Not among the shortest, THE SHORTEST.
I have nothing against you or Berat, no need to get defensive.
You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.

Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)

You must have visited 30 years ago or something after communism broke down and everyone was super poor. Visit now and see that the people are taller than your family.
Ive been visiting durres, berat and elbasan (and obviously tirane) recently and berat had the tallest people of the 3 on average (wont include tirane since its a capital city with people from everywhere)
1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.

2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.

3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.

1. This is obviously a joke. We got it, you’re from Berat, the city of the shortest people in the Albania, Balkans, and possibly Europe.
2. 30 years ago I wasn’t even born.
3. They can’t be taller than my family because I’m a Catholic North-Western Albanian from the highlands. My family alone has a higher average than Montenegro and Herzegovina, because unlike most of our compatriots we’re well raised and well fed.
Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle

Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short

Yeah keep trolling and staying in your home, youve obviously never visited berat. Since you care about religion you should visit berat as it has several of the oldest churches in albania from byzantine era, one is right next to Muzaka castle
Start visiting places in albania like i have and youll see that people from berat are taller than most other regions. Though like i said height will vary based on how well fed people are, most poor people will be short
You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

Create your own League and compete with Fieri, Lushnja, and Skrapari.

You like to use the word ‘trolling’ and ‘troll’ a lot but everyone can see that you’re the definition of it.

All I said was super simple, idiot-proof, factual, and straight to the point. I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

So where do you see trolling? Or because you got offended about the average height?

Tosks have statistically and historically been the shortest in Europe. On top of it Berat and Myzeqe are even shorter than the average Tosk, not to mention how Labs are way taller to the point of being compared to Ghegs, many times taller than Ghegs too.

You can try to compete with Korca but even them have some pretty tall mountainous areas as well as I2a-Din so you’ll most probably lose there too.

Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!

P.S.
The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:

Not true! And i doubt that you live in Albania. Stereotypically, the region with shortest population in South Albania is considered Mallakastra. But of course among them there are some short people like Kastriot Islami but there are some who are tall like Blendi Klosi. In North Albania those from Dibra are shorter compared to the rest of Northern Albania. I don't understand this your obsession with Berat but you are totally wrong!
P.S.
The guy in the video below is a lal, a myzeqar from Myzeqe region. His name was Aleksandër Kondo, a legend:
So you opened an Eupedia account to send me 1 tall guy from a specific region with the hope to change my mind?

And Berat is miles and miles away from Mallakastra, so I am soooo wrong. It is not the same area at all, you need interconnecting flights to get there.

I will take your word for it, Mallakastra might indeed have shorter people although most of the Mallakastra people I know are well above average. That might be because they’re from Mallakastra e Eger. I know only 1 family from Mallakastra e Bute and they’re indeed very short and swarthy too, whereas those from e Eger have quite a lot of hair hair and green eyes to my surprise.

Nevertheless, Berat remains the city/town with shortest people that I’ve ever visited although that entire area should be grouped together with Fieri, Lushnje, Mallakaster, as well as Skrapari since Skrapari people have historically moved to Berat a lot.

Fieri on the other hand has got a fair amount of Labs, Kosovars, Bosnians, and Cams so you get to see a lot more variety than just the usual Tosks.

And the fact that you concluded that I don’t live in Albania is quite idiotic. As if anybody has any reason to visit Ballshi and make assumptions on Mallakastra people. Next time ask me about people from Cerrik to prove your point of how I don’t live in Albania.

Nobody told you that you should visit Ballsh. Just don't talk about things that you have no idea because it's.....IDIOTIC. So simple.
It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.

It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.

Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.

It’s idiotic to believe that your laser eyes can determine that Berat, which is few kilometers away from Ballsh, is 0.7cm taller where everyone in that region is more or less the same.
It’s the same stock of people that brings down the average height of Tepelena and Vlora, especially lowlands. Otherwise Labs are quite tall.
Plus, is that area even 50% Albanian? It’s full of Vlachs, Slavic DNA, Mongoloid slanted eyes, and Anatolian complexion, you name it.
Confirmed troll, Berat is an uber albanian area with less crappy islamic names than most gheg regions. Berat has a lot of blonde/blue eyed people like my grandad (my cousins, aunts/uncle etc). On average there are more blonde/blue eyes albanians in berat or korce than north albanian regions. Slanted eyes/mongoloid? You must have run into a jevg or recent immigrant (post communism). Or do you mean eyes for example like ivan perisic - he has weird shaped eyes too

A group of 50+ kosovo albanians were at a beach in durres few days ago and about 20% of them looked straight out of middle east - darker features than turks. Dont get me started on greek tourists, greek people vary from european looking all the way to near saudi arabian complexion and everything in between

Arbereshe were mostly from berat -

In the Middle Ages, Tomorrica was part of the domain of the Muzaka family, an Albanian noble family of Orthodox Christian faith originating from Opar which gave their name to the region of Myzeqe. According to the annals of Gjon Muzaka, Tomorrica in the 15th century consisted of 80 villages.[1] The Muzakas had in the region the "cellar" of their possessions, and also a gold mine.[1] At this time, Tomorrica lied along the Via Egnatia on which Venice carried its goods to Moscopole, Grevena and Thessaloniki.[1]

After the death of Skanderbeg, many families fled to either Greece or Italy and contributed to the emergence of Arvanite and Arbëreshë populations in those lands.[1] Within Calabria, Arbëreshë with the names Gjerba, Jerba, Barç, Zhupa, and Zhepa are held by Eqrem Cabej to have origins in Tomorrice.

Last edited:
Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more

Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller

Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510

Last edited:
Albania is the latest country in europe to have long lasting communism which affected our parents heights therefore made them shorter than other people in europe. As for tosks being "short", its mostly the parents and grandparents - tosks were more in favour of communism than ghegs so they took it more seriously. Could be that ghegs didnt play by the same rules and fed their kids more
Anyway, like i said height will vary across albania but there is no way berat is shortest on average. Ive visited durres + elbasan recently and berat men were taller
Where is your proof that labs are tall? Also it is the only region in albania that a small group of anatolians settled during ottoman era according to the memoirs of Gjon Muzaka from 1510
You deserve to be ignored forever. You’re the Albanian version of torzio.

No, i am not talking about laser eye. I was talking about a stereotype. And I want to add that I live in Fier, a city with a population composed from people from different different regions of Albania. Meanwhile you are talking about an hypothetical personal experience when you visited South Albania. Following your logic, you are an idiot. Not only, but you are also an uneducated person because again using your "laser eye" technique, you are unjustly offending a large part of Albanians. Shame on you!

And you can tell folktales like the quote below to the foreigners but not us Albanians. You are a retarded teenager. Shko fshi qurret dhe mos na ça hajdarin shumë, loqe.
I said I’m less than 30 years old, I said that I’m (even statistically) from a small region with very tall people (some of the tallest in Europe or the entire world), and that taking into consideration only my family (which is doing very well since the fall of communism) than the numbers will be even more skewed than my already very tall region, because nutrition hasn’t affected us negatively like many others.

TaktikatEMalet you did not just open 4 puppet accounts to like your own posts about the Slavic lineage I-Y3120 being ancient Albanian and that people from Berat are supposedly 6'3 tall people, didn't you? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

This thread has been viewed 693929 times.

Back