Who were and are the Albanians and their DNA

Hi. Does anybody know what is a 2 Part Albanian and 1 part Macedonian.
I’m asking because of 2 + 1 dots from 23andme with 29.8% Balkan.
I’m trying to find out if it is old Illyrian, recent, or a combination. I’m from Puglia, closest place to Albania in Italy, and many of us score around that percentage on 23andme V5.
Any idea?
(Trollers stay away, Capisci ?)

Yes it complitely makes sense, probably it is because of messapic, an illyrian tribe who colonized exactly puglia long time ago, so this maes complitely sense for people fron puglia, nice that you cane here posting your data, really appriciate it, it even helps us prooving our illyrian roots, thx.

He is from Macedonia, Northern Greece. He like to be consider an real and original Macedonian. But in my humble opinion, after reading many of his posts, he is descendant of the people who arrived from Asia Minor and settled in the region after the exchange of population between Greece and Turkey.

500000 muslim greeks for 1.5 million christian turks if I remember correctly, right?

Yes it complitely makes sense, probably it is because of messapic, an illyrian tribe who colonized exactly puglia long time ago, so this maes complitely sense for people fron puglia, nice that you cane here posting your data, really appriciate it, it even helps us prooving our illyrian roots, thx.

Thank you for answering. I appreciate your response. :)

Thank you for answering. I appreciate your response. :)
If you have any other friend that has these results let them know that they can post their results here.

+Laberia
Mendon se top channel iep informacione te vertetueshme apo esht vetem kanal per nostalgjiket te kalueres shqipater, si puna ime, qe zhdo gje qe mendohet te jet ilire si te till e prezantoin?

+Laberia
Mendon se top channel iep informacione te vertetueshme apo esht vetem kanal per nostalgjiket te kalueres shqipater, si puna ime, qe zhdo gje qe mendohet te jet ilire si te till e prezantoin?

Now in english cause otherwise yetos cryes:
+Laberia
Do you think the content of top channel is some how reliable?

I will say 1400-1500 Arberesh migration..

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I will say 1400-1500 Arberesh migration..

Even, it is quite possible even that, i think his test should fate about how many years ago are his current genes, like if they were exactly the same even 1500 years ago, almost 900 years before the arbreshe migration this would mean tgat he was in italy before, so it is messpic, cause he said he is just 30% albanian not entirely, this probably due to messapic/italic exchange.

Uh and blevins, what do you think about the origin of E haplogroup? I personally doubt it could originate in africa, it probably originated some where else and then splitted in several groups, one of these gave origin to the V13 subclade founded among albanians, aother the maghrebi one, and the others other stuff.

Then we weren't in the balkans before 1000 B.C., thinking avout E-V13 it dates back to 20000 B.C. but as we know illyrians came in the balkans 19000 years later the birth of V13, if we proove illyrians to even have had E-V13 and R1b-L23 too we could automatically unproove E-V13 having 20k years in the balkans and proove just that it had origin in 20000 B.C. in the european sub continent.

Then we weren't in the balkans before 1000 B.C., thinking avout E-V13 it dates back to 20000 B.C. but as we know illyrians came in the balkans 19000 years later the birth of V13, if we proove illyrians to even have had E-V13 and R1b-L23 too we could automatically unproove E-V13 having 20k years in the balkans and proove just that it had origin in 20000 B.C. in the european sub continent.

IMG_1818.JPG, this might be a scenario.

Now in english cause otherwise yetos cryes:
+Laberia
Do you think the content of top channel is some how reliable?

Top Channel and Klan TV are two biggest TV channels in Albania.

But definely we albanians are not mediterranean by origin, same for italians/celts/iberians, while greeks ( except from R1a ) were mediterranean.
Today we would all look pontic if we were here, but in general we are dinarids with quite light snowy skins mostly in the north, due to lack of racial inbreeding,we can even say that among pure albanians from kosovo, it is not so uncommon to see blond haired and sometimes in rare cases even red hairs.

But definely we albanians are not mediterranean by origin, same for italians/celts/iberians, while greeks ( except from R1a ) were mediterranean.
Today we would all look pontic if we were here, but in general we are dinarids with quite light snowy skins mostly in the north, due to lack of racial inbreeding,we can even say that among pure albanians from kosovo, it is not so uncommon to see blond haired and sometimes in rare cases even red hairs.

I suggest you to read some papers on these topics.... There a thread for newbies and some must read materials take a stop there before you post again.

I suggest you to read some papers on these topics.... There a thread for newbies and some must read materials take a stop there before you post again.

Ok, thank you.

Hi. Does anybody know what is a 2 Part Albanian and 1 part Macedonian.
I’m asking because of 2 + 1 dots from 23andme with 29.8% Balkan.
I’m trying to find out if it is old Illyrian, recent, or a combination. I’m from Puglia, closest place to Albania in Italy, and many of us score around that percentage on 23andme V5.
Any idea?
(Trollers stay away, Capisci ?)
I don't know what exactly they mean by that Macedonian part, but my guess is that 2 part Albanian should be caused by earlier migrations from the other side of the Adriatic (like the Illyrians, Messapians, etc.) with additional Arbereshe admixture while the 1 part Macedonian could probably show a slight Slavic admixture. For example a Macedonian could be 80% Albania/local + 20% Slavic. If that's the case, then its a recent arrival that could have been brought by Arbereshe or Slavs like Croatians (since some settled in South Italy) together and it wouldn't be strange that a Croatian+Albanian can show up as a Montenegrin or Albanian.

Or that Macedonian could possibly be part Albanian, part Slavic, part Greek since there is Greek presence in Puglia. Too many guesses but that's all I could think.

This thread has been viewed 699062 times.

Back