What's your favourite Romance Language?

What's your favourite Romance Language?

• Total voters
All romance languages are noble heirs of vulgar latin.

In general, I like the sound of most if not all romance languages, and Latin itself. That said, it is hard for me to pick just one language or to go even further, one dialect, that pleases my auditory sense. Therefore, I will say that Ligurian, Lengadocian Occitan, Vivao-Aupenc Occitan, Venetian, Mirandese, and Sardinian are my favorite.

Me gusta el espa?ol pues siendo (creo que no hay duda) un lenguaje indoeuropeo, los sonidos se corresponden con las letras del alfabeto, es curioso.

Me he equivocado ya que el Espa?ol es mi lengua materna, bueno entonces voto por el Italiano.

My favorite romance language that I like the most is, French because even when you don't understand what they are saying it just sounds romantic once you talk to them. The language I find more useful for me has to be, Italian because it is a language that is easier for me to understand than others.

French. I feel other Romance languages have too many unnecessary syllables per word.

Romanian and Italian. Because they're more similar to my mother tounge and I think they sound better than Spanish and French. And French sounds more interesting than Spanish.

Probably because the languages d'oil was standardized very soon not allowing a strong dialectalisation in future times, meanwhile, in Occitan as it never enjoyed legal recognisment nor teaching it did, now a days there is people who still would argue occtian is not a language, that proveçal is one and aquitan another one... also, occitan engulfed territory where basque(pre-indoeuropean) was spoken causing already a division in the language..∫

Just to be clear, i Know italian is ( or it has been at least) a very fragmented language where Northerners couldnt understand Southerns until the radio was introduced and standard italian was created... but! im a bit puzzled, there is people who fiercely holds is Sicilian or Napolitan really are totally separate languages from those in the north. I know catalan, spanish and french but not italian, so i dont have really my own opinion :/ are they just simply strong dialects?

Italian. It sounds the best to me and I love it. I also think Romanian is rather pretty. Was never a fan of Spanish for reasons I struggle to put into words, but I don't hate it; French always sounded to me like they never closed their mouth to me.

I like Italian and some dialects, especially Venetian ( my mothertongue is Spanish).

Occitanian, the language of the troubadours

Utilizzando Tapatalk

It is too much for me to say "favourite" but if I have to picked someone,
then it will be castillian. I always liked the sounding of spanish, idk why.
Other languages, similar to italian and french are too weired. And as I
like many things about France and Italy, then one thing always was too
weired for me - the sounding of languages. Spanish is quite different.

Maybe I'm mistaken being a Romanian speaker, but it seems to me that the Romanian language sounds more like Portuguese.

In the absolute, American Castillian/Spanish. It is the more widespread one. And, if we drew a cluster of all the Romance languages, Castillian would be in the middle, as it is the one having empirical/practical affinities with all the others.

But otherwise, if I had to relocate in an official trilingue commune in the Grisons, I would opt for the Romansh without hesitation, or in a trilingue commune of the Southern-Tyrol, I would choose Ladin. They are more respectful of the particularities, they share the same substrata with the other Alpine languages, and when in danger of extinction, have fought for their survival or even thriving.

This thread has been viewed 62855 times.

Back