Traditional music Italian Folk/traditional Songs (also in dialects) and Dances

Nanna Nanna
... te la Mamma
(Lullaby - Puglia)

Laura Boccadamo is one of my favorite pizzica dancers.

I didn’t post her name in the beauty ideal thread ‘coz I’m 99.9% sure that is her :)

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/37802-What-is-your-beauty-ideal?p=565686&viewfull=1#post565686

If you mean post number 11, I don't think that's her. I think that's Antonietta Fragasso. They look a lot alike, though. I just looked up Miss Puglia 22

This is Boccadamo. All of this stuff is subjective, but to me she's beautiful in a more "exotic", sexual way. Maybe it's something in the look in her eyes. She looks elemental, as if she could indeed be partaking of some sacred rite.

qQHxfCdU.jpg

Csj9dEhW8AQWOkc.jpg

This is another video of her dancing. She's the one all in red who winds up in the middle. To me she's far and away the best dancer.

The Calabresi are often neglected here, including by me. :)

Here is a very nice Calabrian tarantella. Different people dance as the video goes on. The first, older man is very spry, and not shy at all. :)

Alas, not only is my husband tone deaf, but although he likes to dance he's not the world's best dancer, and that's after he took dance lessons to please me. Those genes just got lost somehow in the shuffle. It's one of the nicest things he's ever done for me, and I do love it that we're not one of the couples sitting out all the songs. Bless him for that.

All girl Tarantella band with one playing a lyre. I thought the accordionist was my husband's cousin for a second. She's a singer and performer, but a guitar, not an accordion. :)

All girl Tarantella band with one playing a lyre. I thought the accordionist was my husband's cousin for a second. She's a singer and performer, but a guitar, not an accordion. :)

Tarantella:
​Calabrese VS Pugliese :)
in honor of:
Hellenic Roman / Calabria (670 AD) - CL25 :unsure: :grin:

Serenata alla Calabria
:cool-v:

The Traditional Italian Festivity of Belo Horizonte takes place in June of each year and is considered the largest street party held outside of Italy in the world, the event is a reference to the commemorations of the Day of the Italian Republic.

Traditional in Belo Horizonte, the annual festival, sponsored by the Italian-Brazilian Culture Association of MG (Acibra-MG), with the support of the Italian Chamber of Commerce of MG, the Italian Consulate in Belo Horizonte, and other local institutions, , music, dance and gastronomy in one place, aiming to keep the Italian culture and traditions alive and seeking the cultural integration between miners (those born in the State of Minas Gerais), Italians and their descendants.

In 2017 the party had the participation of 50,000 people.

The party starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 8:00 PM. The main streets and avenues of the center-south of the city are closed for the celebrations. Last year the party happened on the 1st of July.

To follow, one of the moments of the party: The presentation of local groups dancing to tarantella.

Other video: Party of 2018:

Last edited:
The Traditional Italian Festivity of Belo Horizonte takes place in June of each year and is considered the largest street party held outside of Italy in the world, the event is a reference to the commemorations of the Day of the Italian Republic.

Traditional in Belo Horizonte, the annual festival, sponsored by the Italian-Brazilian Culture Association of MG (Acibra-MG), with the support of the Italian Chamber of Commerce of MG, the Italian Consulate in Belo Horizonte, and other local institutions, , music, dance and gastronomy in one place, aiming to keep the Italian culture and traditions alive and seeking the cultural integration between miners (those born in the State of Minas Gerais), Italians and their descendants.

In 2017 the party had the participation of 50,000 people.

The party starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 8:00 PM. The main streets and avenues of the center-south of the city are closed for the celebrations. Last year the party happened on the 1st of July.

To follow, one of the moments of the party: The presentation of local groups dancing to tarantella.

How very nice, Duarte, and it's particularly nice that they included dances from all over Italy, including all the versions of the quadriglia. My favorite northern Italian dance is the Furlana or "Friulana", which was adopted all over Europe, even in places like Corfu. So beautiful. It reminds of of the Austrian Laendler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7H4Ri9_JqY

They did it better in "The Sound of Music", though, one of my favorite films ever still.

Tarantella:
​Calabrese VS Pugliese :)
in honor of:
Hellenic Roman / Calabria (670 AD) - CL25 :unsure: :grin:

Serenata alla Calabria
:cool-v:

Calabrian singer Adela La Face singing a very nice song: Malandrinu ( a villain, but in this case not a criminal, but a sexual villain, a "player", as she said.)

Hope you don't mind: the lyrics

So beautiful and so very tragic.

Albano e Romina + Michele Placido - Pizzicati
in Leccese (Puglia)

Albano e Romina + Michele Placido - Pizzicati
in Leccese (Puglia)

Placido was so excellent in La Piovra. Last year I rewatched the whole series. It still stands up.

Placido was so excellent in La Piovra. Last year I rewatched the whole series. It still stands up.

... fuci Mamma fuci Tata ...
(Fuci = Run)
Bitten ..., Michele Placido ... :)

... fuci Mamma fuci Tata ...
(Fuci = Run)
Bitten ..., Michele Placido ... :)

Oh dear. Michele, keep your shirt on and your dignity intact. :) When old men act this way there's too much cringe factor to bear. Probably drunk. That's why I hate alcohol.

I know: I sound like such a stiff. :) Can't help it. That's just how I am. Not as bad as my mother, though. Even I thought she was too much. On special dinners out, my Dad would have a vodka martini before dinner and then wine with the meal. If he ordered a second bottle the "death stare" came out. Add after dinner liqueurs? He knew he was in the doghouse for a good long while. :)

This thread has been viewed 179523 times.

Back