Haplogroup T

In all of Central Asia though, it is to be noted that the Tajiks, in particular, must have the highest T frequencies, as they look the part the most; the Uzbeks and Kyrgyz have a more asiatic character and Uzbekistan follows along those same lines as well, whereas the Tajiks are an Iranian type lineage.

Also found in about 11% of Azeris and 15.4% in another Turkish city, but also in 10-15% of certain Mongols, Chinese and Kazakhs particular sub tribes such as uyghurs or Tuvans or turans, who inhabited the eastern fringe of Central Asia (not only Tajikistan/Turkmenistan but as far as Kazakhstan and tiny fractions of china and Mongolia, the turans (turanids?) are ultimately of iranic origin. T is also found rarely and sporadically across India in Dravidian or Bengali populations.

Are azerbajani and azeri the same people?....they might be now, but in the past I doubt it.
The medes had a major inpact for the area.
What about the circassians?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medes

lots of T belong to these ( 14% )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

also, this has a part
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_Empire

and bronze-age for the area in question:
The Kaska (Turkish: Kaşkalar, Georgian: ქაშქები, Kashkebi) (also Kaška, later Tabalian Kasku)[1] were a loosely-affiliated Bronze Age non-Indo-European tribal people, who spoke the unclassified Kaskian language and lived in mountainous Pontic Anatolia, known from Hittite sources.[2] They lived in the mountainous region between the core Hittite region in eastern Anatolia and the Black Sea, and are cited as the reason that the later Hittite empire never extended northward to that area.

True Zoroastrianism is deeply rooted in Persia and can be linked to hg T, I wish someone would expand on the hg in a more descriptive and interesting way though lol.

The only areas where my subclade L446 appears in Europe and middle-east ( required was 67 or more markers tested)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Total number = 7

Weird distribution right there

It's funny, cause according to the genographic project 2.0, haplogroup T's trail starts in east-central Africa and travels across the straight of Hormuz into Yemen on the southern Arabian peninsula. It continues doing this until reaching extreme northern saudi arabia. At this point, two branches separate. One branch moves from extreme north-central Arabian peninsula towards south-central Iraq in the Tigris valley region. The other branch spreads From northern Saudi Arabia,across the Sinai, and into Egypt. Somehow from here, high levels of hg T would arrive either from Egypt to the Horn of Africa (Somalia,Ethiopia), or from the Arabian peninsula showing Neolithic gene flow from the Middle East back to Africa. The correct answer is probably BOTH.

Same parameters as above but for main L131 line ( T1a2)

It's funny, cause according to the genographic project 2.0, haplogroup T's trail starts in east-central Africa and travels across the straight of Hormuz into Yemen on the southern Arabian peninsula. It continues doing this until reaching extreme northern saudi arabia. At this point, two branches separate. One branch moves from extreme north-central Arabian peninsula towards south-central Iraq in the Tigris valley region. The other branch spreads From northern Saudi Arabia,across the Sinai, and into Egypt. Somehow from here, high levels of hg T would arrive either from Egypt to the Horn of Africa (Somalia,Ethiopia), or from the Arabian peninsula showing Neolithic gene flow from the Middle East back to Africa. The correct answer is probably BOTH.

Then that company has blundered as the african T marker is the youngest of the other ones, middle-east, Europe and Asia

Haplogroup T-M184 is not associated with the R1, G and J lineages that entered Africa from Eurasia relatively recently. Luis et al. (2004) suggest that the presence of the clade on the African continent may, like R1* representatives, point to an older introduction from Asia. The Levant rather than the Arabian Peninsula appears to have been the main route of entry, as the Egyptian and Turkish haplotypes are considerably older in age (13,700 ybp and 9,000 ybp, respectively) than those found in Oman (only 1,600 ybp).

Well I added that last part about it coming from Egypt, they didn't quite specify where it came from, only that there's a 13% high form certain Somalis and Ethiopians.

We know that Saudi Arabian tribes linked to Banu Hashim, Quraish, the Mecca/Hejaz regions of Saudi Arabia crossed the straight of Hormuz back into the Horn of Africa relatively recently , a Eurasian haplogroup expanding back towards Africa.

It's interesting to know that Egyptian T has more diversity/age than Turkish T by about 4,700 years in advance, leading me to believe that hg T may certainly have originated near the Levant, but it could certainly have arrived from much further east as well, I heard that diversity was greater in the "levant" (don't know which specific region.) than in Iran, but I would like to see further testing done on this.

But then again, diversity is higher in Iran than in Egypt, so it makes this all the more complicated as there are two power cores of "oldest age"; the Levantine coast region and Iran.

The only 2 x T -M184 ( which are not M-70 ) in europe and middle-east which have 67 or more markers tested.
note: this M184 is the base of all T as all M70 have this M184 marker. Estimation is that only 5% of T is not M70
I heard of only one other M184 in Syria.

Last edited:
Map coming shortly? What map?

So those are the only places the most basal branches have been found? What countries exactly, Syria,turkey,Iran according to this?

So those are the only places the most basal branches have been found? What countries exactly, Syria,turkey,Iran according to this?

Turkey and Iran

The Turkey person is named Karamanukian and was originally from Trabzon and is of Armenian stock.
There is another in syria and another in central France...both only tested for 37 markers. The french guy from auvergne was part of the Ramos-Luis paper of 2009

the paper stated 3 x T1-M70 plus 1 x K (xM9, xM70 ). Ftdna T project stated he has only M184 and no M70 or no L206

Last edited:
I wonder if these are individuals have any mizrahim Jewish links.

Maybe? I don't know : )

This thread has been viewed 104589 times.

Back