Languages knowledge in the EU

Hi, everyone. I've recently migrated to EU and I wonder why I had to pass English and German exams while the EU migrants recieved all documents instantly. Not each from them knows both languages!!!

Why do you expect more from Spaniards at speaking English? I had lived in Spain for 4 years and they struggle a lot at learning foreign languages. As I learned Spanish I could understand why they have problems with other languages, because of their native language which lacks a lot of phonemes. I bet a Franch would learn English faster and better.
Agreed.Spaniards,just as others spanish native speakers,use to be very lazy/reticent at learning other languages.The fact that spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the world has probably something to do about it though.Only exception may be the mexicans,since hundreds of thousands have been migrating (and keep moving) to the U.S.Most mexicans I know speak fluent english.

Together with the integration of Turkey into EU, 17% seems to increase.

Nowadays the languages are incredibly important. The requirements are changing so do the generations.

Last edited:
Finland is getting worse results because everyone is forced to learn Swedish, it is the law. :useless:

This thread has been viewed 38434 times.

Back