who were Slavic people?

Z284 did not get Germanized, because it was the original Proto-Germanic branch.

Check what I wrote here because you, like Sile, also don't grasp ethnogenesis:

================

http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...anic-or-Slavic?p=443723&viewfull=1#post443723

"Sile you totally do not understand how ethnogenesis works and what it is.

All major haplogroups are older than any of modern European ethnic groups.

But if R1a M458 is Lugian, Z280 is Baltic and I2a is Baltic then Poles are mostly Germano-Baltic.*

How silly (or sile?) such claim is I don't need to explain.

*Arvistro claimed that Z280 and I2a are Baltic.

BTW - check this discussion on another forum, especially posts of Niklot and Authun:

R1a and R1b migrated to Europe shortly after the end of the Stone Age.They are older than Balts, Slavs, Germanics, etc.- everyone:"

http://historum.com/european-history/2379-brits-more-german-celtic-47.html#post1986613?postcount=468

HGs_Chart.png

Hey everyone I can give you an answer on the difference among slavic people. Y-dna is not a good candidate for the comparison as it is a single chromosomal comparison. I did the ancestry dna test and my russian friend also did it. Here are the Ancestry results from the Russian sample:

- 97% Eastern European
-3% Baltic

Now here is my Serbian sample:

- 62% Eastern European
-30% Italian/Greek
-4% European Jewish
-4% Caucasian

From the autosomal comparison, we can infer that Serbs and Russians share 2/3 of their autosomal DNA. As such, from the differences we can say that Serbs are 2/3 slavic and 1/3 indigenous Balkan. Here are the results of the K15 comparison:

Russian
Population

North_Sea
Atlantic
Baltic
Eastern_Euro
West_Med
West_Asian
East_Med
-
Red_Sea
South_Asian
Southeast_Asian
-
Siberian
Amerindian
-
Oceanian
Northeast_African
-
Sub-Saharan
-

Serbian
Population

North_Sea
Atlantic
Baltic
Eastern_Euro
West_Med
West_Asian
East_Med
Red_Sea
South_Asian
-
Southeast_Asian
-
Siberian
-
Amerindian
-
Oceanian
-
Northeast_African
-
Sub-Saharan
-

We see that the "Baltic" component is the largest in both cases followed by North Sea and Eastern European. However the Serbian sample has a significant Mediterranean admixture. From this we can infer that the majority of Serbian genetic material is indeed slavic but contains a significant contribution from the local people of the Balkans.

It is not right to regard the Slavs separately from the Balts: they are halves of a single whole.

https://hrcak.srce.hr/164142

here you can download a paper about the ethnogenesis of the Slavs, there is a summary in english at the end.

View attachment 11019

the gray area on this map shows an area which is today Slavic, but the oldest toponyms, such as names of rivers, lakes etc. seem to be of Baltic origin. it has an overlap with archaeological cultures Dnieper-Dvina, Milograd etc. it's modern day Belarus and spreads into Ukraine and Russia a little bit. So the original population of that area were some type of proto-Balts according to the author, not Slavs. Which leaves Poland and eastern Germany as the homeland of the Slavs, and the Germanic homeland was Scandinavia and western Germany. Slavs migrated from Poland into the Belarus area around 3rd century AD and started assimilating these Balts.

according to this r1a-m458 and maybe i2a? could be the markers of Slavic migrations and r1a-z280 could be a trace of the Balts.

https://hrcak.srce.hr/164142

here you can download a paper about the ethnogenesis of the Slavs, there is a summary in english at the end.

View attachment 11019

the gray area on this map shows an area which is today Slavic, but the oldest toponyms, such as names of rivers, lakes etc. seem to be of Baltic origin. it has an overlap with archaeological cultures Dnieper-Dvina, Milograd etc. it's modern day Belarus and spreads into Ukraine and Russia a little bit. So the original population of that area were some type of proto-Balts according to the author, not Slavs. Which leaves Poland and eastern Germany as the homeland of the Slavs, and the Germanic homeland was Scandinavia and western Germany. Slavs migrated from Poland into the Belarus area around 3rd century AD and started assimilating these Balts.

according to this r1a-m458 and maybe i2a? could be the markers of Slavic migrations and r1a-z280 could be a trace of the Balts.

z280 is just as Slavic as the rest. If not Moreso. One of the more successful lineage that make up the bunch. Most of south Slavic R1a, outside of Bulgarians and Macedonians is predominantly Z280.

Hey everyone I can give you an answer on the difference among slavic people. Y-dna is not a good candidate for the comparison as it is a single chromosomal comparison. I did the ancestry dna test and my russian friend also did it. Here are the Ancestry results from the Russian sample:

- 97% Eastern European
-3% Baltic

Now here is my Serbian sample:

- 62% Eastern European
-30% Italian/Greek
-4% European Jewish
-4% Caucasian

From the autosomal comparison, we can infer that Serbs and Russians share 2/3 of their autosomal DNA. As such, from the differences we can say that Serbs are 2/3 slavic and 1/3 indigenous Balkan. Here are the results of the K15 comparison:

Russian
Population

North_Sea
Atlantic
Baltic
Eastern_Euro
West_Med
West_Asian
East_Med
-
Red_Sea
South_Asian
Southeast_Asian
-
Siberian
Amerindian
-
Oceanian
Northeast_African
-
Sub-Saharan
-

Serbian
Population

North_Sea
Atlantic
Baltic
Eastern_Euro
West_Med
West_Asian
East_Med
Red_Sea
South_Asian
-
Southeast_Asian
-
Siberian
-
Amerindian
-
Oceanian
-
Northeast_African
-
Sub-Saharan
-

We see that the "Baltic" component is the largest in both cases followed by North Sea and Eastern European. However the Serbian sample has a significant Mediterranean admixture. From this we can infer that the majority of Serbian genetic material is indeed slavic but contains a significant contribution from the local people of the Balkans.
Serbs are Balkan, period. With some other component like other Balkan people of course.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 148956 times.

Back