Alpha Wave Music Boosts Brain Power

edao

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H
A friend recently told me she makes a point of making sure her kids listen to classical music. When I questioned her as to why she thought it was benefical for them she had no real answer.

It's commonly held that people who listen to classical music from a young age are some how smarter, so i thought I'd look into it to see if there is any research backing this up. Forgive me if this is old news but the following article is quite interesting and a facinating insite into how the brain works.

Read article here.

Some extracts:

"Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder's breakthrough book Superlearning alpha wave music, the idea that music at 60 bpms (beats per minute) can induce alpha waves. popularized
Certain movements of Baroque Classical music have been shown to induce Alpha state, particularly pieces from Bach's Cello Suites, the Largo from "Winter" from Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons," and music by Handel and George PhilippTelemann."

"The music tempo of these pieces relaxes you and slows your brain down to the optimal frequency to reach alpha state. It stimulates alpha waves in both the left and right hemisphere of brain, which allows you to access intellect and creativity together."

This thread has been viewed 9297 times.

Back