Greatest Irish contribution(s) to the world ?

What is/are the greatest Irish contribution(s) to the world?

• Traditional Irish music

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Modern Irish music (U2, Cranberries, Hozier, Enya, Van Morisson...)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Irish literature & poetry (Oscar Wilde, James Joyce, WB Yeats, Thomas Moore, JB Dillon...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irish actors (Peter O'Toole, Pierce Brosnan, Gabriel Byrne, Daniel Day Lewis, Colin Farrell...)

• Irish beer (Guiness, Harp, O'Hara's, Sullivan's, Wicklow...)

• Irish pubs

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Influential politicians of Irish descent (Kennedy's, Ronald Reagan, J. Callaghan, P. Keating...)

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
I guess at least one parent Irish. In England alone there are 10 milion Irish. In usa there are 40 mil of them. Australia can easyly be called New Ireland. All Latin American countries with no exception have Irish. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but when you think of the size of the country they came from is frightening. . My view is that, its the only country in the world where a lot more people live outside the country than in the country itself. .

not true....there are more people in North America with Scottish origins/ancestry than actually live in Scotland ,as well.

not true....there are more people in North America with Scottish origins/ancestry than actually live in Scotland ,as well.

That's true. Canada has about 33 million people, and over 5 million of them are at least partly of Scottish descent and over 4 million of them are at least partly of Irish descent. Those figures are probably on the low side, since many people have no idea where their ancestors came from.

So the Irish have given the world many waves of immigrants, and also have given the world a lot in terms of literature, theatre, music and dance. However, notwithstanding how good some Irish beers are, I think that the most wonderful thing the Irish have given the world is Bushmills whiskey.

I chose literature, some of my favorites, although the music calls my soul

A lot really from beer culture to beautful Celtic music and there landscape too!

House of Pain. :)

Civil engineering - many Irishmen have traditionally been involved with the British building industry. According to the QS Ranking of 2021, seven Irish universities that provide master's degrees in civil engineering are among the best in the world.

Celtic religion.

Inviato dal mio SM-A125F utilizzando Tapatalk

I have added a new poll as the old one got deleted during the move from vBulletin to Xenforo.

This thread has been viewed 90935 times.

Back