What makes you proud of your country?

I was kinda raised Muslim. Many members of my family would fast during Ramadan (sometimes I would do). No-one ate pork, even the irreligious family members. I definitely believed that Islam seemed like the most likely religion to be true. Christianity is divided and the trinity in nonsensical, Hinduism, Buddhism and other Eastern religions seemed silly, Judaism was too limited in number to be true, etc. But then when I started reading the Quran and researching religion (I was 16 at the time), I became irreligious within only a few weeks. I also read the Bible and other religious texts, and books by Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens (rest in peace).

No one knows for sure the religious composition of Bosnia. The last census was back in 1996. But according to Wikipedia, in 2001 45% of Bosnia was Muslim. By now it is probably around 50%, since the Federation has a higher population growth rate than the RS.
Dawkins.. lol

I do not identify with any particular country (i.e., a political entity). My identity is, in essence, inherently bound to a form of basal heritage; in my case Atlantic fringe Celticity. I'm generally proud of my indigenous history which necessarily encompasses several modern day "population units."

Proud of being Albanian (from Kosova) since we helped a lot of Jewish families during the WWII and the most important person that was helped personally by King Zogu was Albert Einstein. Would he make it without Albanians help, we do not know, but definitely we have contributed. http://www.ajr.org.uk/index.cfm/section.journal/issue.Apr10/article=5343 "Albert Einstein took refuge in Albania for a few days in 1935 before continuing his journey to America with an Albanian passport."

I'm proud of my country because I was born here, it is my motherland and I am happy to live in my country

I'm proud of my country because I was born here, it is my motherland and I am happy to live in my country

Sehr gut gesagt! I mag Deutschen zu sehen, die stolz auf ihrem Land sind. Ich wurde in Deutchland geboren, aber in America aufgewachsen, also Deutschland hat eine besondere platz in meinem Herzen. All the best you have a very nice country!

am proud of my country because we are richer than Mexico and warmer than Canada.

and have the best looking women...... (everyone seems to say that about their own country)

This thread has been viewed 109842 times.

Back