Politics Osama Bin Laden is dead

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses
Congratulations to American people :78:
Maybe I am not fan of forced democratization, but totally support them in fight with terrorism :17:

He was in Pakistan all along, no surprise there. USA needs to start befriending India, that country is so much better than the terrorist state next to it.

Anyone think it's a coincidence that you have all this unrest in the middle east, where regimes are killing their people and the Americans are waving their finger threatening to bomb them off the map. Now suddenly, magically somone gives Osama up.

The Pakistani government should be held to account, there is no way they didn't know he was hiding in their country, if they want to pick sides they picked the wrong one.

Congratulations to American people :78:
Maybe I am not fan of forced democratization, but totally support them in fight with terrorism :17:

Thank you for the good wishes.
It was literally the first thing that I heard over the car radio as my son got in for me to bring him to school.

It is 10yrs too late, I doubt if his death will have too much of an effect at this stage. Bin Laden was isolated and rendered irrelevant, except as a possible figurehead but there will be another in the grooming to fill his shoes.

It is interesting that the people across the Islamic world are currently opting for more freedom and a greater choice in their leadership , rather than Al Qaeda's version of antiquated idealism. Wonder what Bin Laden made of that?

How are they going to prove his death. Surely the world is not so nieve to believe anything the american government tell them, where is the proof. They haven't been shy in the past about releasing faces of dead targets. Already we are hearing he was buried at sea to meet Islamic law...since when did the US special forces give a dam about islamic law?

Well he was shot in the face, do you want to see a picture of a man with his head blown off?

Haha... Those jerks dumped the dead body in the sea. Evidence gone.
And head blown off? Of course.. Could be anybody.
And BTW.. How do you know the dead man had his head blown off?

I don't believe it. The Americans goofed again.

I sense Obama had to do something to polish up his popularity.
Elections coming on? :unsure:

Haha... Those jerks dumped the dead body in the sea. Evidence gone.
And head blown off? Of course.. Could be anybody.
And BTW.. How do you know the dead man had his head blown off?

I don't believe it. The Americans goofed again.

I sense Obama had to do something to polish up his popularity.
Elections coming on? :unsure:

We already discussed the issue on the other forum. Of course they killed him now because of the election, but he is dead, both taliban and AQ confirmed that. By the way, DNA matches.

I don't know if Osama is dead today, and the photo is real, or dead before 10 years by a bomb, or dead cause he had problems with kidneys,
I don't know if modern taliban agree to that cause late revolts in Arabic world could be an upside down to them, or the money stoped, or they 'aggree' with US forces,

the changes in Arabic world could effect all islamic people, even to indonesia,

probably these revolts stop money to Al Qaeda, a new agreement with USA or NATO, and money of arabic world stay in its people than in trouble makers and Gun market.

I think modern Arabs know their economy, and want to share the rich of their country, than to fight and die for pan-islamization,

I 'm waiting to see what will happen to syria, yemen etc,
seems like Islam is rejecting the dictators, and eternal life presidents, but turns where?
to modern Democracy, west style? just turn faces, and politic same? to a Theocratic model states (like Iran) council of Priests?
to the traditional early Islam (sons of Muhamed to throne) ???/

My tabloid headline proposal is "Obama binned Osama":grin:

Seems the Americans need reminding what country they are from
"USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!"

I think its contagious maybe we should all fall into line with so much globalisation and take the American lead, here goes...

"Scotland!, UK!, Britain!, Europe!" ah nuts, guess the worlds not that black and white....:unsure:

I have reasons to doubt the US government announcement. They said that they confirmed Osama bin Laden's identity with a DNA test. But HOW ? Did they already have his DNA before ? How did they get it ? Then more surprisingly, how did they manage to test his DNA in just a few hours, and in Pakistan, far away from high-tech DNA labs ? Besides, Pakistan denied today that bin Laden was killed in Pakistan, which means the Pakistani government was unaware of the operation and that they didn't provide technical support to test the DNA. This is all very fishy. It takes minimum one week to test DNA in proper conditions in a lab. What they claim cannot be the truth, unless Osama was not killed yesterday.

Then why would they want to byry him at sea ? Why dispose of his body as soon as possible instead of showing it to the whole world in front of the cameras ? A photo can be so easily faked nowadays that it has no value as a proof. It's harder to deny when thousands of independent journalists from all over the world all take videos from the actual body.

It's also really odd how they are telling everyone that Obama was watching the assault live and releasing photos of him looking nervous watching the footage. I have never seen any government release this kind of information, what would the purpose be?

Do they think if they release footage of the president viewing a fictional event that should remove any doubt that it happened?

source

Not only is it suspicious but the more reports come out, the more sick and twisted the whole episode seems to be. Plus the gloating and celebrations at another's death, combined with unecessary tales of cowardice before dying. It is now a stomach turner, typical of the US to go overboard and lose whatever brownie points they may have originally earned.

OK, I'll come clean - he's sitting in my family room watching daytime TV with me.

I think that for the most part I have respected the fact that this is a European forum and have consequently held my tongue when I see the usual anti-US comments.

I certainly expected all kinds of denial that Bin laden is in fact dead. For the record, if we just wanted to say that he was dead, we would have been more likely to have hit the bloody compound with a Cruise missile. (I'm would not be surprised if many here protested against the installation of those by Reagan in the 80's)

Now, in addition to all the conspiracy theories, I have to see a complaint we are just too jubilant over here about his death. The self-righteous attitudes displayed here are often insufferable. Some people are just unbelievable.

I have no doubt that many will be happy to see me go and will, at best, say good riddance to me.

Enjoy each other's company.

One last thing to Anton, Bears Den: Thanks again for your wishes. You confirmed my personal belief that George W. Bush’s greatest foreign policy error was failing to forge a strong friendship/partnership with post-communist Russia. That was a major failure and a missed opportunity to work together.

[Now, in addition to all the conspiracy theories, I have to see a complaint we are just too jubilant over here about his death. The self-righteous attitudes displayed here are often insufferable. Some people are just unbelievable.]

Well I made the same complaint when some in Islamic countries were celebrating the collapse of the Twin Towers Regulus. Would you have called me self-righteous then?

I apologise if my opinion offends you, but I do not see cause for jubilation in anyone's death. Bin Laden has paid for his crimes, anything further is unecessary.

How did he pay for his crimes antigone? he deserved what he got.

Isn't death the ultimate punishment for any crime?

I agree, he deserved what he got. I don't agree with the celebration and gloating side of it, if that is the way we now behave then it makes us as bad as the extremists who celebrate the deaths of their victims.

I think Osama should have been put on trial. It was told (CNN) that he did not have any weapon on him, and thus shooting him instead of arresting and bringing to court is just not right.

Isn't death the ultimate punishment for any crime?

I agree, he deserved what he got. I don't agree with the celebration and gloating side of it, if that is the way we now behave then it makes us as bad as the extremists who celebrate the deaths of their victims.

The celebrations arn't because he was killed but because of 10 long years later they got him in one way or another. If he was captured alive the celebrations would have been the same.

This thread has been viewed 71616 times.

Back