Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 382

Thread: Were the Croatians originally Slavic?

  1. #51
    Regular Member Dale Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Zadar, (Dalmatia) Croatia
    Posts
    49

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by iapodos View Post
    New people (mostly I2a2 Dinaric ) came from region of Herzegovina and Montenegro and settled in Dalmatia, and hose were not ethnically Croats, they adopted Croatian name later. They simply called themselves Slavs, like it was in Dubrovnik and very often Serbs.
    Unbeliveble propaganda... This is true that Dubrovnik people called themselfs only dubrovnik people and slavs, but this one of your propaganda's that people who migrated to Dalmatia during Ottoman occupation of Bosnia called themselfs only SLAVS is such a lie, they called themselfs as Croats those who were Catholics, due to a fact that in Bosnia before Ottoman occupation of Bosnia, Croats made same number of people and even higher than Serbians in Bosnia... I don't know have anyone noticed what are you trying to do here, you are trying to connect I2a2 HG in Balkan strictly to Serbians, and that my friend is not genetic, that's called propaganda and nationalism, even racism.

    No matter what you say, the fact remains, today Croatia have higher percentage of I2a2 than Serbs, I'm not saying it's "our" HG, I'm saying only a fact... Your tryings to identify haplogroups with nationalism cannot have any place in serious genetic disccutions, because genetic is one thing and nations and ethnics are another.

  2. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    30-04-10
    Posts
    340


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
    but also latest research in croatian capital Zagreb showed that 60% of population in Zagreb have I2a2 as dominant. :)
    Can you please provide some link where those research results can be seen?

  3. #53
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
    Unbeliveble propaganda... This is true that Dubrovnik people called themselfs only dubrovnik people and slavs, but this one of your propaganda's that people who migrated to Dalmatia during Ottoman occupation of Bosnia called themselfs only SLAVS is such a lie, they called themselfs as Croats those who were Catholics, due to a fact that in Bosnia before Ottoman occupation of Bosnia, Croats made same number of people and even higher than Serbians in Bosnia... I don't know have anyone noticed what are you trying to do here, you are trying to connect I2a2 HG in Balkan strictly to Serbians, and that my friend is not genetic, that's called propaganda and nationalism, even racism.

    No matter what you say, the fact remains, today Croatia have higher percentage of I2a2 than Serbs, I'm not saying it's "our" HG, I'm saying only a fact... Your tryings to identify haplogroups with nationalism cannot have any place in serious genetic disccutions, because genetic is one thing and nations and ethnics are another.
    Dubrovnik people ?...what is that...... do you know your history?.
    it was called ragusa and the people where illyrians
    Ragusa in those early medieval centuries had a population of Latinized Illyrians, who spoke their own romance Dalmatian language and was an island[11]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ragusa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubrovnik

    IIRC, Ragusa was changed to dubrovik in 1918
    Father's Mtdna H95a1
    Grandfather Mtdna T2b24
    Great Grandfather Mtdna T1a1e
    GMother paternal side YDna R1b-S8172
    Mother's YDna R1a-Z282

  4. #54
    Regular Member Dale Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Zadar, (Dalmatia) Croatia
    Posts
    49

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by zanipolo View Post
    Dubrovnik people ?...what is that...... do you know your history?.
    it was called ragusa and the people where illyrians
    Ragusa in those early medieval centuries had a population of Latinized Illyrians, who spoke their own romance Dalmatian language and was an island[11]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ragusa
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubrovnik

    IIRC, Ragusa was changed to dubrovik in 1918
    HAHAHA, "Latinized Illyrians", oh boy... you would be a good Roman if you only lived in their time, because by your terms, everyone is that in which roman province he lived (in some particular roman province, in this case Illyricum), means that everyone from Histria to Epirus were Illyrians only because there is a roman province Illyricum, Jesus Christ...

    Yes I know my history, and yes I know Dubrovnik was called Ragusa, and yes dubrovnik people called themselfs as dubrovčani in times of dubrovnik republic, but as you know, you don't know croatian so you cannot translate "dubrovčani" in exact terms what it means, so I've wroted "dubrovnik people"... to make you analogy, "dubrovčani" would mean somethin like when you say for people living in today New York as: "new yorkers".

    And plz, leave a wiki when it comes about Dalmatian-latin language, ofcourse that language is latin origin, died 1898 with last speaker Udaina on croatian island KRK, but first of all, you don't know about ethnology of people in Dalmatia in last 2000 years or terms for a lot of them, all you know is qoute some high school terms as: "Illyrians", "Latinized Illyrians" and maybe something about Dalmatian latin language evolved from Latin, that's all, but if I would ask you that you say somethin to me about term Vlachs in Dalmatia and what brought that term in the first place what would you say? You would search a google for Vlachs in Romanian Wallachia or in Serbia and you would come here with answers...

    Jesus...

  5. #55
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Next, why do you start history from the Roman period, did not ancient historians say the people where illyrians?
    yes, illyrians where from epirus to the danube in the bronze age

    Yes I know my history, and yes I know Dubrovnik was called Ragusa, and yes dubrovnik people called themselfs as dubrovčani in times of dubrovnik republic, but as you know, you don't know croatian so you cannot translate "dubrovčani" in exact terms what it means, so I've wroted "dubrovnik people"... to make you analogy, "dubrovčani" would mean somethin like when you say for people living in today New York as: "new yorkers".
    your using modern terminology and you are discussing medieval times. Do you see me call the etruscan italians or the Romans italians or cimbri danish people. Stop trying to confuse people and use the names of the people at the times in question.

    And plz, leave a wiki when it comes about Dalmatian-latin language, ofcourse that language is latin origin, died 1898 with last speaker Udaina on croatian island KRK, but first of all, you don't know about ethnology of people in Dalmatia in last 2000 years or terms for a lot of them, all you know is qoute some high school terms as: "Illyrians", "Latinized Illyrians" and maybe something about Dalmatian latin language evolved from Latin, that's all, but if I would ask you that you say somethin to me about term Vlachs in Dalmatia and what brought that term in the first place what would you say? You would search a google for Vlachs in Romanian Wallachia or in Serbia and you would come here with answers...

    Jesus...
    Yes that language died in 1898 so you answered your own question, so In the medieval times there where no dubroviks/ians

    You do know about Desislava , in 1189 as the last ruler of Zeta sought refuge amongst the ragusans fleeing from Nemanja as he acquired Hum ( zuhumlje).
    You do know that ragusa was a norman vassal state in 1186 and that the normans aided the ragusans against Nemanja. Nemanja signed the peace treaty on 27 September 1186. As Nemanja stated in the treaty, Ragusa, in the lands of Lord King William, the Norman ruler of Sicily ..........I do not follow wiki unless I can back it up with other non-wiki information

    Enlighten me with some links. I will be waiting

  6. #56
    Regular Member Dale Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Zadar, (Dalmatia) Croatia
    Posts
    49

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    @Zanipolo, I really don't want to continue this "debate" over "nothing", this was a subject about Croatians and still is, and I don't want to use term Illyrians for any autohtone pre-roman tribes northern of today Montenegro, and I'm not the only with this opinion when it comes about term "Illyrians". Term Illyrians is to general term and often use in general discussion and this is not thread about Illyrians...

    When it comes about this thread, in simple terms of words, today Croatians are, by genetic, half slavs and half autohtone people of this area, that's it... slavs by HG R1a (because it's common in most of slavic nations) and autohtone by I2a2, and can you tell me, if we know, and we know, that I2a2 was on this area long time before Croats ever came here and mixed with people from whom we (croats) adopted this HG I2a2, so we can assume that "your Illyrians" northern from today Montenegro were carriers of that same I2a2 haplogroup, how can it be that today Albanians have less than 10% of that same HG? explain that to me?

  7. #57
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
    @Zanipolo, I really don't want to continue this "debate" over "nothing", this was a subject about Croatians and still is, and I don't want to use term Illyrians for any autohtone pre-roman tribes northern of today Montenegro, and I'm not the only with this opinion when it comes about term "Illyrians". Term Illyrians is to general term and often use in general discussion and this is not thread about Illyrians...

    When it comes about this thread, in simple terms of words, today Croatians are, by genetic, half slavs and half autohtone people of this area, that's it... slavs by HG R1a (because it's common in most of slavic nations) and autohtone by I2a2, and can you tell me, if we know, and we know, that I2a2 was on this area long time before Croats ever came here and mixed with people from whom we (croats) adopted this HG I2a2, so we can assume that "your Illyrians" northern from today Montenegro were carriers of that same I2a2 haplogroup, how can it be that today Albanians have less than 10% of that same HG? explain that to me?

    Because ancient historians say the "albanians" where Molossians or Epirotes and what you say are Albanians migrated into Epirote lands. In ancient times North of epirote lands where illyrians, be them dalmatian, liburnian, pannonian etc etc.
    So, albanians today want to be classified illyrian , but they do not have the genetics to be illyrians.
    I do agree that croatians have an illyrian mix, but tell me where craots are from ...............some croats say they are goths , some say they came from iranian tribes.

    I just hope you do not believe that propaganda book ...Srbi..narod najstariji by Olga Lukovic-Pjanovic

  8. #58
    Regular Member Dale Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Zadar, (Dalmatia) Croatia
    Posts
    49

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by zanipolo View Post
    Because ancient historians say the "albanians" where Molossians or Epirotes and what you say are Albanians migrated into Epirote lands. In ancient times North of epirote lands where illyrians, be them dalmatian, liburnian, pannonian etc etc.
    So, albanians today want to be classified illyrian , but they do not have the genetics to be illyrians.
    I do agree that croatians have an illyrian mix, but tell me where craots are from ...............some croats say they are goths , some say they came from iranian tribes.

    I just hope you do not believe that propaganda book ...Srbi..narod najstariji by Olga Lukovic-Pjanovic
    I don't belive in propaganda's :) I just told to you about what Croats are by genetic, now I will tell you what are Croats by ethno origin... one theory is that Croats are just one of the slavic tribes migrating from eastern Europe trough central and finally coming to today Croatia where they mixing themselfs with autohtone people, romanized ex-roman empire citizens...This theory is most adopted today in almost every serious archeological or history universities in Europe.

    Another theory is that Croats were one of the Sarmatian tribes, and that name Croat is deriving from term Sarmat, now... I'm speaking here about Sarmatians, not about some general Persian-Iranic people from Asia, but about Sarmatians as european "branch" of Scyhtians. Even if this second theory is true, Croats when they came to present day Croatia in 7th century were totally slavicized tribe, and Goth "theory" about Croats is nothin more but a lie and propaganda, Croats have nothing to do with Goths, maybe some slight genetical influence from Goths but nothin worth mentioning...

    It's enough to say that when Goths were rulling present day Croatia from Italy (OstroGoths State) in 5th and early 6th century, were never a majority in area of today croatia, only a rulling cast, evidences from that we have in Archeology, from some sites like cemetaries from that period where we can see for example on cemetary knin-greblje in today Croatia (Dalmatia) from 5th and 6th century, that from 200 graves, only 3 are ostrogothic and 197 are autohtone dalmatian from romanized people.

    "Gothic theory" about Croatians is rejected theory for a long time in any serious archeological or history circles..., the official thesis about Croats today adopted in majority of european universities is this: Croats were a slavic tribe who in 7th century came to present day Croatia and mixed themselfs with ex-roman citizens of this area, pre-croatian population, because of that, Croats have today dominant HG I2a2 and not R1a, even though R1a is second dominant HG in Croatians, so you can say that today Croats are in fact in majority of cases that autohtone people before original Croats even came to this area in 7th century, I hope you understand what I want to say... :)

    About that books "srbi ... narod najstariji", well... I don't have anything to say about that except that I don't belive in science fiction

  9. #59
    Regular Member Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,844

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    so my believes are correct when I say that Bosnians Croatians and Serbs are the same people-nation divided by religion and politics?

    I exclude dalmatians and some Monte-Negrins

  10. #60
    Regular Member Dale Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Location
    Zadar, (Dalmatia) Croatia
    Posts
    49

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    so my believes are correct when I say that Bosnians Croatians and Serbs are the same people-nation divided by religion and politics?

    I exclude dalmatians and some Monte-Negrins
    No, Croats and Serbs are different nations, pay attention to word nation, but Croats and Serbs are from same origin, but two different tribes, very similar...but today have different states, just like Norge and Swedish people :)

    Anyway...I'm dalmatian Croatian :)

  11. #61
    Regular Member Bodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-08-11
    Location
    Praia , Cape Verde
    Posts
    504

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b-Din
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Srbin
    Country: Serbia



    First : prove that Dubrovčani ( or Zadrani ) ever called themselves Croats and that they were Croats . Second : Illyrians lived egzactly
    in today Dalmatia , Albania was mixed Illyro -Thracian aeria . Third : prove Sarmathians were Scythian branch . Four : it is scientificaly accepted that only ruling cast of Ostrogoths went to Italy while people stayed on Balkans where they lived before 496 - that is why I1 is so high in Serbs and Croats . Fifth : prove Croats were Slavicized before ariving to Balkan - yes they speacked Slavic languague , but they archeology is totaly diferent than Slavic

  12. #62
    Regular Member Bodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-08-11
    Location
    Praia , Cape Verde
    Posts
    504

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b-Din
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Srbin
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
    No, Croats and Serbs are different nations, pay attention to word nation, but Croats and Serbs are from same origin, but two different tribes, very similar...but today have different states, just like Norge and Swedish people :)

    Anyway...I'm dalmatian Croatian :)
    This is very good explanation

  13. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-10-11
    Location
    Oslo(NOR)/Lyon(FRA)
    Posts
    26


    Ethnic group
    Macedonian-Albanian
    Country: Norway



    are we talking about the Dalmatians here or Croatia? Because Dalmatians have been in the balkans as long as the albanians, I'm not sure the closeness of their languages, but they are surely an illyrian tribe. I'd believe part of todays Croatia are slavs, while there rest are slavinized dalmatians.

    You'll have to excuse me if I've offended anyone with my thinking.

  14. #64
    Regular Member zanipolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-11
    Posts
    2,071

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4o

    Ethnic group
    Down Under
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    are we talking about the Dalmatians here or Croatia? Because Dalmatians have been in the balkans as long as the albanians, I'm not sure the closeness of their languages, but they are surely an illyrian tribe. I'd believe part of todays Croatia are slavs, while there rest are slavinized dalmatians.

    You'll have to excuse me if I've offended anyone with my thinking.
    The biggest "illyrian tribe" was the Dalmatians, followed by the Liburnians . these people where different from each other but recognised in the ancient and modern worlds as Illyrian. There is a possibility ( recent studies), that illyrian represents a linguistic ( maybe even a loose confederation ) and not a cultural group of tribes similar to what celtic was in the ancient times

  15. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-04-12
    Posts
    382


    Country: Finland



    They obviously are since haplogroup percentages match.

  16. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    19-04-12
    Posts
    382


    Country: Finland



    The fact that they probably have the highest I2a1b + R1a in the region is enough to say they're among the most Slavic Balkan nations.

  17. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-11-10
    Posts
    104


    Country: Russian Federation



    Quote Originally Posted by zanipolo View Post
    The question above has always been talked about when visiting croatian friends/families. The arguements range from being forced to become slavic or not. An alphabet ( slovenians as well) which has always been Latin based instead of Cyrillic based. A religion from the west roman empire - Catholic instead of the East Roamn Empire - Orthodox.

    Anyway after reading many books, I decided to ask the question to the slavs in this forum. Link below is interesting
    Croats are pure Slavs but their name isn't Slavic. They've got them from some non-slavic tribe from the east.

    BTW cyrillic was the main script in the southern part of Croatia (Dalmatia) although they were Catholics!

  18. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-07-11
    Posts
    131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a

    Country: Russian Federation



    The genetic structure of Western Balkan populations based on autosomal and haploid markers. K. Tambets1, L. Kovacevic1,2,3, D. Primorac4, G. Lauc5, A. Leskovac6, Z. Jakovski7, K. Drobnic8, S. Kovacevic9, T. Bego10, E. Metspalu11, D. Marjanovic2,5, R. Villems1,11 1) Estonian Biocentre, Tartu, Estonia; 2) Institute for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; 3) Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; 4) University Center of Forensic Science, Split, Croatia; 5) Genos doo, Zagreb, Croatia; 6) Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia; 7) Institute of forensic medicine, criminology and medical deontology and Medical Faculty, University of "St. Cyril and Methodious", Skopje, Republic of Macedonia; 8) Faculty for Justice and Security, Ljubljana, Slovenia; 9) Forensic Center, Bozova glavica, Danilovgrad, Montenegro; 10) Faculty of Farmacy, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; 11) University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia.

    Contemporary inhabitants of the Balkan Peninsula belong to several ethnic groups of diverse cultural backgrounds. In this study, three ethnic groups from Bosnia and Herzegovina - Bosniacs, Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs - and four other Slavic-speaking Western Balkan populations: Serbians, Croatians, Macedonians from Republic of Macedonia, Montenegrins, and Albanian-speaking Kosovars have been characterized for the genetic variation of 660 000 autosomal single nucleotide polymorphisms. Genetic structuring of Western Balkan populations has been analyzed in a global context. Comparison of the variation within autosomal and haploid data sets of studied Western Balkan populations revealed their genetic closeness regardless of a genetic system inspected, in particular among the Slavic speakers. Hence, culturally diverse Western Balkan populations are genetically very similar to each other. Only the Kosovars show slight differences both in the variance of autosomal and uniparentally inherited markers from the other populations of the region, possibly also due to their historically strict patrilineality.

  19. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    212


    Ethnic group
    Serbian
    Country: Netherlands


  20. #70
    Marquis
    Join Date
    10-04-13
    Posts
    2,120

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Italy



    I agree with zanipolos first post. No Croats where not originally Slavs they received later Slavic migrations. They're predominantly indigenous to the Balkans or have been there since god knows when. Some people here are saying I2a2 is Slavic or something, I don't think it's Slavic I just think that it followed/moved around with later Slavs that arrived but it was not originally an incoming Slavic genetic marker, it was heavily influenced by Slavs and some subclades may have been deeply culturally mixed with and followed these incoming Slavs to other Slavic areas they allied with and culturally prospered with theses coming R1a men this "making of Slavs" is linked to Ukrainian refuge/ Russian steppes R1a men that poured into Europe and meeting some indigenous balkanian I men in certain locales, this is evident because on any genetic map you look I-M170 and the R-M173 took totally different routes into Europe not even together with the R1 men going around Central Asia and through Russia and the I men from Anatolia to Balkans and then one branch going north etc. the only exception would be I don't know but if I-M170 came through Caucasus and then hugging the Black Sea coast and arriving through Ukraine to Moldova. But even then I don't think the I and R1 even moved during same time period I think I was already in Europe like 25,000 years ago the r1 guys was still in Central Asia crossing the Russian steppes?

  21. #71
    Marquis
    Join Date
    10-04-13
    Posts
    2,120

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Italy



    I think culturally Croats are pure Slavs but the genetics shows they have predominant indigenous element 40% with heavy Slavic influence 30-35% 1a.

  22. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    18-05-14
    Posts
    144


    Ethnic group
    Slavic
    Country: Slovenia



    Slavic people were different groups, separated by several antique authors (such was Jordanes) as: Antes (current Ukrainians), Sloveni - this is the word from where later artificial form "Slavs" came from, which is a name for only 1 nation; Slovenes & Slovaks (both speak "Sloven-ski" language); a transliteration through Greek and Latin: Σκλαύηνοι (Sklaunvoi; "sklaVENoi") or Sclaueni (lat.) or even Sthlaueni (transmutation of kl into soft TL)) and Veneti. (also check the cultures among "Amber road" ).

    The word SkloVen (and later transmutation of Sloven) derives from 2 different tribes of Slavic people: 1) Herodotus's Skolotoi (a greek transliteration, transmutation of Slavic Sokoloti or Sokoli (Falcons) this is "Scythian" (another form of Slavic Sokoli(current Ukrainians; of the tribe Antes) was Scythian or Skitian; Skot; catt-le; Kot; cat; skotiti; "kotiti", "kotati"; "to turn around" (like a cat on the floor; giving a birth (in the animal kingdom). and 2) Ven which is "Venet".
    When the Antes were seeking Venetic brides in the west from 1-9th century their descendants called themselves "Skloveni" ("scythian venetic" people around Danube; Donava (which was intentionally named after Russian river "Don")...
    With other words; the patrimonial (tribes, groups) with marker R1a1a were arriving to the territories with the I2 haplo groups.

  23. #73
    Regular Member Dalmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-02-10
    Posts
    265


    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Gosh View Post
    Croats are pure Slavs but their name isn't Slavic. They've got them from some non-slavic tribe from the east.

    BTW cyrillic was the main script in the southern part of Croatia (Dalmatia) although they were Catholics!

    you are funny guy

  24. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-11-10
    Posts
    104


    Country: Russian Federation



    why do you think so? Try to explain.

  25. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    22-02-13
    Posts
    553


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Itas Argis View Post
    Never take Wikipedia seriously. It is written by those who support official history. Propaganda tool ...

    iapodos said in short how things really are.

    Who are Croats?

    Well, some are croatised Serbs, some croatised Vlahs or Romanians, Goths, Celtcs, Sarmatians, Avars, and so on, and so on...
    None of the above! They are croatised Illyrians! If you want to read history! So Croats are mixture of Illyrian with slavs. Croatians have known this for a while. There was a time when they called themselves Illirci.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. who were Slavic people?
    By how yes no 2 in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 09-06-19, 23:25
  2. Slovenians , west-slavic, south-slavic or celtic
    By zanipolo in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 01-08-14, 20:14
  3. How much Turks and Slavic influence the Greek genetic pool ?
    By Etrusco-romano in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 14-10-12, 08:50
  4. Germanic and Proto-Slavic
    By Taranis in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 29-05-12, 13:42
  5. About Basques and Slavic people
    By kgnju in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-11-10, 12:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •