Which European groups have phenotypical overlap with the Middle East & North Africa?

Multiple choice; Which have resemblances to Middle East or North Africa?

• British and/or Irish

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Scandinavians (Swedes, Norwegians, Danes)

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Finns

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Estonians, Latvians, and/or Lithuanians

• Russians

• Ukrainians

• Poles

• French

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Spaniards and/or Portuguese

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Germans, Austrians, and/or Dutch

• Corsicans

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Sardinians

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Northern Italians

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Southern Italians and/or Sicilians

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Albanians

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Serbians, Bosnians, Croatians

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Bulgarians or Romanians

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Greeks

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • None

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Would any of these Armenians fit in Europe and if so where?

arm3.jpg
arm12.jpg
arm6.jpg
arm14.jpg
arm9.jpg

Not the second (I must admit he is rare), but the others can fit. Very difficult to say countries...just the fourth can pass as Bulgarian, Serbian, Romanian...something like this.

Are you nuts?

my wife Armenian???, the last one is bad copy of my wife before some years, what armenian and blue pizzas you talk about,

typical North Greek, or around balkanic,
that type is very common here, at least 1/5-7 women

gush!!!! where did you find the copy of my wife?

are you sure the girl is Armenian?

Last edited:
The first, France, Spain, Portugal and parts of the U.K. The two women could pass for Greek or S. Italian / C. Italian and the third man down looks somewhat Balkanite.

Georgians I have seen look a bit like this... could they fit in Europe?

5198365061_2792fcd3ba_m.jpg
5198961864_ecf53ac8a9_m.jpg
5198961382_3891024710_m.jpg
5198960588_0ac15e0d64_m.jpg

Yes completely. The first one seems to me gypsy, the second one might fit perfectly as Catalan, third as French, and the fourth one perhaps as Rumanian.

Would any of these Armenians fit in Europe and if so where?

The first one in France, the quarter and the fifth one also in France and Spain. The old man we will leave the poor person alone, enough he must have suffered. Although I have to say, that what less it fits in Spain it is the nostril.

The Fourth it looks Greek to me (I'm not refering to the Armenian woman, I don't know what to think of her).

Are you nuts?

my wife Armenian???, the last one is bad copy of my wife before some years, what armenian and blue pizzas you talk about,

typical North Greek, or around balkanic,
that type is very common here, at least 1/5-7 women
This type is also present in Anatolia, especially among Greeks and Armenians I think...

The Fourth it looks Greek to me (I'm not refering to the Armenian woman, I don't know what to think of her).

The youth still makes her dream, to have illusions, but already in his look there is seen the defeat into which his life will turn in a few years or decades.

This type is also present in Anatolia, especially among Greeks and Armenians I think...

if you go sindos, chalastra and around area, you will find many of that style, little less red, little less light brown many,
also in areas around Vermio Pieria Paiko, and east chalkidike, even to Grevena area is easy to find,
even the hair is the same, the style I call curly hairs of ancient greeks, only less redish more brown,
when i show the fifth photo, to my wife she went to search for her own photos before 10 years,

in many villages even in slavophones you find that type,
I believe exist also in central greece and in peloponese, little more darker,
that style is believed that was Alexander looking
remember Xanthios month comes not from blond but from Ξανθεμα of weapons, a refresh and scrutch of the weapons, early summer time, in fact the light brown or some blond-lighter hair is the one we call Blonde, cause true blond like North is little bit rare,
so bronze took a red-yellow color that soon drops in light brown, and iron a live red-brown, the ones ancients Makedonians called Xantho color

if you know about farming, then you know that tobacco farmers when comes time to gather the leaf they get a red-brown or blonde-brown colour, that return to original after late september,

the girl in 3rd photo look like Armenian, she can be, although we find that type from Greece to Levant and Jordania to Georgia, it is not common but not that rare, you could also pass as pontic Greek, or Cretan, if she had bigger forehead, I could say even Italy and Spain

yo cookie where you find that pic? are you sure the girl is armenian?

The first woman looks Italian (only the nose is what doesn't fit), and the second can pass as a Spanish woman.

in many villages even in slavophones you find that type,
I believe exist also in central greece and in peloponese, little more darker,
If the hair were a little darker she would be the Armenian twin of a Pontic Greek girl that I know... Pontians look like a Greek/Armenian/Georgian mix I think (all Orthodox Christians so mixxing was allowed)

The top two could pass. The bottom two look much more Levantine.

Could this Lebanese people fit in Europe (and if so where)?

prof_lama.jpg
image_cropped-1.JPG
51041.jpg
hammoud073008_32367d.jpg

Oh yes, the first north of Spain, the second Catalonia, 3º Madrid, 4º Castillian or La Mancha.

@ oreo cookie

Parts of Southern Europe. The woman pictured in the top right looks like she could be N. Spanish, Portuguese or French. The younger woman could fit in Italy and some other places.

The bottom two would be somewhat atypical in Europe.

Last two.. could either of these fit in Europe anywhere and where if so?

Robert Kardashian (Armenian)

kardashian.jpg

Ralph Nader (Lebanese)

400px-Ralph-Nader-1975.jpeg

Nader could actually fit pretty much in Western Europe. Is he all Lebanese?

Kardashian looks a bit Turkish, IMO.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 49323 times.

Back