Do Italians look more like Spaniards/Portuguese, or Greeks?

Do Italians look like Iberians or Greeks?

• Northerners more Iberian, southerners more Greek

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Iberian

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Greek

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a good mix I think! It depends on people, but more or less we are in the middle, geographically and in looking.

I think Italians are closer to Greeks. Of course, there are Iberians who can pass as Italians and viceversa, but in general terms I vote for this option.

I think genetics also support this. Recently, there was a preliminary run at Eurogenes for Southern Europeans where the Southeastern/Anatolian cluster seemed to be the clearest one. The results show that Spaniards score quite low here, while it gets high in North Italians, the rest of Italians, Greeks, Cypriots and Turks.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...VFmM0lvdV9zcXc&hl=en_US&authkey=CIiKmgU#gid=0

PD: Portuguese are more or less the same as Spaniards in the spreadsheet.

I think genetics also support this. Recently, there was a preliminary run at Eurogenes for Southern Europeans where the Southeastern/Anatolian cluster seemed to be the clearest one. The results show that Spaniards score quite low here, while it gets high in North Italians, the rest of Italians, Greeks, Cypriots and Turks.

Here is the spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...VFmM0lvdV9zcXc&hl=en_US&authkey=CIiKmgU#gid=0

PD: Portuguese are more or less the same as Spaniards in the spreadsheet.

I think it's due to Italy and Greece's more eastward location, closer to Anatolia and the Caucasus than where the Iberian Peninsula is located. I noticed from the values that Northern Italians have only slightly more of the Southeast European cluster than Iberians )so they might actually be closer to Iberians), while Tuscans have between 30-40% of it, and the rest, labeled "Italian" must be the southerners and for most of them it's their majority cluster.

As far as looks I'll wait for more people to vote on the poll. In a diverse country it's probably hard to give an opinion but thanks for your input :)

N It clusters with Spaniards while Southern with Greeks.

Generally what i've noticed is that northern italians and Spaniards have more of a fair skin tone, while southern italians range more in the olive skin group toghether with greeks and some south balkanians.
Also italians have many convex noses (also northern italians) which is a mark of mediterranean and middle east (obviously) genetic.

Types like him, that you find in many northern italians could have a look in common with spaniards and also more with central europeans
nek.jpg

He still looks southerns like N italians and Spaniards, but he has a fair skin tone.

This girl who has a decise profile (strong convex nose) is more common in the balkans, greece and has some similarity with west asian and middle eastern types, it is more common in southern italy but you find it also elsewhere in italy, while you don't find it in Spain for what i have seen... maybe some spaniards forumers can confirm this or argue it.
Margherita-Zanatta-a-Radio-Deejay-1.jpg

Margherita-Zanatta.jpg

^^

That girl's face I find it very strange, if I saw in Spain think that is a Basque girl.

Short collection of noses of andalusian actresses and singers of all time, in honor of Julia, who loves pictures.

paquita4.jpg

Paquita Rico.
imperio_argentina_copla_7f95062d5685b0fdcd5b1fe88.jpg

Imperio Argentina
marifdetrianatorredeare.jpg

Marisol_Carmen_Sevilla_fotografiadas_Cesar_Lucas.jpg

Marisol and Carmen Sevilla.

I never found Andalusians to be as exotic as people have made them out to be.. I don't think they look any different from other parts of Spain and the pictures above confirmed this.

^^

We have done much damage to the lies about the supposed Arab invasion, and no people in the world has had to endure impute a false identity as the Andalusian people, always winning the battles are those that tell the story.

That's in the past, but this imitation of the regionalist nazionale some Spanish regions imported from central Europe, is trying to highlight differences in order to have grounds for their claims of independence, suddenly emerging bands that mimic Celtic tunes, can not conduct a more abrupt differentiation as performed by some sectors between Northern Italy and Southern of Italy because the evidence does not allow it, but good, eventually the truth always wins in pursuit of reason and balance between the Spanish.

Last edited:
^^

We have done much damage to the lies about the supposed Arab invasion, and no people in the world has had to endure impute a false identity as the Andalusian people, always winning the battles are those that tell the story.

That's in the past, but this imitation of the regionalist nazionale some Spanish regions imported from central Europe, is trying to highlight differences in order to have grounds for their claims of independence, suddenly emerging bands that mimic Celtic tunes, can not conduct a more abrupt differentiation as performed by some sectors between Northern Italy and Southern Spain because the evidence does not allow it, but good, eventually the truth always wins in pursuit of reason and balance between the Spanish.

I've heard so many statements about Andalusians that it's not even funny, everything ranging from Gypsy-admixed, part black, mostly Arabian, etc. but to be honest Andalusians to me along with the rest of Spain look distinctly Western European with little to no foreign influence, and I always thought they looked like the French and the northern Italians. Btw did you vote on this poll and my other one?

^^

All three are Mediterranean countries, but that's what I say, is like trying to compare Ireland with Germans and Swedes. Although phenotypes are shared more or less, the Italians are different from Spanish or Greek, Chassis finish the Italians is more refined, but I think that when a Greek or Spanish are cute can overcome the handsomest of the Italians.

Generally what i've noticed is that northern italians and Spaniards have more of a fair skin tone, while southern italians range more in the olive skin group toghether with greeks and some south balkanians.
Also italians have many convex noses (also northern italians) which is a mark of mediterranean and middle east (obviously) genetic.

This girl who has a decise profile (strong convex nose) is more common in the balkans, greece and has some similarity with west asian and middle eastern types, it is more common in southern italy but you find it also elsewhere in italy, while you don't find it in Spain for what i have seen... maybe some spaniards forumers can confirm this or argue it.

While it is true that convex noses are more common in Italy and the Balkans, Spain is not entirely free of them either. A minority of Spaniards can display very convex profiles. One of the most convex-nosed Spaniards I have ever seen is Rossy De Palma:

85609527x.jpg

Maldini - more iberian or more greek?

Paolo_Maldini_Maldini_768227.jpg
86967.png

maldini look more Greek, althought he's nortehrn italian.
I think it's due to its squared face.

An Albianian with that squared face
20080528211716_artikull.jpg

Rossy de palma is very strange, do you atribute her profile to proper dinarid stock?

this open face is a Balkanian and south-east european mark
Tosca_D%27Aquino.JPG

here's an other type even more balkanic and greek
Loren-sophia-photo-sophia-loren-6229214_986.jpg

this face is also south-eastern but with less ethnic traits
bianca-guaccero-e-grazia-nell-episodio-il-ministeriale-della-serie-il-bene-e-il-male-104527.jpg

What about Claudia Cardinale? I am adding her because I always saw her as looking similar to Sophia Loren.

claudia-cardinale-006.jpgclaudia_cardinale.jpgardse8ymepkzmyps.jpg

Rossy de palma is very strange, do you atribute her profile to proper dinarid stock?

I think she has a strange look and atypical for Spain but that's just my opinion. Maybe Baskid influence (which is related to Dinarid but is pretty specific to the Basque regions of Spain and France)?

cardinale looks more balkanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 152909 times.

Back