Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

FRANCE - Election 2012

Chirac mocks Sarkozy in memoirs

Former French President Jacques Chirac has mocked his successor and party colleague Nicolas Sarkozy in memoirs covering his 12 years in office. article

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    He [Chirac] described his fellow UMP conservative as "irritable, rash, overconfident and allowing for no doubt, least of all regarding himself".
    That's it ? How does that even make the news ? Anybody who knows a bit Sarkozy already knows that. It's not even criticism.

Since his retirement, and despite a looming trial on corruption allegations dating back decades, Mr Chirac has enjoyed a popularity which often eluded him while president.

An Ifop opinion poll last summer suggested he was France's most admired political figure, with Mr Sarkozy placed just 32nd.
    I can't believe Chirac was voted France's most admired political figure. He was one of the worst president, mostly because he just sat there doing nothing except making grand but useless speeches. Sarkozy was elected because he represented everything Chirac was not, a man of action, ready to make unpopular but necessary reforms and tackle the immigration issues.

After describing Mr Sarkozy as "one of the most gifted politicians of his generation", he frowns on his "inappropriate declarations", notably his call to "hose down" crime-ridden housing estates when he was interior minister in 2005.
    Inappropriate declarations ? I only wish Sarkozy had really put those words into action. There is nothing inappropriate about being tough on crime. That's exactly the kind of attitude that made me hate Chirac. He just a flaccid, senile grandpa who should have quit politics before he became president.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.