Dacian Language

Search how Arbanites named the monasteries. both in messologgi and in Suli is Κιουγκι wchich is simmilar with Dacian Konga except if you don't conside Arbanitew as Albanian linguistic group.
It's Albanian with lots of Greek influence. I couldn't find what you asked, mind if you gave me a link?
The word "ziej" can also be found inside another word which is "nxeht" which means "warm" with t same sound correspondance of "zi" (black) and "nxi" (turn black). The strange thing is the /h/ in the end.
Are you talking about 'h' in 'nxehtë'? Probably a dialectal variation. It's silent when it's spoken in some areas. It's a similar case with "yll" and "hyll" (star). The standard is "yll", but some areas pronounce it as "hyll". "Hyll" should be the correct form considering the origin of the word. So the standard and the common pronunciation often change from each other.

This word is actually quite interesting. While it usually is considered of Turkic etymology (compare modern Turkish "bol" - "abundant, plentiful"), but I remember that how-yes-no attempted to link it with the Celtic tribal name "Boii". The problem is that this in turn is derived from PIE *gwous (compare English "cow", Old Irish "bó"), and the *gw > *b is a Celtic development. To my knowledge, there is no native cognate in the Slavic languages, but if there was, it would be similar to Latvian 'govs'. In other words, the word must be a loanword either way. The Celtic name "Boii" is usually interpreted as "cattle owners", which would be weird (but not unconceivable) to be shifted to "noble". The question is, how likely is it that the Proto-Slavs had contact with Celts (especially the Boii), and where? In the end, I think that the Turkic etymology is the more likely one because the oldest form is recorded with an "l".
I have always wondered if that is also the source of albanian "ka" (ox) and "gul" (hornless ox)

there is also the christianity times,
remamber that original Slavic cultures are the ones who connected with CYrillic Alphabet.
perhaps a full slavonization had happened that times, or a reform and reconstruction of ancient languages,

just think of a rulling class that promotes the bible and an alphabet in tribal, same time, that creates a literature same time all the area of expand that have a common basis of language and written, the more powerfull the reform of cyrillic the more results,

just think in Alaska what had happened, in some islands people still speak Russian although in USA,
the cyrillic eliminated many pre-slavic and forced a united Slavic culture,
that means that differences from Samara, Urals to Croatia differences should have been bigger, but cyrillic flat them all, and bring closer the language,

Christianity was not the "1. slavic culture". My grand grand mother was still a priestess of old Slavic faith (no neo pagan nonsense). She said that people were forced into it (Christianity), otherwise they were killed. Part of the nation switched into Bogomilism (there exist fairy tales about "last Cathars in France" and other nonsense; the latest Cathars lived in Bosnia), and were extremelly ascetic. "Their women were constantly jumping to achieve the special state of mind...". This has 0 to do with "culture" but with parasitism, which was established by Hebrews and Greeks and Romans with their artificial Osirian and Sethanic cults assimilating original elements of foreign nations. Christianity is parasitism. And all Slavs should ban it. I am glad it is dying in Europe already. Stalin should have burn and destroy all churches when he was still alive.

Last edited:
yes, in narrow sense of the word....

hm, let's see whether there is link between moon and Serians/Zeruiani

could Zeruiani mean Zoryani - people of Zorya (Zorya/Zora = dawn)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zorya

hm, home at Bouyan
homeland of Serbs Boika

in home of Zorya are: Sun and North, West and East winds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemoi

Zoraya representative of Zeruiani/Serians maps to Eos godess of dawn - mother of winds...
winds are:
east - Eurus (maps to Russians)
north - Borea (maps to Prussia/Borussia)
west - Zephyrus (maps to Serbs)
and his son Carpus (maps to Croats)
winds are in latin known as Venti (maps to Veneti)

as I explained earlier in this thread, Borea is still in Thrace, Hyperboreans are north of Borea thus Dacians... Hyperboreans are linked to Leto (clearly reflected in tribal names Lithuanians and Latvians (in Serbia Latvia is called Letonija))

now about moon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zorya

I edited later... take a look some interesting links...

Totally correct. Here I am giving you the map of 'Hyperborea' (note that people used to call their cities and names as "Bor"; like Branibor (an original name for Brandenburg) for example); which is: a Pine tree (marking a biocenosis of northern Taiga); the Pine tree in English as a word derives from Hunnic (fen, fenyő; penyo; pine) as the land which was still described that way until ca 1771, in Encyclopedia Brittanica

hyperborea.jpg

Note: "Novogardis" = Novgrad or Novgorod or Novgard (Gard or Gorod was old HyperBorean name for Grad).
It was a place above the rivers: Don ("Tannis fl" above), Dniester, Dnieper, Donava (Danube) and Tula. All those names contain the root DN which means "Don" , Dan (Dien) or "Dawn".

Russians from 13-14th century "AD" (no Vikings), location: ca 20 km from north pole

1.jpg

2.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...identally-mummified-wearing-copper-masks.html

Note: "historians" paranoically seek the "proof" of Persians, Italians, Greeks, Celts and Germans in current Northern pole of Russia in 14th century AD, without any success...
These people were the Hyperboreans, old Slavs (Russian Veneti).

Regards to Zorya, you mentioned, it was simply one of 3 sisters of the Hyperborean (northern) sky. Her second sister was Vechernica, which means "Evening" star), and 3rd sister was Severnitsa or "Northern (star)", this is the Polaris. Second meaning of Danica or Zorya or Zoritsa or Dana (this is also Irish name for Danu; "Tuatha de Danu"; where Tuatha means "people" - the word remained in Slavic as Detha or Detsa; "children" (ancestry; descendants) of Danica (Danitsa)) was SARASWATI. The transliteration of this word is wrong in Hindi (Hindu); because it derives from Zorya or Zora (Dana) or Surya सूर्य as ZARA-SWATA or Zvetana (Svetana), श्वेतना; Svati; Svata श्वेत ; where Svet is "world" and "white"; hence "white bird Swan.

1349083860pic8.jpg

She is playing on an instrument called Veena ( ВИНА ) which simply derives from ZoryaVina, from this came an occult word "Seraph" or Seraphim in later Bible... And from Zorya or Saraswati came "Sarah", wife of "Abraham"(inverted Brahma(n))... (note that Bible contains old perverted/inverted Slavic & Sanskrit words; this includes "Rephaim, RaphaEL" (Ravanas), Nephilims (Navin from Nav (Niflheim)...), etc, etc
Zorya was a daughter of Lady Lada (lads; "young"; mLada; vLada (government)). Ladoga (Ladyoga; Ladyaga; Yaga Lade; Ladya; "ship") is named after her. The river Lybid - "swan" (in current Ukraine) carries the name of the of prince Kij ("bat, scepter"); where city "Kiev" comes from (pre Riurikan Kniaz; Konyaz; Volhv)...

I hope I have showed you few Hyperborean 'secrets' to you, and reasons why was so important to destroy it under so caled "Christian culture"...
You know (remember) and understand these things, "@how yes no 2".

Last edited:
This has 0 to do with "culture" but with parasitism, which was established by Hebrews and Greeks and Romans with their artificial Osirian and Sethanic cults assimilating original elements of foreign nations. Christianity is parasitism. And all Slavs should ban it. I am glad it is dying in Europe already. Stalin should have burn and destroy all churches when he was still alive.
Eye for an eye... You are as tolerant in your religion as Christians were to Pagans, but somehow you feel so superior.

No, I do not. "pagan" is a Latin word as mockery and as a mark for a "farmer, barbar ". It is automatically a word which is opposing everything which is not Abrahamic, so everything which is inferior to the superior Abrahamic religion. Our "religion" did not kill millions of people. This is the work of the people under the Islamic, Christian or Jewish religion...
This is the machine (mafia) which has tentacles all over the military, governmental, economic, educational, resocializing institutions...

The term pagan is from Late Latin paganus, revived during the Renaissance. Itself deriving from classical Latin pagus which originally meant "region delimited by markers", paganus had also come to mean "of or relating to the countryside", "country dweller", "villager"; by extension, "rustic", "unlearned", "yokel", "bumpkin"; in Roman military jargon, "non-combantant", "civilian", "unskilled soldier". It is related to pangere ("to fix", "to fasten") and ultimately comes from Proto-Indo-European *pag- ("to fix").[12]

I doubt this because of the germanic tongue of the bastanae that seperated the finnic/baltic languages from the dacian/thracian ones. Unless the lithuatians had a germanic language from the peucini, then.......

I found these sites
http://web.fu-berlin.de/phin/phin43/p43t2.htm

and also this site below which indicates a latinized base for its language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Spezia-Rimini_Line

as you can see it belongs fully with a southern italian linguistic group . Its an eastern latin group

text:
Romanian also displays a shift of the cluster /kt/ > /pt/. Examples are opt, 'eight' (cf. Latin octem) and fapt, 'fact' (cf. Latin factum). Unlike /kwa/ > /pa/, /kt/ > /pt/ occurs without exception in Romanian. (Items such as efect, 'effect', are either more recently borrowed from other Romance languages or are neologisms based on Latin.) Items such as coace, 'to cook', which keep the /k [če]/ in most forms, shift to /p/ in the closed environment produced in the past participle copt, 'cooked'. The alternation between /k/ and /p/, then, is phonologically conditioned and is not a change to the root of the word as such. Because it does not internally present any phonological inconsistency, I view this alternation as a separate phenomenon from the /kwa/ > /pa/ items discussed above. A similar phenomenon in Romanian exists with the shift of /sc/ > /şt/ before high vowels (e.g., sciō > ştiu, 'I know'). Here also, words alternate depending on environment, e.g., ceaşcă, 'cup', ceşti, 'cups'

Romanian : concerning the shift*sk- : [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ş[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]c[/FONT]/Sk/[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]>> [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]şt[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT]/St/ [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]insome compound words, I think it is not so « irregular »as said : it is a only phonetical (not phonologicalnor morphogicl) phenomenonknown (but rarely enough) in southern breton dialects : in thefew examples of this article about romanian and thracian, [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]şc-[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]sc-[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif])occurs before back or low vowels, when[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]şt[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] seems occuringbefore front (palatal) vowels : the process before frontalvowels would be : [/FONT]

/Sk+/i//e/> /Sc/ > /St/ [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]- in« low-vannetais » dialects of breton : [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]skeul[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« ladder ») :[/FONT]
/sk2:l/> /Sc2:l//S2:l/ + [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]somesubdialects [/FONT]>/St2:l/
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]inromanian I can add :[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]pe[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]şte<< "fish")*pesce[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-eşti[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]' (suffix« -ish », as [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-escu[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif])<< *[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]-esci ?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]na[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ştere[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« tobe born » (birth)) << [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*nascere[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]# [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]roşcat[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« reddish »)<< [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*roscat[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]sc-seems appearing at explosivebeginnings of words, -[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]şc-[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]atimplosive (weak) central position or finale – but some words leaveme confused as [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]frisc[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ă[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]scara[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« stairs ») << [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*scala[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]sclav[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« slave »)<< [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*sclava[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]scăpare[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« toescape ») << *[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]scappare<< excappare[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]friscă[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« cream »)<< [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]*frisca[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]st[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]isconfusing too : [/FONT]/St/[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] ><[/FONT]/st/ [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]evenbetween back or low vowels[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]po[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ştă[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« post »)>< [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]pastă[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif](« paste »)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]butseemingly always [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]st-[/FONT]/st/[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]atthe beginning of the words (I have too few words to be sure)[/FONT][/FONT]

some evolutions as *sqw- >> sp- >> sf- could correspond to previous italic languages of N-Balkans pronounced by other ethnies (the reinforcement and spiration of consonnants occurred in magyar (hungarian) - the samnitic or osco-ombrinan phonetic could have been the first italic substratum in Romania -
this traces in the past of romanian italic strata are asbolutely not the proof the genuine dacian or getian was the same - I prefer rely on old scholars works before new evident analysis change the dominant opinion

Romanian-Albanian

baltă - balt(ovin)ë= lake,puddle, swamp
buză - buzë= lips
boier - bujar= noble
brazdă - brazdë= furrow
brumă - brymë= frost
căciulă - kësulë= cap
căpuşă - këpushë= tick
cătun - katund= village
ceafă - qafë= neck
cioară - sorrë= crow
creier - kre(u)= brain
moş - (i) (mosh-ë)uar= old man
rază - rreze= ray of light
zână - zanë= fairy
viezure - vjedhull= badger
vatră - vatër= hearth

Read "ă" like Albanian "ë" .

There is much more Endri.

Most of them are Albanian loanwords to Romanian.

baltă - balt(ovin)ë= lake,puddle, swamp The Albanian form is native, the Romanian form is either from Albanian or Slavic (if it was from Slavic to Albanian it would have been *bllatë). No idea where you got '(ovin)'

buză - buzë= lips Albanian loanword to Romanian, Slavic forms borrowed it either from Romanian or directly from Albanian, depending on the geography. Cognate to Latin basium 'kiss'.

boier - bujar= noble Slavic loanword

brazdă - brazdë= furrow I'm not aware of this word in Albanian but if it exists, it's Slavic. Romanian z should correspond to Albanian dh in substratum words.

brumă - brymë= frost Latin loanword

căciulă - kësulë= cap Funny word, the original Albanian form was kaçule, which is still in use, then it was borrowed into Romanian as căciulă, then reborrowed into Albanian kësulë.

căpuşă - këpushë= tick Albanian loanword to Romanian, -ush
ë is a common ending, këp dervies from kap 'to grab'

cătun - katund= village Albanian loanword to Romanian, from Albanian tund 'to shake'

ceafă - qafë= neck Turkish loanword. The Turkish form comes from Greek.

cioară - sorrë= crow Albanian loanword to Romanian, PAlb *štš > Alb. s > Rum. ci and PAlb *rn>Alb. rr > Rum. r .

creier - kre(u)= brain Actually it means leader < kryet (neut.) meaning head. The Albanian form is native, the Romanian form seems to be of Latin origin. So not related.

moş - (i) (mosh-ë)uar= old man Albanian loanword to Romanian, from Albanian moshë 'age'. See also moçëm 'old, ripe'

rază - rreze= ray of light Latin loanword, radium

zână - zanë= fairy Latin Diana, di>z is common in early Albanian changes whether very early Latin or native e.g. gadium > gëzim 'happiness'.

viezure - vjedhull= badger *e>ie, je is an Albanian sound change, thus Albanian loanword to Romanian

vatră - vatër= hearth very early Iranian loanword

Here's one:
mazăre- modhullë = pea Very odd form to be an Albanian loanword to Romanian, but exists in both. This is a substratum word in Romanian.

Most of them are Albanian loanwords to Romanian.

baltă - balt(ovin)ë= lake,puddle, swamp The Albanian form is native, the Romanian form is either from Albanian or Slavic (if it was from Slavic to Albanian it would have been *bllatë). No idea where you got '(ovin)'

buză - buzë= lips Albanian loanword to Romanian, Slavic forms borrowed it either from Romanian or directly from Albanian, depending on the geography. Cognate to Latin basium 'kiss'.

boier - bujar= noble Slavic loanword

brazdă - brazdë= furrow I'm not aware of this word in Albanian but if it exists, it's Slavic. Romanian z should correspond to Albanian dh in substratum words.

brumă - brymë= frost Latin loanword

căciulă - kësulë= cap Funny word, the original Albanian form was kaçule, which is still in use, then it was borrowed into Romanian as căciulă, then reborrowed into Albanian kësulë.

căpuşă - këpushë= tick Albanian loanword to Romanian, -ush
ë is a common ending, këp dervies from kap 'to grab'

cătun - katund= village Albanian loanword to Romanian, from Albanian tund 'to shake'

ceafă - qafë= neck Turkish loanword. The Turkish form comes from Greek.

cioară - sorrë= crow Albanian loanword to Romanian, PAlb *štš > Alb. s > Rum. ci and PAlb *rn>Alb. rr > Rum. r .

creier - kre(u)= brain Actually it means leader < kryet (neut.) meaning head. The Albanian form is native, the Romanian form seems to be of Latin origin. So not related.

moş - (i) (mosh-ë)uar= old man Albanian loanword to Romanian, from Albanian moshë 'age'. See also moçëm 'old, ripe'

rază - rreze= ray of light Latin loanword, radium

zână - zanë= fairy Latin Diana, di>z is common in early Albanian changes whether very early Latin or native e.g. gadium > gëzim 'happiness'.

viezure - vjedhull= badger *e>ie, je is an Albanian sound change, thus Albanian loanword to Romanian

vatră - vatër= hearth very early Iranian loanword

Here's one:
mazăre- modhullë = pea Very odd form to be an Albanian loanword to Romanian, but exists in both. This is a substratum word in Romanian.

Lol @albanian loanwords in Romanian.
Romanian language exists in actual form,attested in documents,at least from 600 years ago.
Which is first document written in Albanian? And how Romanian got loanwords from Albanian,from the paid soldiers from Albania,which were used by Romanian boyars?
And I think current Romanian as it is now,was quite same at even 700 AD,after another wave of Slavic migration.

Romanian language exists in actual form,attested in documents,at least from 600 years ago.
Which is first document written in Albanian? And how Romanian got loanwords from Albanian,from the paid soldiers from Albania,which were used by Romanian boyars?
And I think current Romanian as it is now,was quite same at even 700 AD,after another wave of Slavic migration.

Lasa vrajeala domnule!

http://www.mcser.org/journal/index.php/mjss/article/viewFile/203/188

Bojar (BR) comes from Slavic "Boj", this is also general 'indo european' word... which means "fighter"(killer; soldier; slayer), "fight", hence "Vojna"(Vojnik, Bojnik; soldier in betatism) or War (Voar; Boar (Borba; fight). Vojnik, Vojska, Bojna. Cities were generally called "Bor"; Maribor, Branibor (Brandenburg), they were surrounded with a wall and generally with a castle in the middle. (o)Bramba is "protection" and "boriti" is "to fight".
The transliteration in Rig Vedic Sanskrit was "Bhara" भर (Bor);
bolyars; Bulkyar -(u)Bil; Val (Valkyrie); "to slain, to kill"...

Avars transmuted many "Indo European" words in their own way; I have already explained the word Kniaz; Konyaz, Konig; Khan in this Thread:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/26108-Thoughts-from-Klyosov-R1b-data-and-the-IE-problem/page3

I want to add that Dacians rather seems to have been speaking something more closed to today South Slavic or Balto-Slavic or something between those 2 languages,than to Albanian.
That multitude of Slavic words in Romanian language can not be explained only by the known Slavic migration that took place around 600 AD.
I have found cognates between Romanian and Macedonian dialect of South Slavic,that are not common with other languages and are used for folk terms,for example,Carpati mountains with Karpata - rock from Macedonian South Slavic dialect.
Also it was noticed that were Roman Empire did not conquered Romania/Dacia, zapada which is a word that is cognate with a Slavic term is used for snow,while where Roman Empire conquered Romania, nea is used for snow,which is cognate to Romance languages.

Dacians were allied to Sarmatians which were also on Dacia/Romania lands so I think Albanian is rather closed to Sarmatian language,than to Dacian language.

Bojar (BR) comes from Slavic "Boj", this is also general 'indo european' word... which means "fighter"(killer; soldier; slayer), "fight", hence "Vojna"(Vojnik, Bojnik; soldier in betatism) or War (Voar; Boar (Borba; fight). Vojnik, Vojska, Bojna. Cities were generally called "Bor"; Maribor, Branibor (Brandenburg), they were surrounded with a wall and generally with a castle in the middle. (o)Bramba is "protection" and "boriti" is "to fight".
The transliteration in Rig Vedic Sanskrit was "Bhara" भर (Bor);
bolyars; Bulkyar -(u)Bil; Val (Valkyrie); "to slain, to kill"...

Avars transmuted many "Indo European" words in their own way; I have already explained the word Kniaz; Konyaz, Konig; Khan in this Thread:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/26108-Thoughts-from-Klyosov-R1b-data-and-the-IE-problem/page3

your Bor is the equal to an English Borough or Italian Borgo..........these are usually small walled villages with artisans working for a nobleman, blacksmiths, silk makers, glass makers, armourers etc ( usually only about 30 to 50 families). My family moved into Borgo Ruga ( Ruga was surname of nobleman ) around 1820 as silk-makers and rope makers and made a very good profitable living, enough to buy a lot of land. Borgo Ruga has been around from the 14th century.

Yes some borough became towns then cities, some did not.

your Bor is the equal to an English Borough or Italian Borgo..........these are usually small walled villages with artisans working for a nobleman, blacksmiths, silk makers, glass makers, armourers etc ( usually only about 30 to 50 families). My family moved into Borgo Ruga ( Ruga was surname of nobleman ) around 1820 as silk-makers and rope makers and made a very good profitable living, enough to buy a lot of land. Borgo Ruga has been around from the 14th century.

very possible: it seems MARIBOR was named MARBURG too
by the way I-ve some doubts about the VERDUN automatical changes of V>>B (too magic sometimes)

Boyar; Bauer, Bor; Borean...

http://shrani.si/f/3b/gH/2Vxq6yEL/1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

tartar1.jpg

Linguistics. It's a science so it's not worth using soft arguments againist it, it pretty much crushes them. Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't make it false. But yeah, those are Albanian loanwords into Romanian. Romanian lanaguage and Albanian language have a history of being spoken next to each other before the Slavic migration. This is the answer to 'how' in your question. All langauges evolve over time and this evolution can be traced and reconstructed. The original form of Albanian has been recontructed, called Proto-Albanian. All those words in Albanian in the have an origin in the the proto form of the langauge. When Romanian loaned them, they were not in the original form, they had followed the Albanian evolution. This is how we know they were loanwords.

Linguistics. It's a science so it's not worth using soft arguments againist it, it pretty much crushes them. Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't make it false. But yeah, those are Albanian loanwords into Romanian. Romanian lanaguage and Albanian language have a history of being spoken next to each other before the Slavic migration. This is the answer to 'how' in your question. All langauges evolve over time and this evolution can be traced and reconstructed. The original form of Albanian has been recontructed, called Proto-Albanian. All those words in Albanian in the have an origin in the the proto form of the langauge. When Romanian loaned them, they were not in the original form, they had followed the Albanian evolution. This is how we know they were loanwords.

Romanians have something that can be easy compared common with South Slavs,words with same pronunciation and meaning.
(lots of words).
Thing is,some of this words are used for basic terms,used in day to day language. As for example the folk term for female sexual organ,common with Slavic.
Now please come with some kind of demonstration that shows how those words (that are closed to Albanian) were borrowed from Albanian in Romanian and where did that happened and when Romanians had contact with Albanians.

Romanians have something that can be easy compared common with South Slavs,words with same pronunciation and meaning.
(lots of words).
Thing is,some of this words are used for basic terms,used in day to day language. As for example the folk term for female sexual organ,common with Slavic.
Now please come with some kind of demonstration that shows how those words (that are closed to Albanian) were borrowed from Albanian in Romanian and where did that happened and when Romanians had contact with Albanians.

The words in common with Romanian and Slavic are Slavic loanwords. Sometimes Romanian loanwords into Slavic languages. Romanian is a Latin language. Languages spoken next to each other tend to resemble in pronunciation. I can take Basque and Spanish for example, they sound similar, yet Basque is not IE at all.

This is common knowledge among linguists (specialized in Albanian and/or Romanian), but ok. Let's take the example sorra ~ cioara.

1) Albanian 'sorra' derived from PIE *kwers-no meaning 'black'
2) From that evolved to *kwersna because languages evolve. This is a very early stage of Albanian, before the Romans entered the Balkans for the first time.
3) To keep it short, it kept evolving. k was palatalized (*k'swerna) then transformed into ts so we have the form *tswersna. After that it became *tšarsna and later *tšorna. Centuries have passed evolving, Romans have already conquered the Balkans. Note how the middle vowel evolves. This is an evolution attested written in Mysa, the transformation of IE long *e>e>a>o. See for example the evolution of *dhewa>*deva>dava>dova.
4) We know from Latin loanwords *rn>*rr in Albanian, example furnus>furra. /rr/ in Albanian is the same as Spanish /rr/, different from /r/, just FYI. Thus , we also know *tšorna became *tšorra. /tš/ is pronounced like Romanian /ci/
5) Thus *tšorra was loaned into Romanian as *tšora. Romanian did not differentiated between the two different r sounds Albanian had. This was circa 600 AD.
6) The Romanian form evolved into cioara, while the Albanian form into sorra. Romanian evolution of the middle vowel o>oa it's normal. For example Latin porta became Romanian poarta and so on. So is the Albanian evolution into s.

Even though the word was borrowed circa 600 AD, it doesn't mean this is when they first had contact. Romanian and Albanian have been neighbourinos up to at least 600AD.

Now, Romanian is a Latin language and would have not existed in the Balkans had the Romans not brought it. Latin entered the territory today known as Romania in 2nd century, maybe earlier due to trade not military conquering. So let's call this the time Romanian started existing as a languages (although technically it's the circa 5th century when Romanian kinds became a distinct language). From 2nd cetury to at least 7th has had contacts with Albanians, meaning 5 centuries. Or much less if you consider the origin of Romanian as a distinct language in the 5th century. This is when Romanian scholars consider it.

Politics and special cases aside, this is how languages born. There's a mother language, dialects are born in this language. Those dialects evolve and become so different, new languages are born and the cycle goes on. Some die in the process. By politics aside I meant languages like the case of China: it's obvious to linguists there's a shitton of different languages spoken derived from Mother Chinese, yet China refuses to call them different languages and considers them dialects. Another example is the one language called Serbo-Croatian which is called Croatian in Croatia, Serbian in Serbia, Bosnian in Bosnia despite they even use the same dialect as standard. By special cases meant something like the Nicaraguan sign language (can that one have dialects?).

Albanian language (thus the people who speak it as well) were under Latin influence for a long time but did not became Latin speakers. Pretty much everyone under the Roman Empire did though. It happened.

This thread has been viewed 206370 times.

Back