British made Pizza Italy's No1 Selling Brand

edao

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H
"Italians who like to boast that no one makes pizza quite like their mamma are facing up to the indigestible news that in Italy the most popular shop-bought example of the classic Neapolitan snack is likely to have started life in Lancashire.

Yesterday it emerged that the Ristorante brand produced by the German food conglomerate Dr Oetker at its plant on an industrial estate just off the M6 is the best-selling frozen pizza in a country synonymous with passion and pride in food."

read article

:shocked: MAMA MIA!

OMG!

Dr Oetker is a well known junk food producer in Germany! Even for German standards it resembles lower quality food, I can't believe they are able to open markets abroad.

OMG!

Dr Oetker is a well known junk food producer in Germany! Even for German standards it resembles lower quality food, I can't believe they are able to open markets abroad.

It's funny because here they sell them in Lidl for £2 but cross the road to Sainsbury or Tesco the same brand is £4, suddenly a premium product. British poeple will eat anything especially Scots.:ramen:

It's funny because here they sell them in Lidl for £2 but cross the road to Sainsbury or Tesco the same brand is £4, suddenly a premium product. British poeple will eat anything especially Scots.:ramen:

Yeah it's the same here! BTW I didn't know you also have Lidl, it's amazing!

Well, I tasted the real stuff in Italy, and believe me, there is a lot of difference with the cheap Supermarket pizza's.

But everywhere people are getting into "ping" food. Just hop it in the microwave oven, and here you go.
Fast food, with no quality.
But who cares.

This thread has been viewed 8699 times.

Back