Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: What if Germany had won the war?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    edao's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-02-10
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    442
    Points
    32,029
    Level
    55
    Points: 32,029, Level: 55
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: UK - Scotland



    What if Germany had won the war?

    Would Europe be a better place to live if Germany had won the war?

    Would a united Europe run by Germany have stopped America dominating the world in the way it has over the last 50 years?

    What role would a German Empire have played in the cold war?

    Would we be speaking German and would that be a bad thing?

    Looking at the current crisis Germany seems by far to be the best run country in Europe, they now seem to be dictating terms of economic management to half of Europe via the back door. Germany are now turning away from Nuclear power and have an economy based more on manufacturing real things instead of playing with number in financial casinos.

    This is a what if discussion, I'm not pro-Nazi.

  2. #2
    Banned Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    23-01-11
    Location
    Moscow
    Age
    29
    Posts
    249
    Points
    3,121
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,121, Level: 16
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 12.0%


    Ethnic group
    Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses
    Country: Russian Federation



    Quote Originally Posted by edao View Post
    Would Europe be a better place to live if Germany had won the war?
    Most likely that Europe could turn into a radioactive desert because for USA would be much easier to nuke nazis than fight in conventional war + Europe with nazis domination is place without Slavic nations, Jews and in such case Europe totally depend from brain of one mad dictator with extremely racist views, his sick head could one day give birth to the idea that all countries which has been defeated by Germany have not right to exist because they are "inferior race".
    Just check casualties of USSR, there in 2 times more civilian casualties than military. This shows the methods and intentions of the Wehrmacht.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Blanton's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-12-11
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    5

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2b1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Celtic Germanic
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Anton, Bear's den View Post
    Most likely that Europe could turn into a radioactive desert because for USA would be much easier to nuke nazis than fight in conventional war + Europe with nazis domination is place without Slavic nations, Jews and in such case Europe totally depend from brain of one mad dictator with extremely racist views, his sick head could one day give birth to the idea that all countries which has been defeated by Germany have not right to exist because they are "inferior race".
    Just check casualties of USSR, there in 2 times more civilian casualties than military. This shows the methods and intentions of the Wehrmacht.
    Where do you think the ability to produce nuclear weapons came from? Which country developed the first jet aircraft?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-10-10
    Posts
    390


    Country: Canada



    Poland wouldn't exist and the slavs would have faced extinction in eastern europe. Hitler didn't like them.

  5. #5
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    638
    Points
    12,666
    Level
    34
    Points: 12,666, Level: 34
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by edao View Post
    Would Europe be a better place to live if Germany had won the war?
    Are you a t roll?

    Looking at the current crisis Germany seems by far to be the best run country in Europe, they now seem to be dictating terms of economic management to half of Europe via the back door. Germany are now turning away from Nuclear power and have an economy based more on manufacturing real things instead of playing with number in financial casinos.
    This is a paradox! If Germany had won the war then, it would still be a dictatorship now and wouldn't care about people's concerns about nuclear power. It wouldn't even try to fix financial problems in a domestic way, but just take what it needs from other people in the world (after they got mass-murdered).

  6. #6
    Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    edao's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-02-10
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    442
    Points
    32,029
    Level
    55
    Points: 32,029, Level: 55
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: UK - Scotland



    Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu mchagga View Post
    Are you a t roll?
    No, are you?


    This is a paradox! If Germany had won the war then, it would still be a dictatorship now and wouldn't care about people's concerns about nuclear power.
    That's a pretty big asumption, Spain and Portugal had dictators into the 70's and are now democratic, I find it unlikely Germany would have remained undemocratic into contemporary times.

  7. #7
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    638
    Points
    12,666
    Level
    34
    Points: 12,666, Level: 34
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by edao View Post
    No, are you?



    That's a pretty big asumption, Spain and Portugal had dictators into the 70's and are now democratic, I find it unlikely Germany would have remained undemocratic into contemporary times.
    Mmh, it's left to a lot of speculation what would have happened if...
    We can't even tell how a successor of Hitler would have managed politics differently. However, I would take strong distance to speculation if Europe would be a better place now.
    I don't know, what is your personal opinion? How do you define "better"?

  8. #8
    Viscount Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    iapetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-01-11
    Location
    Katerini Pieria Makedonia
    Posts
    890
    Points
    5,706
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,706, Level: 22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Greeks
    Country: Greece



    Hahahahaha
    they would invade Savanah USA

  9. #9
    Viscount Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Carlitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-10
    Location
    Occident.
    Posts
    857
    Points
    7,499
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,499, Level: 25
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a3 V22+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

    Ethnic group
    Ethnic group of those who are going to die.
    Country: Spain



    If Germany had won the war once it has been possible there would have been another war or revolution or any other type of survey.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered

    Join Date
    17-06-11
    Posts
    3


    Country: USA - Louisiana



    There would be no Jews all over the world, Russia would be a part of Germany, so it's great that Russia beat the hmm, everything out of Hitler

    watch Internet TV
    free online tv

  11. #11
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-05-11
    Posts
    142


    Country: France



    What if Germany had won the war?

    If the NAZIS had won the war:
    No childhood...
    No adolescence...
    Patriarchal society...
    No technology...
    No drugs (except maybe alcohol and cigarettes)...
    No arts...
    One book...
    One color...
    One way of life...

    And a huge cramp in the right arm...

  12. #12
    Viscount Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Carlitos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-10
    Location
    Occident.
    Posts
    857
    Points
    7,499
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,499, Level: 25
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a3 V22+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c

    Ethnic group
    Ethnic group of those who are going to die.
    Country: Spain



    If I had won the war with no end these policies have been good enough and would have entered a self-destructive spiral, somewhere would have come a liberator or freedom would finally lost again the battle for no reason.

  13. #13
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    66
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    There is no chance that Germany would ever have won the war.

    The English and Americans invaded Europe on 6-6-1944 because the Russian Army was too successful in that period in beating the Germans. That's why the Anglo-Americans had to hurry to get a piece of the cake.
    As a result, a lot of spies, double spies and other German scum got infiltrated in the CIA.

    And those bastards rule the world until today!

  14. #14
    Viscount Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    iapetoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-01-11
    Location
    Katerini Pieria Makedonia
    Posts
    890
    Points
    5,706
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,706, Level: 22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Greeks
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    There is no chance that Germany would ever have won the war.

    The English and Americans invaded Europe on 6-6-1944 because the Russian Army was too successful in that period in beating the Germans. That's why the Anglo-Americans had to hurry to get a piece of the cake.
    As a result, a lot of spies, double spies and other German scum got infiltrated in the CIA.

    And those bastards rule the world until today!


    Hahaha don't say that date, Christians will curse you,
    kidding, you are a satanic creature

    6 6 1944 1944=1+9+4+4=18= 3x6

    6 6 666 the number of the beast ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    the above is for fun and not even think about it, as conspiracy.

  15. #15
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-05-11
    Posts
    142


    Country: France



    Or:

    6 6 1944 = 6+6+1+9+4+4 = 6+9+6+1+4+4 = 6+9+6+9 = 2x69!!!

    Crazy tongues numbers!!!

    ...sorry......I'm going to split...

  16. #16
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    638
    Points
    12,666
    Level
    34
    Points: 12,666, Level: 34
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    There is no chance that Germany would ever have won the war.

    The English and Americans invaded Europe on 6-6-1944 because the Russian Army was too successful in that period in beating the Germans. That's why the Anglo-Americans had to hurry to get a piece of the cake.
    As a result, a lot of spies, double spies and other German scum got infiltrated in the CIA.

    And those bastards rule the world until today!


    Somehow I had to think about you, Reinaert, when I heard this song first!

  17. #17
    Elite member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Antigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-11
    Posts
    449
    Points
    4,435
    Level
    19
    Points: 4,435, Level: 19
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Greece



    Reinaert makes a decent point, the Nazi scientists who were smuggled out of Germany and into the US are responsible for the advances in western weaponry and space programmes etc. So in a sense the war wasn't lost, just continued under a different banner.

  18. #18
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    66
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
    Reinaert makes a decent point, the Nazi scientists who were smuggled out of Germany and into the US are responsible for the advances in western weaponry and space programmes etc. So in a sense the war wasn't lost, just continued under a different banner.
    Hmm, no it is worse the CIA asked former Nazi officers to work for them. So Nazi spies could tell a lot of lies about the Soviet Union, and the USA bought that shit, and so the cold war started.

    The reason why the Nazi's never could win the war, was a simple logistic problem.
    They couldn't keep up producing enough materials to fight on.

    Another point is, they wasted a lot of technology and materials in rather inefficient weapons.
    V1 and V2 were a military blunder.
    Armored vehicles were too complex in maintenance.

    But the main reason is what Churchill once said.. "Don't kill Hitler, because he is our best general!"
    Of course it was a joke, but it had a serious undertone.
    Churchill was right.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Bodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-08-11
    Location
    Praia , Cape Verde
    Posts
    504
    Points
    4,934
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,934, Level: 20
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b-Din
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Srbin
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaert View Post
    Hmm, no it is worse the CIA asked former Nazi officers to work for them. So Nazi spies could tell a lot of lies about the Soviet Union, and the USA bought that shit, and so the cold war started.

    The reason why the Nazi's never could win the war, was a simple logistic problem.
    They couldn't keep up producing enough materials to fight on.

    Another point is, they wasted a lot of technology and materials in rather inefficient weapons.
    V1 and V2 were a military blunder.
    Armored vehicles were too complex in maintenance.

    But the main reason is what Churchill once said.. "Don't kill Hitler, because he is our best general!"
    Of course it was a joke, but it had a serious undertone.
    Churchill was right.
    Yes but you forgot to mention that USA and GB created Hitler so he could defeat comunistic SSSR , and then atacked him when he atack on Poland together with SSSR . Nacies had grown out from millitary movement that stoped spreading of comunism in Central and west Europe after I WW - remember Hungarian soviet republic , Bavarian soviet republic and Spartacid rebelion in Berlin under Rossa Luxemburg , if there was not Ernest Rem and Cornelius Kodreanu comunism will be all over Europe.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Bodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-08-11
    Location
    Praia , Cape Verde
    Posts
    504
    Points
    4,934
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,934, Level: 20
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b-Din
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Srbin
    Country: Serbia



    There wouldnt be any diference betwen today Europe and Europe if Hitler would won , ofcourse he was dictator , and there wouldnt be freedom , but is Europe today really free and democratic with polithical corectnes and cameras that catch every move .

  21. #21
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    ultralars's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-07-11
    Location
    Mandal
    Age
    25
    Posts
    52


    Ethnic group
    North Germanic
    Country: Norway



    Quote Originally Posted by Bodin View Post
    Yes but you forgot to mention that USA and GB created Hitler so he could defeat comunistic SSSR , and then atacked him when he atack on Poland together with SSSR . Nacies had grown out from millitary movement that stoped spreading of comunism in Central and west Europe after I WW - remember Hungarian soviet republic , Bavarian soviet republic and Spartacid rebelion in Berlin under Rossa Luxemburg , if there was not Ernest Rem and Cornelius Kodreanu comunism will be all over Europe.
    that is crazy and makes no sense at all, Hitler was not created by USA and GB, he rose to power from the fact that germany felt it was betrayed, had a ruined economy, ruined nationalistic view,etc. The reason he attained dictatorship is simply incidental, The president died and he refused to vote inn a new one. It's true that if he hasn't rose to power communism would spread wild, remember that the idea of communism is German( karl marx). But it's ridiculous to think that USA created a front figgure like Hitler to make the country not communistic, if it was true then it doesn't make sense that Hitler was a socialist.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Bodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-08-11
    Location
    Praia , Cape Verde
    Posts
    504
    Points
    4,934
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,934, Level: 20
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b-Din
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Srbin
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by ultralars View Post
    that is crazy and makes no sense at all, Hitler was not created by USA and GB, he rose to power from the fact that germany felt it was betrayed, had a ruined economy, ruined nationalistic view,etc. The reason he attained dictatorship is simply incidental, The president died and he refused to vote inn a new one. It's true that if he hasn't rose to power communism would spread wild, remember that the idea of communism is German( karl marx). But it's ridiculous to think that USA created a front figgure like Hitler to make the country not communistic, if it was true then it doesn't make sense that Hitler was a socialist.
    It is nice to meet a man who still believe in coincidences .I just said USA and GB made Hitler ( for fight against comunism ) , not that they bringed him to rule -that was unpredictable event , they expect him to stay minor political anomaly , your point was god - social climate made him grove from insignificant , marginal, militaristic group to numerous party that could block work of Parlament by living the sessions
    Yes I know comunism is German idea . When Hitler was created he was not front figure - he was just colporal with talent to speack and few hundreds folowers ( you probably know he was send in party by secret service ) . Well Hitlers party was socialistic only by name ( NSDAP) , but his folowers were greatest enemies of Socialists and Comunists . Remember Ernest Rem and SA .
    Thanks for answering

  23. #23
    Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-12-10
    Location
    Brabant
    Age
    66
    Posts
    768

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

    Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic
    Country: Netherlands



    Yes, he is magnificent!

  24. #24
    Banned Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    23-01-11
    Location
    Moscow
    Age
    29
    Posts
    249
    Points
    3,121
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,121, Level: 16
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 12.0%


    Ethnic group
    Northern Russians - Slavonic & Finno-Ugric mixture, but hell it's just my guesses
    Country: Russian Federation



    Warning, Hitler has been detected

    Attachment 4904

  25. #25
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    13-11-09
    Posts
    110
    Points
    9,627
    Level
    29
    Points: 9,627, Level: 29
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Scotland



    I would'nt be posting this as Scotland would have been wiped out; the Nazis considered the Celtic Nations to be on a par with Jews, Slavs etc.

    Might have had something to do with the nasty habit Scottish, Welsh and Irish soldiers had of giving Biblical kickings to the "ubermenschen" Waffen SS...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. R-L21* in Germany Thus Far
    By rms2 in forum R1b
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-05-19, 17:47
  2. Germany - Land of culture
    By Reinaert in forum European Culture & History
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-09-11, 00:12
  3. Cheap way to get from Germany to France
    By lindatt in forum Travelling & Living in Europe
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-09, 18:27
  4. Germany to fingerprint its own citizens
    By Maciamo in forum EU politics & government
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-07, 14:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •