In the very recent study of Garcia et al. 2011, for France :

mtDNA U6

U6a1/a2/a3 Perigord-Limousin (Limousin) 1.4 %
Finist?re (Brittany) 0.7 %
U6a France Miscellanea 0.6 %

Let's make a summary so far...

Western Andalucia 18%

Let's show again how that false "18%" got into that Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Haplogroup_E1b1b_(Y-DNA)&diff=438901867&oldid=436450507

Before Pinocchio's vandalism:

Its frequencies are higher in the western half of the peninsula with frequencies reaching 8% in [[Extremadura]] and South Portugal, 9% in [[Galicia (Spain)|Galicia]], 10% in Western [[Andalusia]]

After Pinocchio's vandalism:

Its frequencies are higher in the western half of the peninsula with frequencies reaching 8% in [[Extremadura]] and South Portugal, 9% in [[Galicia (Spain)|Galicia]], 18% in Western [[Andalusia]]

Oh my, it is there not from any of the studies he keeps referring to but because our good ol' friend Pinocchio put it there with his "Galician77" vandal account. I guess you should have looked into WikiPedia's workings a bit better before trying such tricks, clown. All changes to an article are recorded.

The nose, Pinocchio, the nose!

oTdOZ.jpg

I focus now on the Iberian peninsula, which is what interests me most. However if someone wants to contribute with data from their respective countries, are welcome.

You should stop worrying so much about a country that is obviously not yours and focus on your real ancestral land. And Eupedia has "pooled" the pertinent data on it from several genetic studies:

Italy (as a whole): 11%

North Italy: 11%

Central Italy: 10%

South Italy: 18%

Sicily: 17.5%

You should stop worrying so much about a country that is obviously not yours and focus on your real ancestral land. And Eupedia has "pooled" the pertinent data on it from several genetic studies:

what figures are these from

thank you.

Is there a huge difference between the catalans and the castilians for E ( or any other marker ?)

It seems to be lower in Catalonia than in Castile. Frequencies vary from study to study (one study for example found 0 among Catalonians, yet another one found 6.1%)

Probably Catalunya has increased the average due specially to the Andalusian inmigrants in the last 50 years. Without this, the E % would be insignificant.

Probably Catalunya has increased the average due specially to the Andalusian inmigrants in the last 50 years. Without this, the E % would be insignificant.

In Catalonia there are emigrants of the whole Spain. I believe that in the genetic studies that do to a region it is born in mind that the native ones to which it goes away to realize the test take in the zone a considerable time. Because if at present the genetic studies bore Spain in mind to the Moroccan immigration the M-81 in Spain it would rise for the clouds.

Let's make a summary so far. I focus now on the Iberian peninsula, which is what interests me most. However if someone wants to contribute with data from their respective countries, are welcome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E1b1b_(Y-DNA) (specifically E-M81)

Valle del Pas (Cantabria) 18-41%
Western Andalucia 18%
NW of Leon 18%
Cantabria 9-17%
Galicia 9%
Extremadura 8%
South of Portugal 8%
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can write there. Try to find peer reviewed studies. You have Andalusia wrong. In the study of Cruciani et al. 2004 they found 1.6 % of E-M81 in Andalusians

Eupedia (haplogroup E)
http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

Spain (overall) 7%
Andalucia 10%
Basques 1%
Cantabria 11%
Galicia 22%

If anyone knows more details, please share them with us.
Yes, I do have more details, these are the countries in Europe with equal or more total haplogroup E than Spain :

Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Portugal, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can write there. Try to find peer reviewed studies. You have Andalusia wrong. In the study of Cruciani et al. 2004 they found 1.6 % of E-M81 in Andalusians

Yes, I do have more details, these are the countries in Europe with equal or more total haplogroup E than Spain :

Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Cyprus, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Portugal, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine

why ? MAKEDONIA IS NOT GREECE?

I know what you mean Carlitos. We cannot be sure about the samples used by the different sources to show haplogroup E in Catalunya. Note that today, it's quite difficult to find people in Catalunya with four grandparents who can be considered ethnic Catalans. The influence from other parts of the Peninsula and, specially Andalusia (there are reports about this during Franco's goverment saying that it was significant), makes difficult to pick good samples for this.

For example in my case, I'm ethnic Catalan in 3 sides (going back hundreds of years, not a joke), and my paternal grandfather was from Murcia. Comparing this with the vast majority of people who live in Catalunya today, I have more Catalan ancestry than the rest in average. Just get and idea how the things works, and the difficulty to get adequate Catalan samples, wich I'm sure would show insignificant levels of haplogroup E.

My mother for example, would be a very good Catalan example since I traced her line and appears 100% Catalan going deep in time. I'm thinking in test her one day too, like I did myself, and see what the results show. Of course I won't get information about her paternal line, my primarly interest is admixture analysis.

In this website Catalonia has a total of 3% E, which is extremely low, is the same level as Estonia or Denmark

Yes, very low, and without knowing the real Catalan ancestry, wich I'm sure just a few of them would be ethnic Catalans on 4 sides.

Let's show again how that false "18%" got into that Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Haplogroup_E1b1b_(Y-DNA)&diff=438901867&oldid=436450507

Before Pinocchio's vandalism:

Its frequencies are higher in the western half of the peninsula with frequencies reaching 8% in [[Extremadura]] and South Portugal, 9% in [[Galicia (Spain)|Galicia]], 10% in Western [[Andalusia]]

After Pinocchio's vandalism:

Its frequencies are higher in the western half of the peninsula with frequencies reaching 8% in [[Extremadura]] and South Portugal, 9% in [[Galicia (Spain)|Galicia]], 18% in Western [[Andalusia]]

Oh my, it is there not from any of the studies he keeps referring to but because our good ol' friend Pinocchio put it there with his "Galician77" vandal account. I guess you should have looked into WikiPedia's workings a bit better before trying such tricks, clown. All changes to an article are recorded.

oTdOZ.jpg

Obviously, Pinocchio II is a pathological liar. A malicious fraudster.

He will enjoy with all these reports. I can imagine the scene...

sad-clown.jpg

I guess you ignored my previous post about I (Y-DNA) in Portugal. You keep harping on levels of E in Iberia but ignore regions with high levels of I, which is much more common in Northern European populations. The Braga region alone is almost 18% I.

In any case, haplogroup frequencies do not govern phenotype. Game over, charlatan.
Some areas of Castille (close to South Aragon) have reported 30% if haplogroup I,

New Pinocchio, we've been over this lie before. You got caught red-handed altering a WikiPedia article. The only reason it says "18%" is because YOU put it there with your "Galician77" Vandal account, no one else. None of the studies you keep stupidly referring to say any such thing. Even for just this single act of malicious dishonesty, you should be banned (but I am sure the moderators will keep on tolerating your very obvious t-r-o-l-l-i-n-g for reasons only known to them.)

oTdOZ.jpg
That's why Wikipedia genetic articles are so crap, because any crackpot like this can go there and manipulate. It's full of afrocentrists, nordicists and anti-spaniards. Clowns.

Some areas of Castille (close to South Aragon) have reported 30% if haplogroup I,

That's why Wikipedia genetic articles are so crap, because any crackpot like this can go there and manipulate. It's full of afrocentrists, nordicists and anti-spaniards. Clowns.

Yes, I read that there is a hot-spot of I (Y-DNA) in Castilla.

The highest frequencies in Portugal are found in the Braga (about 18%) and Braganca (16%) regions. Galicia also has some high levels of I.

I know what you mean Carlitos. We cannot be sure about the samples used by the different sources to show haplogroup E in Catalunya. Note that today, it's quite difficult to find people in Catalunya with four grandparents who can be considered ethnic Catalans. The influence from other parts of the Peninsula and, specially Andalusia (there are reports about this during Franco's goverment saying that it was significant), makes difficult to pick good samples for this.

For example in my case, I'm ethnic Catalan in 3 sides (going back hundreds of years, not a joke), and my paternal grandfather was from Murcia. Comparing this with the vast majority of people who live in Catalunya today, I have more Catalan ancestry than the rest in average. Just get and idea how the things works, and the difficulty to get adequate Catalan samples, wich I'm sure would show insignificant levels of haplogroup E.

My mother for example, would be a very good Catalan example since I traced her line and appears 100% Catalan going deep in time. I'm thinking in test her one day too, like I did myself, and see what the results show. Of course I won't get information about her paternal line, my primarly interest is admixture analysis.

If it talks each other on a study of E - M81 in Catalonia, it is of imagining that the scientists will have used samples of native persons that could demonstrate that they are native of Catalonia in generations and without genetic contributions of the emigration of the rest of Spain, probably the scientists bear that in mind to obtain accurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 154576 times.

Back