J's where are you from?

I'm J1c3b2 and my maternal line ancestor seven generations back was born in central London around 1777. She had a typically English name and gave her children Anglican baptisms, suggesting that her English ethnicity went further back.

Hi Just accidently got here.. newie I am. I am from the J1C group Maternal. and Paternal E-V13-and2JBI Going back 16,500years so much to occupy my mind with ...fascinating stuff I luv it must come back here soon. regards to all, PS Also Adamo you have some of my lineage there thank you Silverbird

J1cThats me!

Hi Grandpa Broon hopefully you have a good ol Scottish sense of humour as patience is needed to correspond with me.I have my lineage way back when...If you browse back to ADAMO message on this board here you will see my heritage -DNA there well most of it...I go back hundreds of years and are exited to find my ancestors /relations from everywhere haha are you? regards from Silverbird

Gee Nasturtiam that is so great..I will get there later thanking you from Silverbird

Bulgaria, My mother's group [h=2]J1c-C16261T[/h]
J1c-C16261T

Hello I am J1b3a my maternal ancestor lived in Belgium 1688.

I am just J1. My mother's family come from Andalusia.

Hi everyone am new here, tried the above links and couldn't get on. I've been working on my genealogy since before computers, but am not understanding all the genetics and mutations, terminology. I did test with FTDNA and am J1c5. But not many people seems to test with ancestors in Belgium I've no matches except my 1st cousin. (except a couple closer autsomal?) on paternal side. I have tracked and verified starting with my maternal grandmother born in Antwerp, back to early 1600's. I'm getting more verification for last 2 generations. Am hoping to go back further, want to find where my line came from before Antwerp.

Hi everyone am new here, tried the above links and couldn't get on. I've been working on my genealogy since before computers, but am not understanding all the genetics and mutations, terminology. I did test with FTDNA and am J1c5. But not many people seems to test with ancestors in Belgium I've no matches except my 1st cousin. (except a couple closer autsomal?) on paternal side. I have tracked and verified starting with my maternal grandmother born in Antwerp, back to early 1600's. I'm getting more verification for last 2 generations. Am hoping to go back further, want to find where my line came from before Antwerp.

I'm J-L70. My Perrin family was established in Languedoc France.

Hi - I'm J1C1, and ancestors since c1850 came mainly from North East England. I live in the south of England.
Before that, they came to this area from several places - Ireland, Scotland, North West England - because of the Industrial Revolution.
DNA matches etc. seem to indicate that older ancestors came from Central Europe, likely via Vikings and Romans.

J1c7a from Seal, Kent, UK :)

This thread has been viewed 27195 times.

Back