J's where are you from?

Nasturtium

Reaction score
Ethnic group
UK/German/Irish
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c3i
I've been threatening to do this for a long time, and now I've done it. I created an interactive Google Spreadsheet to track the subclades of J. Please add yourself and list the ancestral homeland of your oldest maternal line ancestor - I'd like to limit the colonies (US, Canada, etc) if possible but if it's all you've got, go ahead. Anyone can edit it, so if you need to add a column for a subclade I don't have listed, do it. I just ask that you do it in a logical manner so that that it flows by each new mutation. As we collect data, I will add pivot tables to chart the results. Thanks!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...x3EVHdGJkd3ptRVhDSll2WHFocmg0SU0taUE&hl=en_US

Here is a compilation of J's in the world I did based on a study released last year:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...WG95d1QtZktweXdSQXc&hl=en_US&authkey=CITr4sMO

Is it to DNA Y or also mitochondrial DNA?

Thanks, although I did test at 37, with the prediction I'm definitely sent J possessing mutations: 16069T, 295T, 489C

Hi Nasturtium, I'm J1c3 (according to 23andme). As you can see I am from Kosovo, Albanian. Still have not found out how did J1c3 end up in my family.

Mtdna J is found at its highest frequencies 25 or so%) in the Fertile Crescent ( northern Middle East.) then a 20% coat of J extends across much of the Arabian peninsula, and parts of extreme western Iran and the Caucasus. Oddly enough, this 15-20% coat also extends into parts of east and west Central Europe, affecting countries such as Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Slovakia, parts of extreme south-western Russia, Poland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Austria parts of Bulgaria. Then a weaker 10-15% zone spreads across the extreme southern Arabian peninsula, most of Iran, and in Europe this between 10-15% of females affects Denmark, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina much of central England.by the time we reach the entirety of Italy and central France, levels drop to a definite 10%. Past central France ( Spain, Portugal) levels start to drop to 5% and less. J is found from the Arabian peninsula as Far East as the Indus Valley and all the way to eastern and Northern Europe. It is a signature of the Neolithic period (movement took place 10,000 years ago). The highest diversity for hg J is in the Middle East, indicating a point of origin there.

Grazalema, Andalusia Spain but all my genetic matches are from Álava, Guipuzcoa, Navarra, Aragón, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and England, except for one match in the Guadalquivir valley and another in a town in Granada, but it is a population that suffered a strong repopulation from the north of Spain after the expulsions of Moriscos, I also learned that Grazalema (Cádiz) was repopulated with people from the province of Seville.

What I do not understand is that with the Spanish matches it is 12 chromosomes and with the matches of the British Isles to 37 chromosomes, since the test I have it to 37, probably when it increases to 67 I get even more genetic closeness.

J1c2b, maternal line origin in County Waterford, Ireland. It was there for many many years until great-great-grandmother Nellie Ryan shipped up to Boston in the 1890s, having 13 children, spreading her mitochondria all over New England, where I was born and live to this day. She might have even spoken Gaelic, as her birth certificate was bilingual in English and Irish Gaelic.

My Maternal Grandpa [h=2]J1c-C16261T from Bulgaria :)[/h]

I am Kosovar Albanian, and J1C2e is my fathers MTDNA.. (lots of Croatian MTDNA matches)
J1c5c is my own MTDNA with only one Greek match.
Full MTDNA sequence with FTDNA.

J1c5a here from Switzerland, Mother is originally from Eastern Germany ( Dresden ). Hey Moonmaiden!

I'm J1c5a and my mother line is from the West Country of England for many generations.

J1c8 from British Isles or France, from Maine but the maternal surname Currier (5 gens back) sound French

Hi all. I'm a straight J. No further subclades. Can't find any info on other representetives. Seems like this haplogroup is almost extinct.

This thread has been viewed 27223 times.

Back