Alexander the Great Statue in Skopje

i can not read the greek script
and how the hack you wanne know the haplogroups of the ancient macedonians hahaha
this comes not from me the macedonians are a pelasgian tribe pre-hellenic which were considered as barbars by the new formed hellens

http://books.google.de/books?id=L6x...Ag#v=onepage&q=macedonians barbarians&f=false

you are the only on complaining like a child this is a seriouse historical discussion so dont spam

How I know?

Maybe I am a carrier of that HG.
and both geographical and genetical show that.

hahahahah none of the authors is albanian
go here see the authors: http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

reality is not propaganda
alexander was illyrian-macedonian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek[/QUOTE

He uses interchangebly two concepts Greek and Hellen. Aleksander was not a Hellen, he was a Macedonin. Macedonians were a people related to Thracians and Illyrians. At the time of Alexander, hellenisation of Macedonia was in full force. The proces ended in the 4th centuary. It appears that Alexander was hellenised. The same way like Pirro Dhima today. An self hater Albanian that calls themself Greek. Pirro for greeks is always an Alvanos, for the Alvanos is a fake greek.

hahahahah none of the authors is albanian
go here see the authors: http://alexanderthegreat.wordpress.com/

reality is not propaganda
alexander was illyrian-macedonian

macedonians are older than hellens so its completly unlogical to call him greek[/QUOTE

He uses interchangebly two concepts Greek and Hellen. Aleksander was not a Hellen, he was a Macedonin. Macedonians were a people related to Thracians and Illyrians. At the time of Alexander, hellenisation of Macedonia was in full force. The proces ended in the 4th centuary. It appears that Alexander was hellenised. The same way like Pirro Dhima today. An self hater Albanian that calls themself Greek. Pirro for greeks is always an Alvanos, for the Alvanos is a fake greek.

Boring,

Πυρρος and Πυρειος Νικη are terms wide common in Greek, and Πυρρος was King of Epirus who wanted to be Alexander of West and try unified Magna Grecia,
the rest is your imagination,

I am against what Scopje is doing - they should stop this conflict with Greece

So, until we settle who were Illyrians (which BTW never existed by that name) there is no point of talking about Alexander.
Albanopolis claims they are todays Albanians. Do words Eurydica, Teuta or Agron mean something in Albanian?

A lot of my friends from EU are ridiculing the installations that are going on in Skopje center. One of the names that they gave was "Macedonian Disneyland". A belated forced identity creation.

Its not that they love Alexander and his Empire. They want to create a national identity which they lack.( Actually they are a mixture of Bullgarians and serbs). But Alexander will not make the trick to give them the identity. 30 % of macedonia's population is Albanian and another 20% Gypsy, Turkish, Torbeshi and many more. So for half of the population Alexander is an intruder not a hero. Anyway their bussines. But I am amazed with their courage in the age of internet.

You lack the knowledge on Macedonians and the demographics of the Republic of Macedonia. First of All: the Slavs of Macedonia are historically, genetically, linguistically and culturally Bulgarians by ethnicity. Prior to the 1940's, the majority of our intellectuals and revolutionaries considered themselves Bulgarians with a very strong regional identity (Macedonian). The comintern changed all this.

Demographically, Macedonia is predominately Macedonian with 64.2%, followed by Albanians who are 25.2%. Roma (gypsies) are only 2.7%.

Get your facts right.

Macedonian researcher Dr Zlatko Jankovski found the following (quote):

"The analysis of the data has showed that residents of (FYR) Macedonia have the most similar DNA with Bulgarians and Serbs. "

http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=133236

I think, in one scientific study wrote that there are probability that Alexander the Great was E1b1b1a2 carrier.

I'm not sure if I can find it.

Macedonian researcher Dr Zlatko Jankovski found the following (quote):

"The analysis of the data has showed that residents of (FYR) Macedonia have the most similar DNA with Bulgarians and Serbs. "

I think, in one scientific study wrote that there are probability that Alexander the Great was E1b1b1a2 carrier.

I'm not sure if I can find it.

IIRC, they found Alexanders fathers bones who was E1b1b1a2 , but this was shown not to be his father , Philip II

But ancient Macedonians - ( not the slavic ones now)
Genetic distances between populations (DA) between Macedonians and other populations (À10 2) obtained by using HLA-DRB1 allele frequencies (see Table 1 for populations
identification) HLA-DRB1 (DA)
Sardinians 17.66
Spaniards 17.76
Moroccan Jews 17.78
Non-Ashkenazi Jews 17.83
Lebanese (KZ) 20.98
Ashkenazi Jews 21.87
Algerians (Algiers) 22.37
Lebanese (NS) 23.29
Greeks (Attica) 23.69
Moroccans 25.47
Berbers (Souss) 28.50
Spanish-Basques 30.50
Greeks (Cyprus) 33.28
Greeks (Aegean) 37.52
South African Negroids 38.22
Senegalese 41.76
Oromo 43.26
Amhara 51.74
Mossi 53.46
Rimaibe 55.95
San (Bushmen) 57.78
Fulani 61.01

Our results show that Macedonians are related to other Mediterraneans and do not show a close relationship with Greeks; however they do with Cretans (Tables 3, 4, Figs 1–3). This supports the theory that Macedonians are one of the most ancient peoples existing in the Balkan peninsula, probably long before arrival of the Mycaenian Greeks (10) about 2000 B.C. Other possible explanation is that they might have shared a genetic background with the Greeks before an hypothetical admixture between Greeks and sub-Saharas might have occurred. The cultural, historical and genetic identity of Macedonians is established according to our results. However, 19th century historians focused all the culture in Greece ignoring all the other Mediterranean cultures present in the area long before the classical Greek one (25). Greeks are genetically related to sub-Saharans
Much to our surprise, the reason why Greeks did not show a close relatedness with all the other Mediterraneans analyzed (Tables 5, 6 and Figs 1–3) was their genetic relationship with sub-Saharan ethnic groups now residing in Ethiopia, Sudan and West Africa (Burki-na-Fasso).

IIRC, they found Alexanders fathers bones who was E1b1b1a2 , but this was shown not to be his father , Philip II

Genetic distances between populations (DA) between Macedonians and other populations (À10 2) obtained by using HLA-DRB1 allele frequencies (see Table 1 for populations
identification) HLA-DRB1 (DA)
Sardinians 17.66
Spaniards 17.76
Moroccan Jews 17.78
Non-Ashkenazi Jews 17.83
Lebanese (KZ) 20.98
Ashkenazi Jews 21.87
Algerians (Algiers) 22.37
Lebanese (NS) 23.29
Greeks (Attica) 23.69
Moroccans 25.47
Berbers (Souss) 28.50
Spanish-Basques 30.50
Greeks (Cyprus) 33.28
Greeks (Aegean) 37.52
South African Negroids 38.22
Senegalese 41.76
Oromo 43.26
Amhara 51.74
Mossi 53.46
Rimaibe 55.95
San (Bushmen) 57.78
Fulani 61.01

Our results show that Macedonians are related to other Mediterraneans and do not show a close relationship with Greeks; however they do with Cretans (Tables 3, 4, Figs 1–3). This supports the theory that Macedonians are one of the most ancient peoples existing in the Balkan peninsula, probably long before arrival of the Mycaenian Greeks (10) about 2000 B.C. Other possible explanation is that they might have shared a genetic background with the Greeks before an hypothetical admixture between Greeks and sub-Saharas might have occurred. The cultural, historical and genetic identity of Macedonians is established according to our results. However, 19th century historians focused all the culture in Greece ignoring all the other Mediterranean cultures present in the area long before the classical Greek one (25). Greeks are genetically related to sub-Saharans
Much to our surprise, the reason why Greeks did not show a close relatedness with all the other Mediterraneans analyzed (Tables 5, 6 and Figs 1–3) was their genetic relationship with sub-Saharan ethnic groups now residing in Ethiopia, Sudan and West Africa (Burki-na-Fasso).

It was another study. I will try to find it.

But ancient Greeks - (not christian turks now) or Ancient Romans - (not north african mixed modern Italians now)?

Are you saying modern macedonians are not ancient macedonians but modern greeks are ancient greeks?

NOW YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT AND WHO THE SLAVS ARE
(Is it a language, people, DNA or an identity by themselves or given by others?)

Last edited:
But ancient Greeks - (not christian turks now) or Ancient Romans - (not north african mixed modern Italians now)?

Are you saying modern macedonians are not ancient macedonians but modern greeks are ancient greeks?

NOW YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT AND WHO THE SLAVS ARE
(Is it a language, people, DNA or an identity by themselves or given by others?)

South Slavs: Serbs, Bosniacs and Croats are "brothers by blood", same origin, Y-DNA, it is proved.

And Macedonians too, you can read what one Macedonian scientist writes:

Montenegrins too, but one less part of Montenegrins are different, because they are closer to Geg Albanians.

Geg Albanians are different from all other peoples in the Balkans, even from Tosk Albanians.

This statue is clear anti-Greek provocation. Alexander was Macedonian Greek not a Macedonian Slav.
My thoughts exactly.Macedonian leaders should stick to solve their country's problems not promoting new ones.

Empress Catherine's father was German prince, so can Germans harm Russia by building Catherine the Great monument in Berlin? If they like her, let 'em built it all over Austria and Germany. I don't think anyone in Russia would consider that as anti Russian.

In Alexander's case it's even more futile, since we have no clear evidence of his connection with todays Macedonians. There is no reason for Greeks to get frowned. They gave so much to the world , they can spare a name for one country and a monument.

I see people are getting very historical in here, I am just a type of person who enjoys the sights I see and try not to think very much back, sometimes it is good just admire something without thinking why. Like the statue by the wa.

This thread has been viewed 42598 times.

Back