mtDNA K

Do you know by any chance what populations K1c2 is primarily found in? 23andme has been very uninformative. My maternal family came from England, if that's of any assistance.

Hi Keegah,

We need more samples and research concerning K and all its subclades, however, I think this link could be helpful for you: http://www.mitosearch.org/haplosearch_results.asp?uid=&haplo=K1c2&region=&submit=Search

There are just a few K1c2 samples at family tree, don't know if you found others at 23andme. As you can see, most of these results belong to people of English and Irish descent, and also people from the USA (likely White Americans with similar ancestry). It seems K1c has a more Northern distribution, although It's very surprising to find a K1c2 from Algeria...I really don't know what to think of this one.

To my experience, European subclades of K use to be quite widespread, and most times don't have representative presence anywhere. What seems to be clear is that K is part of Europe from at least the last glacial age in the Southern regions, despite the fact there are other subclades with Neolithic or post-Neolithic origins identified in the mentioned article: K1a4a1 and K1a1a (both not rare in Europe nowadays), are the result of previous late migrations from the Near East, while yours, mine, and many others, emerge from the earliest migrations of K from the Near East according to the data.

I'm also a k1c2 mtdna haplogroupe so I'm the first from Hungary and second from Slovakia.

I'm new here and write with tablet. Greetings

K2??

Hi ... newbie here!

Just received maternal DNA results back .... unintelligible mostly!!

Apparently am haplogroup K2b1a... ?!?!

Theres a lot of discussion re K1 here... anyone have any info or links to K2b1a origins?

Particualrly interested to know if there are links to Spain, Israel, Persia as me and my siblings feel a definite pull towards these areas ...more than Ireland!

Best
M

Mtdna K is characteristically of east European Ashkenazi Jewish women. It's found in 33% of Ashkenazi Jews and 17% in kurdistan, for example.

The K MtDNA you can find :

>>cant send links because i have only 2points<<

The K1C2 is a irish/english/nordic.. haplogroupe, only the K haplogroupe is an European/Asia haplogroup right:) the haplogroupe belongs to more parts like k1c and k2 ..... in this case every part belongs to a ethnicy..

This nice research from Mr. hurst i have found. The researcher writes obout a K1C2:

"Outside the British Isles, the major location was Scandinavia, where the three entries were in K1c2, as was the one from Germany. The one entry from Slovakia perhaps illustrates the mysterious wanderings of our distant ancestors."
from >>cant send links because i have only 2points<<

So you can see the K Haplogroupe

and with the mutations

and

So im a irish/english ethnicy. Its posibile that this nice women went to east-europa at the great famine in irland. Or the women killed somebody or robbery a bank. Or even she played forrest gump and walked a long way. Or she would finde the holy grail in hungary.

I really K1C2

I have some research pictures for K Haplogroupe if somebody interested for the hyperlinks i will send the hyperlinks.

bob

Mtdna K reaches a peak in frequency in south and east Europe globally. There's a 30% coat covering northern turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, parts of south-western Ukraine, Moldova, parts of Austria, Serbia, Czech republic. Once we reach eastern north Italy and western Germany bordering on France, 20% of females are hg K.the totality of France is within a 15% coat and once we reach Iberia and England, levels drop to 10%. Most of the Fertile Crescent extending well into western Iran has about 15% mtdna K. Mtdna K descends from a woman of the mtdna R branch, this woman lived some 20,000 years ago. Haplogroup K has different subgroups that have their own specific geographic homelands. Today they harbour specific European, North African, Indian and middle eastern components. Most members of mtdna hg K stem from a group of individuals that moved northwards out of the Middle East. They crossed the Caucasus mountains into Russia and began moving towards the Black Sea. Haplogroup K constitutes 3 of the 4 Ashkenazi Jewish female founder lineages. These three K lineages are rarely ever found outside of Jewish, Ashkenazi in particular, populations. Hg K is characteristically Ashkenazi Jewish because 50% of Ashkenazi Jews trace their mtdna to 4 women. 3 of those women where hg K.

Mtdna K oddly affects 15% of females across Afghanistan 12-15% about

K1b2

Hi! This is my first post, just getting into genetic analysis... DNA testing being done via Scotland's DNA, only mitochondrial so far. My grandfathers side is Stewart (waiting on Y analysis), and initial results of my grandmother are now in (results of deeper analysis due in September). Grandmothers line is a mix of Irish (Slaven) and Scot as far as I have tracked back (10-11 generations). Very surprised to find mtDNA is K1b2 (further typing is being done), which doesn't seem to be a common one- most people are K1a subtype. Is there anyone else here who is K1b2 or has information/good sites that I can look at? Thank You! Sarah

Hi! This is my first post, just getting into genetic analysis... DNA testing being done via Scotland's DNA, only mitochondrial so far. My grandfathers side is Stewart (waiting on Y analysis), and initial results of my grandmother are now in (results of deeper analysis due in September). Grandmothers line is a mix of Irish (Slaven) and Scot as far as I have tracked back (10-11 generations). Very surprised to find mtDNA is K1b2 (further typing is being done), which doesn't seem to be a common one- most people are K1a subtype. Is there anyone else here who is K1b2 or has information/good sites that I can look at? Thank You! Sarah

welcome

The best person who knows all the ins and outs of K MtDna is Bill
William Hurst [email protected]

we can guide you...............that's who I send my cousin to.

Bill is Always interested in new "K" people

Thank you Sile for the quick response! I just found I couldn't post (not enough points?) so this has to serve as my thanks :) I have emailed Bill with my details. Cheers, Sarah

Ah, here is another great K thread! My mtDNA is K1a19, origins Szczuczyn, Podlaskie, Poland. My closest match is with a K1a19 woman with origins in Suwalki, Poland - fairly close to Szczuczyn. Otherwise my K1a19 matches are distant: Two from Sicily, one from Ausonia Italy, one from Iran, two Jewish Kurds from Turkey, two from Portugal, one from Germany, and one with English origins.

I am K1A1B1A. I am supposedly 95% Ashkenazi Jew from the founding matriarchs. Anyone have info on my group?

Thanks

My husband's maternal line is K1c1 and I was just wondering if there is anything new on this line?

Grandma's DNA was K1a1a. So she was definitely an Ashkenazi Jew.

mtDNA K1a1a has been found in a Late Bronze Age individual buried in Ludas-Varjú-dűlő, Hungary, dated 1270-1110 B.C. and belonging to the Kyjatice Culture. His Y-DNA was J2a1. The closest population to him (BR2) on Gedmatch in various tools were the modern Austrians.

5IOpnhn.png

Hello everyone.
I had a test done at CRI Genetics and was informed that I am K. When I asked what subclade, I was toldit was just K, no subclades (They refuse to give me raw data). Is it possible at all? Where should I look for more information?

mtDNA K1a1a has been found in a Late Bronze Age individual buried in Ludas-Varjú-dűlő, Hungary, dated 1270-1110 B.C. and belonging to the Kyjatice Culture. His Y-DNA was J2a1. The closest population to him (BR2) on Gedmatch in various tools were the modern Austrians.

Hi Folks, newbie here.

Old thread, but I'm mtDNA K1b1b called ancient Irish/Welsh/Scot/Briton. My Mom was very dark complected, and could possibly be considered "Black Irish" (Indigenous Irish).

Has anyone learned any more about K1b1b and migration towards Ireland/Britain?

I'm wondering how far back it went. Bronze age is 'best guess' for the moment, so your info reinforces that.

Does anyone know if that would be pre-Beaker? Pre-Celt?

Thanks for any info!

Joe

Hi Folks, newbie here.

Old thread, but I'm mtDNA K1b1b called ancient Irish/Welsh/Scot/Briton. My Mom was very dark complected, and could possibly be considered "Black Irish" (Indigenous Irish).

Has anyone learned any more about K1b1b and migration towards Ireland/Britain?

I'm wondering how far back it went. Bronze age is 'best guess' for the moment, so your info reinforces that.

Does anyone know if that would be pre-Beaker? Pre-Celt?

Thanks for any info!

Joe

not sure......but my wife and children have K1a4* and was told it was eastern alpine origin

they found 26 of the 40 or more samples are hers ...................yours is here too

i think they sent her this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4725900/

[h=1]Whole mitochondrial DNA sequencing in Alpine populations and the genetic history of the Neolithic Tyrolean Iceman[/h]V. Coia,a,1 G. Cipollini,1 P. Anagnostou,2 F. Maixner,1 C. Battaggia,2 F. Brisighelli,3,* A Gómez-Carballa,4 G. Destro Bisol,2,5 A. Salas,4 and A. Zink1

This thread has been viewed 50364 times.

Back