Wacky news " what have I done bad, mami? "

If your thinking was right, there would be no more castillan speakers in Catalonia. As a matter of fact, most castillan speakers that got their education through catalan and decided not to use it were not repressed nor expelled from Catalonia. Nobody gets a fine for speaking castillan. The Generalitat provides most forms citizens need in castillan too. I don't see any oppression in that. Only a small percentage of native castillan-speaking catalans moan about the linguistic laws. Most troublemakers are foreign immigrants or coming from other communities. Again, if these people do not understand Catalan is the language of Catalonia, there is little to do but to educate them, which is what the Generalitat does...

How come the Catalans who do not use the Catalan language would be expelled from Catalonia by the nationalists if there was repression? They don't do that because they can't, but don't be so sure that they wouldn't do it if they could. There are degrees of repression, from subtle to more agressive and blatant. But it's ok, it could be worse that not being able to study in Spanish. Thank you nationalists for leting us live. :LOL:
I don't expect Spanish will dissapear even if all Catalans have to study 100% of subjects in Catalan at school like nowadays (aside from English language and Spanish). If Catalan itself didn't dissapear after centuries of the inverse situation (it was not possible to study in Catalan until 1975),then I guess a bigger language like Spanish won't either. But I don't care that Spanish will survive or not in Catalonia, which I take for granted, as much as the individual rights of the citizens. I think it's a civil right to study in your mother language in your own country, so as long as Catalonia is part of Spain Catalans who desire so have the right to study in Spanish. That only a few moan about this is true, but it's also true that only a few homosexuals wanted gay marriages in Spain and now it is a right for all of them. Rights are rights no matter how many people are interested in executing them and the Spanish law recognizes that both Spanish and Catalan are equally official. So even if just one Catalan wanted to study in Spanish he or she has the legal right. Democracy does not mean that majorities have the power to deny rights to minorities, assumed that a majority of Catalans who do not want to study in Spanish exists.It is very strange that most of Catalans, native Spanish speakers as they are, do not want their language to have the same status than Catalan. Do they want to be second class citizens? Ok, but if some others do not, let them to choose.Nationalists often ask freedom to commit seccession, but on the other hand they are not interested in asking parents which language they prefer as vehicular at schools.
Catalan is not the sole language of Catalonia, Catalan is one of the languages of Catalonia along with Spanish. So both languages must be equal in all aspects.

Last edited:
Clearly the Catalan nationalism is something exported artificially, and last decades it has been based on lies. This type of ideologies ends up by losing the head, we already know the history and what it spent, it is true that if they could God knows up to where it would come...

Spanish is a national language and internaciona, while the Catalan is a regional language, regional language or since want to call him, the question is that a uselessness is logical that many parents of Catalonia see and now with the crisis more that his children finally finish an education being illiterate integrals not only already in Spanish if not also in Catalan a language certainly with the very short wings and quite useless at the time of going out of the borders of the Catalan region.

Well, Carlos, if you are right, I suppose Spaniards wouldn't see any problem if Catalans would speak their own folkloric language in their own folkloric region. The problem is that without Catalan taxes money (and Basque...), Spain is nothing. As you probably never set a foot in Catalonia, you better look after your own community and make sure you keep reading the same biased medias, as furthering your political education has clearly never been your priority. Ignorance and narrow-mindedness are clearly an issue in Spain.

Well, Carlos, if you are right, I suppose Spaniards wouldn't see any problem if Catalans would speak their own folkloric language in their own folkloric region. The problem is that without Catalan taxes money (and Basque...), Spain is nothing. As you probably never set a foot in Catalonia, you better look after your own community and make sure you keep reading the same biased medias, as furthering your political education has clearly never been your priority. Ignorance and narrow-mindedness are clearly an issue in Spain.

Dear friend I Live in Catalonia.

The rest of Spain does not have any problem with the folklore and the language of Catalonia, there is freedom in Spain and 17 regional governments. Personally it is a language or language that I do not like, I feel it: do I have to ask for excuses?, I do not like his sound, I neither have need to speak it, nor want to speak it; although I can speak it and write it, I do not like, feel it, except that I find her useless.

The problem is for the workpeople of the rest of Spain that they are moved to Catalonia and see as it is impossible that his children could receive classes in Spanish or simply resident in Catalonia of the rest of Spain that wanted that his children were educated in Spanish, for the simple reason that are in Spain, that have right to which his children study in the common language of Spain, it is like that of easy.

Spain has the very wide vision friend, do not make a mistake, we have universal tradition and from immemorial times we have had relation with the biggest cultures of the Mediterranean, Europe, later America e.t.c., here the only ones that have the narrow mind are the nationalistic regionalists, already in Spain nobody believes in his words and much less in his positions victimistas, but I observe that they have been able to strain his lies in certain European and world sectors, they do not create them, only they go for the money by means of the discrimination and the exclusion.

The Europeans you are, well you not, much weighed with the topic Franco, in Spain nobody speaks nor remembers, only the nationalists.

1263932704_0.jpg

Fined another merchant in Barcelona for labelling in Castilian

The businesswoman Feliciana Piris makes sure that ' what happens to me is not just '

He assures not to be arranged to ' happening for the hoop ' despite the fine of 1.200 €

It is a question of a native Catalan businesswoman, that the people do not believe that all the Catalans are separatist because it is not true.

The woman born in Cardona (Barcelona) and catalanoparlante, faces now a sanction for 1.200 euros for his denial to change the cartel with the one that offers the products of his business.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/01/19/barcelona/1263932704.html

The businessman fined for labelling in Spanish refuses to pay.

1275676298966effedn.jpg

http://www.publico.es/espana/317991/el-empresario-multado-por-rotular-en-espanol-se-niega-a-pagar

The Catalan administration fined with 400 euros in 2006 the owner of Finques Nevot for not having a cartel in Catalan in the door of his business, placed in Vilanova i the Geltrú (Barcelona), and with 400 more euros for not having sheets of claim in this language.

Feliciana Piris and Manuesl Nevot are two Catalan citizens, with Catalan, original surnames of Catalonia completely and in his private business they were labelling in Spanish, now they have to pay fines for labelling his business with the common language of all the Spanish. This way the nationalists use the ligertad, Ay mother what they would do if they could...

Language Platform (Plataforma per la llengua) for organizing actions against the Spanish in public schools with the support of the catalan Government

Three public schools Torelló (Barcelona) host activities during school hours to indoctrinate children under 12 years in 'the benefits' of compulsory school immersion in Catalan only.

20111207inmersion2.jpg

Children are indoctrinated and forced to carry signs with a picture of a submarine about the title: Immersion.

Continued politicization of the Catalan public schools and intensifies the interference of national entities in the education network of the Government to move their messages to students with impunity and even with the help of their own schools and the Ministry of Education. This is what follows from the last project for the language platform has carried out this Wednesday in five infant and primary schools of the town near Barcelona Torello, including three public and one concert.

The initiative, called 'collective act of immersion ", the radical organization trying to convince the children 12 years and their parents, also invited to participate, the importance of that Catalan is the only language of instruction in schools, rejecting that this condition is shared with the Castilian-official language in Catalonia by the Catalan, and own about half of the citizens of the community-even though the courts have ruled many times that both languages ​​should be vehicular as normal.

A manifesto for compulsory immersion in Catalan

The ceremony begun at 16:45 hours (15 minutes before the end of the teaching time in the three public schools) and have been that all students have left the yard to play a Catalan version of the song Yellow Submarine with some cards where in recent days have drawn submarines with 'immersion'. Then I have read a manifesto in defense of compulsory school immersion in Catalan only. Attendees are also invited to broadcast the event by using social networking sites such as the palindrome hashtag # catalaaltac ('Catalan attack' in Castilian), that the writer became fashionable Màrius Serra supporter on the ERC-last dyad.

The text of the manifesto calls judgments on school bilingualism as' aggression 'to' open the door to claims concerned that may threaten the social cohesion of Catalonia urges to 'act against' judgments' positively ', and argues that the prohibition of Castilian as the language school seeks to 'ensure a good knowledge of official languages ​​to enable the use of Catalan in the social, economic and cultural'

20111206inmersion.jpg

'Resistance' versus 'the Spanish colonizers'

The indoctrination of students have tried to make the nicest possible way. It has commissioned The Catlanders, a kind of artistic-political group that for years claimed, in a tone of humor, independence referendums, compulsory dipping 'resistance' versus 'the Spanish colonizers'. The initiative has also been supported Torelló City Council, led by Jaume Soler i Vivet (CIU), who in his inauguration speech of office last June, he made it clear his intentions. "Here we have a language, customs, a way of doing things and behave in the street, at school and the people be respected," he said then.

In total, 1056 children have participated in public schools Fortià Solà, Vall del Ges and Marta Mata, of the concerted Rocaprevera, and Cors Sagrats private. BARCELONA'S VOICE has been in contact with the Ministry of Education, but has declined to make any recommendation regarding this issue.

Pataforma by language and strategy.

Platform language, entity generously rewarded and funded by the Generalitat and local governments, with more than two and a half million euros in recent years, is known for its commercial blackmail and boycotts (against the media, airlines , cinemas or small businesses), as well as campaigns for citizens to file complaints against the businesses that labeled in Castilian.

In recent months there has been mobilized for the Generalitat and public schools disobey many court rulings forcing school bilingualism reset. Similarly, in July 2010, called for regional institutions to defy the ruling of the Constitutional Court on the statute, which outlawed mandatory school immersion in Catalan only.

A few weeks ago, Plataforma per la Llengua launched an eleven commandments for sales arguments that schools can reject requests from parents requesting a bilingual education for their children. The ultimate goal was confessed by the entity 'replaced the outline of a bilingual society by a multilingual society have Catalan as the backbone of diversity, which has the common language Catalan'.

http://www.vozbcn.com/2011/12/08/95357/colegios-publicos-adoctrinan-inmersion/

Spanair disaster as a symbol of Catalan nationalism.

7-El-fiasco-de-la-aerolínea-catalana.jpg

[URL]http://www.libremercado.com/2012-01-29/editorial-spanair-como-simbolo-del-desastre-nacionalista-62988/[/URL]

Much worse than the closure of Spanair, otherwise inevitable, had been artificially maintaining its operation with a public resource that is "Generalitat" (Catalan regional government) no longer to fund essential services.

7274253.jpg

The end of air operations declared on Friday by the airline Spanair, prior to its closure, is the natural fate of companies held by nationalism with public money to pursue political goals.

The purchase of Spanair in 2008 was an absurd decision of the national tripartite Montilla to be chaired by a kind of company "flag" Catalan and to compete with Barajas (Madrid Airport), artificially promoting the development of interconnections from Barcelona airport to beat Grant. The acquisition of the airline, which involved the Catalan regional government to pull a small businessmen coming to power of nationalist, was advertised as a prerequisite for Barcelona airport to raise levels of "hubs" in London, Paris or Frankfurt , the largest knots of air links between Europe and the profitability that entails.

25-¿Cómo-puedo-reclamar-si-me-he-visto-afectado.jpg

The reality, four years after the start of the adventure, the company is owned by the Generalitat and Barcelona City Council through its private beach bars, not only helped to increase traffic from El Prat airport significantly, but has been called the closure a loss that, today, were unassumable despite continued public support by all agencies involved in its management. A subsidy scheme, by the way, whose excess has been the subject of several complaints by competitors, placing Spanair in the crosshairs of European authorities responsible for competition and making it impossible, as was the intention of Mas, which the "Generalitat" (regional Catalan government) continue injecting public funds to maintain a viable nationalist dream. Fortunately, it added, because so much worse than the closing, otherwise inevitable, had been artificially maintaining its operation with a public resource that is generally no longer to fund essential services.

spanair_270x250.jpg

In an effort to have vanished 150 million euros from the pockets of all spanish taxpayers, not just taxpayers Catalan , and has been left in the street to two thousand employees of the airline. Catalan nationalism, incidentally, has imprinted his seal usual when it comes to managing complex issues, a picture with the treatment of Third World customers of the airline at the time of its abrupt closure had contracted and paid for their tickets.

If Spanair, as I said Montilla and always said Mas (Current president of the Catalan autonomous government) , should be an example of how a "country" drive is capable of meeting the challenges of the future, today everyone has a clear idea of ​​the mess that is able to organize a government puts his delusions regional nationalist when the most basic rationality.

1327791853725spanair3c2.jpg

Health centers in Barcelona report in Arabic and not in Spanish.

The poster warns in Catalan, Arabic, English and Urdu, but not in Spanish, which was held on site emergency drills.

cartel_560x280_0.jpg

After the rejection of the Catalan government to use Spanish in the health system, health centers of this community, you can see posters in all languages ​​except in Spanish. In a primary care center in Barcelona, you can see a notice indicating that in these medical facilities will be made periodically and without notice, medical emergency drills, reports periodistadigital.com. The authorities, in consideration of foreigners can come to the clinic, the notice translated from Catalan to three foreign languages​​: Arabic, English and Urdu (many Pakistanis live in Barcelona).

However, do not consider the information important to know patients who come from Latin American countries or other regions where people speak Spanish since there is no translation into this language.

This poster is consistent with the language policy imposed by the Government of Artur Mas, which requires doctors to communicate with patients in Catalan, but seek expert who does not understand that language-CiU forces doctors to speak only in Catalan with patients -.

http://www.intereconomia.com/notici...elona-informan-arabe-y-no-castellano-20120203

The autonomous government in the hands of Catalan nationalism do this type of discriminatory action by the tantrum that is, seeking concessions and privileged at the expense of other Spanish regions, as happened before and during the dictatorship of Franco, but times have changed and that already is over.

Do not forget that it is the only place where you can not study in the national language of the country, and now seeing this kind of news one realizes the absurdity of outdated nationalism and imported from central Europe to this region of Spain for several centuries, is nonsense that makes our country Spain is delayed with this type of regional governments, real burdens for our development, for his inordinate ambition parochial and only know how to create discrimination, segregation and impoverishment.

Come as you have it a little clearer in Europe and the world, what are these!

This thread has been viewed 23409 times.

Back