Galician (NW of Spain) Y-DNA

4 spanish fools barking, barking and barking.

Well, so far only two genetic studies of Y-DNA I can find are as follows.

So? Why don't you post other countries / regions for comparison. Many parts of the Eastern Mediterranean have higher levels of E - it all originated in the Middle East, BTW. Your sick mission is quite clear...

So? Why don't you post other countries / regions for comparison. Many parts of the Eastern Mediterranean have higher levels of E - it all originated in the Middle East, BTW. Your sick mission is quite clear...

Obviously, you have no scientific report. Your only mission is to destroy the scientific studies about Y-DNA, because you do not like the results.

It's the third or fourth time he claims we don't post any scientific source. Using Dodecad and his lovely Wikipedia it seems to be not enough considering he didn't said a word of it. Nothing surprising, there is nothing to reply.

Canek and Ferreiro; Ferreiro and Canek: a total discredit by themselfs :D

It's the third or fourth time he claims we don't post any scientific source. Using Dodecad and his lovely Wikipedia it seems to be not enough considering he didn't said a word of it. Nothing surprising, there is nothing to reply.

Canek and Ferreiro; Ferreiro and Canek: a total discredit by themselfs :D

This forum is for y-dna

Y-DNA
Y-DNA
Y-DNA

152 posts and none link to scientific reports about Y-DNA

Face your atrocities clown. ¿How it feels being a buffon? jajaja

Scientific data are buffons? American Journal and Eupedia are clowns?

Andres Montes has galician heritage, that's what matters not his bornplace.

Exellent info as always my friend. Wikipedia is indeed more reliable than this place. (y)

Buffons are the ones who try to make believe that haplogroups are something determinant in a population, since it's perfectly clear it's FALSE.

And a huge clowning is pretend to say that Gipsies are a Spanish ethinc group, wich is FALSE and very FUNNY too.

So yes, you, and the other one, are totally buffons. A full-time ocupation XDDD

images.jpg

Unfortunately Wikipedia data collection don't provide data from Galicia, althoug we have data from North Portugal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_by_ethnic_groups

Rb1 62%
E 11%
No data of I, G...

The figure of 11% in North Portugal seems very distant to 22% Eupedia in Galicia, so the real value in Galicia should be somewhere in between.

The best and most recent Y-DNA haplogroup study for Portugal, including N. Portugal, is Beleza et al. (2006). You can easily Google the article. E Averages for N. Portugal are ~ 8%. The highest frequencies of I are found in the Braga and Braganca regions (~ 18 and 16% respectively - all clades).

Last edited:
I have found it

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1529-8817.2005.00221.x/pdf
The nearer region to Galicia is Entre Douro e Minho. In this region:

R1b 55%
E (total sum of different subclades) 12%
J2 8.3%
I 7.5%
G 6.1%
It doesn't Haplogroup T in northern Portugal.

Well, much of Tras-os-Montes borders SE Galicia, so you need to average in figures for that region as well (3.1%). The true N. Portugal E average for purposes of comparison to Galicia is ~ 8%. Franky, I believe the 22% recorded for Galicia is a bit of an anomaly. I would be interested in seeing more recent research.

What do we have 5.6 % of M-81 in Spain: what problem do you have with it?, as that the Spanish we do not have any problem. In all the countries there are diverse haplogrupos. I have the sensation that you are projecting your own complexes in Spain.

I believe that you have the most comfortable position in all this clash.

Actually, autosomal DNA research shows < 3% NW. African affinities in Spain. Scores that are less than 2% are considered "noise" and irrelevant. Portugal records 5-6% NW African affinities, found primarily in Southern Portuguese (below Lisbon) and non-mainlanders (Azoreans and Madeirans).

See: Eurogenes and Dodecad.

Actually, autosomal DNA research shows < 3% NW. African affinities in Spain. Scores that are less than 2% are considered "noise" and irrelevant. Portugal records 5-6% NW African affinities, found primarily in Southern Portuguese (below Lisbon) and non-mainlanders (Azoreans and Madeirans).

See: Eurogenes and Dodecad.

Logical if we refer to autosomal.

I have traveled all over Galicia by car. Once in A Coruña, Northern Galicia, we stopped at a local Aquarium that was absolutely swarming with Galician children. Half, and I really mean 50%, of the kids had some form of light hair from dirty blond to light blond hair. I even saw a red haired freckled girl accompanied by her dark haired parents. It was quite spectacular to see the genetic studies were accurate.

In regards to this old debate, Galica has the highest percentage of Germanic DNA in Iberia , this is undisputed. However what most people fail to recognize is that every region of Spain and Porugal has substantial levels of Celtic DNA and it's almost uniformly distributed, with the highest frequencies being in the Northern part of the Peninsula. Were not talking about Y dna here because it doesnt tell much, I'm talking about autosomal DNA. Maybe Galicia doesnt have the #1 highest amount of Celtic DNA but it's probably number 2 or 3.
As for haplogroup E, we should not be suprised, if you know what your actually talking about, because the people who carried this came into Iberia thousands of years before the Celts and were part of the local population. Remember Galicia was a mixture of pre Celtic and Celtic peoples during the time of Roman occupation. The pre Roman people surely carried haplogroup E, and given Galicia's isolation of dense forest and mountains, it harbored as a sanctuary for ancient peoples. It has been proven in studies that most of the haplogroup E branches in Galicia or even Northern Portugal and Asturias has nothing to do with Medeival Moors.

This thread has been viewed 108965 times.

Back