Phenotypes of the Greeks

they are all pretty face for ladies crowd
but if i look for a face with more
ancient greek vibe than kostas is eating them for breakfast :)
i wonder what his y haplogroup
j ,e-v13 or something else :unsure:

here is another one
i like his music very much vangelis (in younger days) (y)

6c919669-60b0-4b9a-9507-70665e06f066.jpg

Take a look at Martsakis Skordalos who is the the leader of this group: He plays gaida and cretan Lyra in the first video and plays violin, sings and dances in the second. Handlebar mustache and all:

Now that's a man's man.

Here is a good representative of Greek women, the lead woman dancer that appears to the left of the pic and does a solo entering at 52 secs:

The best example of the Pontic greek phenotype appears in this video:

This a Greek actor from a German television drama series. I think he resembles a bit the reconstructed Mycenaean warrior in terms of his jaw/ chin area.
thumbnail_150114_523x300.jpg

467553.1024.jpg

I would tend to agree. As for the pictures of the "handsome" Greek men, imo only one, Totsikas, has actually pretty, symmetrical features, a few of the others are virile looking, but have mismatched features, the rest have very crude features. I don't know if it's the Slavic, higher EHG or what.

In my personal opinion the handsomest Greek men I saw were from the islands. Of course, all this is personal taste. I see some of our members gushing over a thread about supposedly beautiful women whom I personally think are hideous; fa** breasts like upturned bowls, fa** platypus duck lips, faces so full of fillers and so much Botox that it no longer looks like skin; it looks like rubber or plastic. Might as well make androids and have done with it imo. My God, Prince Harry may be a neurotic who married a narcissistic manipulator, but at least she's beautiful and doesn't look like like a street walker. Even if she has no class, she looks like she has it.

I would tend to agree. As for the pictures of the "handsome" Greek men, imo only one, Totsikas, has actually pretty, symmetrical features, a few of the others are virile looking, but have mismatched features, the rest have very crude features. I don't know if it's the Slavic, higher EHG or what.

In my personal opinion the handsomest Greek men I saw were from the islands. Of course, all this is personal taste. I see some of our members gushing over a thread about supposedly beautiful women whom I personally think are hideous; fa** breasts like upturned bowls, fa** platypus duck lips, faces so full of fillers and so much Botox that it no longer looks like skin; it looks like rubber or plastic. Might as well make androids and have done with it imo. My God, Prince Harry may be a neurotic who married a narcissistic manipulator, but at least she's beautiful and doesn't look like like a street walker. Even if she has no class, she looks like she has it.
I disagree
I dont like megan harry wife
If anything it is william wife kate
Who is pretty but as you said it is a matter of taste...
About those greek men don't forget that you compare them to italian man which is not fair
As italian man considered generally speaking maybe the most handsome nation in europe.....

That's actually my point. Because "whites" and Near easterners share those common ancestries. I wonder if some of our disagreements may just come from a simple misunderstanding.
In fact, I believe CHG and Anatolian_N may be what gives people a "Roman" look to them. Which is why you can find people that look like that, even in places without Roman occupation, like Ireland.

well the thing that might be confusing me is, that you said near east is white but now it is only those who have anatolian_N and CHG? also my point was that some traits that are by some people considered "nonwhite" could be based on those 2 ancestries and they might also be the reason why some people think that Anatolian_N/CHG heavy european populations or individuals with no non-european ancestry look "non-white" sometimes for a certain group of people.

Natufians were mostly westeurasians so i'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that they did not at least partially resemble their northern neighbours.

well the thing that might be confusing me is, that you said near east is white but now it is only those who have anatolian_N and CHG? also my point was that some traits that are by some people considered "nonwhite" could be based on those 2 ancestries and they might also be the reason why some people think that Anatolian_N/CHG heavy european populations or individuals with no non-european ancestry look "non-white" sometimes for a certain group of people.
Natufians were mostly westeurasians so i'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that they did not at least partially resemble their northern neighbours.
This is all subjective of course. Looking "white" or middle eastern is dubious. My point was that those are two components that all European and middle eastern people have. Also it is correct to say Natufians were 73% similar to Dzudzuna, which were Anatolian_N-like.

Thus I think it is fair to say it is the Anatolian_n, and CHG in europeans, especially Southern Europeans, for the reason why some phenotypes looks similar to middle easterners. Because those are both source populations they both share.

Of one thing i'm sure: greeks largely overlap with us (italians)

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Of one thing i'm sure: greeks largely overlap with us (italians)

They don't really overlap, but they are to the direct "east" of Italians, genetically. As demonstrated by numerous PCA analysis.

They don't overlap, but they are to the direct "east" of many Italians, genetically.
With overlap i mean that there is a good amount of people in both countries who could pass in both (talking about phenotypes)

With overlap i mean that there is a good amount of people in both countries who could pass in both (talking about phenotypes)

I can see that.

Joey Fatone was great in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

I imagine Achaeans/ Classical Greeks looking like this Greek football player Samaras.

th_georgios-samaras_1346317.jpg

_369c1f90_661e_e61a_42d4_1d4ec5913da4.jpg.imgo.jpg

Georgios%20Samaras.jpg

giwrgos-shmaras.jpg

Yeah, Samaras, like me, looks like a European Med (as I call it)

Yeah, Samaras, like me, looks like a European Med (as I call it)

Surely he looks Med. However, to me, he looks particularly Greek.

These blond Greeks in spite of their not that super common hair and eye color, look pretty "Greek", too. Yet folks with untrained eyes would claim that they look like Scandis or Germans.

Alex-Kavvadias_big.jpg

tumblr_nya0tqS6YA1s63fmuo1_640.jpg

These blond Greeks in spite of their not that super common hair and eye color, look pretty "Greek", too. Yet folks with untrained eyes would claim that they look like Scandis or Germans.

Alex-Kavvadias_big.jpg

Last guy is IDENTICAL to Daniele De Rossi

Alex-Kavvadias_big.jpg

Not a good idea to go by people who have bleached their hair, plus whatever the sun does (look at the hair below the top layers and look at the root line in the second photo).

Maybe you have to be a woman to understand these things. There's a reason why they sell so much bleach in Britain, Germany, and even the Scandinavian countries. Even children who are platinum haired usually turn brown haired with age. I know because half my father's family was like that. Even I had medium reddish streaked hair as a kid. Like the below photo.

qO5mOyG.jpg

To me, Damiano, front man for Moneskin, looks almost uniquely Italian, in contrast to what you might call a "Greek" look.

damiano-maneskin-cantante-dice-addio-chioma-taglia-capelli1-720x380.jpg

maneskin-damiano-david-01-570x855.jpg

Maybe all men should wear eye makeup. :)
3c1babb2c94ee569b95316257b4ada22

9b10ece129baa7526f33e391eb0f07d4.jpg

This thread has been viewed 133248 times.

Back