Y-DNA haplogroups of Greeks by region of origin

The albanization of Greeks in Albania if any that happened nobody knows when, should be one of those rare cases that occurred without force but as a free choice.... is unbelievable for me but never say never. As for Slavic admixture , let me know how you come to that conclusion, what data did you check in your DNA so I can check mine and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

do not be so sure,
for example in Albania the hero is Kastrioti
but the winner is vallavan Pasha,
how Islamization was done?
peacefull or by Force?

do not be so sure,
for example in Albania the hero is Kastrioti
but the winner is vallavan Pasha,
how Islamization was done?
peacefull or by Force?

Change of Religion vs change of language???? This is a different topic.....post your Slavic data source 20%.... where do you get that in your DNA data???

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Leka if you do not know the history of Arvanites in Greece,
I suggest read the post #324.

THERE IS NO NEED TO REPAET CRAP OF THESSALY AND NOMADS

and what malakasii etc

at 1240 at Theba fields area known as Livanates today
Gegs from Albania were imported by De la Roche Bourgoundian nobility cause they acompaniyng him as a crusader and ruler
land was given to them there, Farmers, what Nomads you say?

at 1380 Peter of Aragonia allows them to enter Attica
at 1400 pass to peloponese by Palaiologos license

at 1465 except the Theba ones, who were farmers till today
majority is working Venician republic, and venician estimate them 10 000 at their castles and colonies.

The rest are imagination,

Arbanites never settled in Makedonia and Thessaloniki, that era,
even the times of Ali Pasha, his fear was Armatoliki of Olympos.

Now because you have a Y-DNA mark,
this does not mean that all that have same mark are Albanians
in fact they might be Albanians,
you might be Greek
you might be Roman-Aromani
or even a son of Crusader from deep Ireland,
or a Varangian or even a lost pilgrim family

I am G2a3a,
what that means?
that All Albanians with G2a3a are Greeks?
or that I am a Cypriot?
or an Italian?
or a Iranian?
or a Kappadokian Anatolian?

try to understand it, wanted or Not
there is Albanian DNA in Greece
but there is also Greek DNA in Albania,
and both Greece and Albania have Slavic DNA
(and is more than 20%)

as for my family name,
it is half Roman, half Greek,
and exists the same sound in Greece Turkey Romania and Hungary
while in more centum in Italy and Austria
and in Satem form in Iran Afganistan Russia Ukraine Albania Czechia

because my Satem name exists in Albania does this means I am Albanian?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is there a point somewhere in that inconsistent lengthy post of yours?

Yetos there is no point in having that discussion with leka. For god's sake, he had even questioned the Byzantine presence in north albania by saying"There were no Greeks whatsoever in north Albanian" . what is next, we will have to prove that the earth is round or that the sun is rising in the east. he can read an Albanian history book of the elementary school to refresh his memory if he wants.
Or argue with dupidh that the presence of ev13 in England does not mean albanian colonization of England.
or arguing with laberia that the study of the whashington University about the slavic impact on Peloponnese is valid even if it is not in line with his personal opinions.

Are you going to answer me what happened to those Albanians up on the Thessalian highlands? But never mind, they probably had nothing to do with our relatedness, must be those mystical Byzantine Greeks of North Albanian. Got it buddy.

Last edited:
Albania has so many places with Slavic names. Kastriotis was half Serb, many Muslim Albanians hate him, go figure.

We need to take all these irrelevant part and put it to Balkan Disagreements, as Angela mentioned. It is sad we make her angry all the time. Actually, I feel really sad to see Greeks and Albanians fighting, when we have so many things in common.

Albania has so many places with Slavic names. Kastriotis was half Serb, many Muslim Albanians hate him, go figure.

We need to take all these irrelevant part and put it to Balkan Disagreements, as Angela mentioned. It is sad we make her angry all the time. Actually, I feel really sad to see Greeks and Albanians fighting, when we have so many things in common.

This are lies no Albanian hates Kastrioties...., yes that is true there might places with Slavic names but this is not the point, the point is Dna Results, I have test my self and I don't see any 20% Slavic, DNA talks BS walks....post your DNA results and lets discuss based on data not imagination.

^ I have not done that test man, plus the Greeks do not have 20% Slavic DNA.

Is there a point somewhere in that inconsistent lengthy post of yours?

I tried to decipher it and came to a conclusion; not really.

Funny how the greeks here go on and ramble about some moronic theories that don't even have anything to do with the topic at hand, mainly Y-DNA.
Most of them haven't even tested their Y-DNA, wonder if they're afraid of matching us Albanians who have. If it's not Albanian, there's a huge chance it's Slavic too. Maybe they have tested, but are hiding it? What a mess!

Leka is most certainly the only poster in thread worth reading.

Are you going to answer me what happened to those Albanians up on the Thessalian highlands? But never mind, they probably had nothing to do with our relatedness, must be those mystical Byzantine Greeks of North Albanian. Got it buddy.

They disappeared man, but not like how the greeks here think, with smoke and suddenly they're not there. Do you want to know how they disappeared? They lost their identity and became greeks through the identity of the Orthodox Church, just like that R1b-BY611 from Thessaloniki who was shocked to match so many Ghegs and had no recollection of Arvanite ancestry.

Most greeks have some foreign ancestry it seems, many of whom I've talked to have found Arvanits and Vlachs while searching their family tree. Slavic assimilation seems to have happened way before though.

50-60% Slavic DNA across Thessaloniki/North Eastern Greece.

They have very high numbers. Even more Slavic paternal Y-DNA than what you find among FYROMians in FYROM.

I second that. After checking the subclades, it looks like almost all the I2a1 and the R1a in Greece is of Slavic origin, which is about 20-21%. Of course Slavs aren't pure I2a1 + R1a. They also carry other haplogroups that can easily be mistaken for native Greek, like E-V13, G2a, J2a, J2b, R1b-L23... So in all likelihood 21% is an underestimate. 25 to 28% is more realistic. That's about the same amount of (Proto-)Slavic Y-DNA as in Austria or East Germany. One country doesn't need to be linguistically or culturally Slavic to have substantial Slavic admixture.

50-60% Slavic Y-DNA across Thessaloniki/North Eastern Greece.

34% of I2a1+R1a for northern Greece, so maybe about 40-45% in total. Just a bit less than Bulgaria and Macedonia. It's true that Heraclides 2017's paper on Cyprus gives 39% of I2+R1a for Greek Thrace.

In contrast, I2a1+R1a is 16% in Crete, 13% in the Cyclades, and only 6.5% among Greek Cypriots.

I second that. After checking the subclades, it looks like almost all the I2a1 and the R1a in Greece is of Slavic origin, which is about 20-21%. Of course Slavs aren't pure I2a1 + R1a. They also carry other haplogroups that can easily be mistaken for native Greek, like E-V13, G2a, J2a, J2b, R1b-L23... So in all likelihood 21% is an underestimate. 25 to 28% is more realistic. That's about the same amount of (Proto-)Slavic Y-DNA as in Austria or East Germany. One country doesn't need to be linguistically or culturally Slavic to have substantial Slavic admixture.

Yeah, and you have to consider the E-V13, R1b-L283 and J2-L283 that was brought by Albanians and Vlachs, and those are definitely no small numbers, especially in the north.

Yeah, and you have to consider the E-V13, R1b-L283 and J2-L283 that was brought by Albanians and Vlachs, and those are definitely no small numbers, especially in the north.

EV-13 flew over Greece with a Jumbo Jet, went to Albania, stuck around for a few millenia and then decided to go down to Greece with the far numerically superior Albanians (irony). I see.

Get over it guys. Stick to the science.

This are lies no Albanian hates Kastrioties...., yes that is true there might places with Slavic names but this is not the point, the point is Dna Results, I have test my self and I don't see any 20% Slavic, DNA talks BS walks....post your DNA results and lets discuss based on data not imagination.

They do hate him , because he stated in his own hand writing that he was an epirote .............nationalistic Albanians hate this notion

They do hate him , because he stated in his own hand writing that he was an epirote .............nationalistic Albanians hate this notion

Why do people who know nothing about the albanian language talk about it as if they do?
Why do people who know nothing about albanian history talk about it as if they do?

What is the emotional investment that is deeply ingrained in this attitude?

Why did Skenderbeu speak albanian? Why are his relatives that fled to italy after his death all arbereshe?
(http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/art...g-s-wife-s-life-and-death-in-exile-12-19-2016 )

This is Skenderbeu's helmet:

640px-KHM_Wien_A_127_-_Helmet_of_Skanderbeg.jpg
640px-KHM_Wien_A_127_-_Helmet_of_Skanderbeg_frontal_view.jpg

The lettering around the helmet reads: * IN * PE * RA * TO * RE * BT *

This stands for "
Jhezus Nazarenus * Principi Emathie * Regi Albaniae * Terrori Osmanorum * Regi Epirotarum * Benedictat Te "

Translated this means: Jesus of Nazareth blesses the Prince of Mat, King of Albania, Terrorizer of Ottomans and King of Epirus.

Mat
is in NORTHERN ALBANIA (
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Mat,_Albania). Skenderbeu is known to be a northern Albanian.

Its clear from your consistent obsession with albanians that you have some deep identity issues. Get over yourself and realise that even
the crazy hyper nationalist albanians that do exist exist because of the homocidal history of the Greek Orthodox Church over the last 2000
years. Its a defense mechanism that ensured the survival of the Albanian language despite being surrounded on all sides.

This thread has been viewed 363263 times.

Back