Y-DNA haplogroups of Greeks by region of origin

Can you direct us to documented historical population replacements? Other than the population exchange between Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey and the Armenian holocaust.

Well those are population replacements...it is not possible to completely replace the population in a region as huge as turkey. Prior to ottoman occupation the region was highly contested by various civilizations and tribes such as hittite, assyrians, greco-persian wars

Last edited:
Well those are population replacements...it is not possible to completely replace the population in a region as huge as turkey. Prior to ottoman occupation the region was highly contested by various civilizations and tribes such as hittite, assyrians, graeco-persian wars
Yeah but there were only 30,000 Macedonians that went into Anatolia and then Mesopotamia and Egypt and Persia, Afganistan and Pakistan and even India. The genetic impact of those 30,000 soldiers would be minuscule.

Agrinio:
R1b:19%
R1a:5%
I:24%
E1b1b:9,5%
J2:24%
J1:4,5%
G:4,5%
Other:9,5%
n=21

Hi Kari, do you have any subclades for J2?, many thanks in advance

How can i delete a message?

It's interesting because they reflect the history of the region since antiquatty to the modern day. Unlike other places there has not been a founder's effect or a population replacement. But I would say the genetics of Turkey, albania and Sicily are equally interesting for the same reasons
I mean Greece is more than 80% a population replacement with the Albanian and Slavic contribution. Greece is the real Albaslavia in terms of Genetics.

blevins

my post was clear,

you never answered before when I asked the same many times,

That means that you learn it first time now,

now I throw back your insults,

my post is clear and pure,
as answer of Fatherland

Only eyes of a dirty mind see it dirty,

and it has not to with Religions,
rather with Alliance.

only the blind (followers of Vallavan pasha) can not see it
6 years later and this is so funny to see :)
Skanderbeg was called 4 times as Athletaa Christii from 4 different POPES.
4 times!
This is the alliance!
Skanderbeg family is buried everywhere, in Albania, in Montenegro, in Spain, in Italy and in mount Athos.
It does not mean anything! Family members of such a legendary figure would have created waves everywhere, as there is still information about their tombs.

So yes! Eyes of a dirty mind see it dirty!!!

I mean Greece is more than 80% a population replacement with the Albanian and Slavic contribution. Greece is the real Albaslavia in terms of Genetics.

With 50% Serbian admix (masked probably by founder effects/recent expansions when it comes to Y-DNA) ,a profile that loves to pick Greek or Thracian proxies instead of Illyrian ,a bunch of Balkan Romance J2b and an extra amount of Albanised lines(either R1b ones or E-V13) I wouldn't talk about others.Albania is the real Grecoromanoserbothracogermanicoanatolia of genetics.

With 50% Serbian admix (masked probably by founder effects/recent expansions when it comes to Y-DNA) ,a profile that loves to pick Greek or Thracian proxies instead of Illyrian ,a bunch of Balkan Romance J2b and an extra amount of Albanised lines(either R1b ones or E-V13) I wouldn't talk about others.Albania is the real Grecoromanoserbothracogermanicoanatolia of genetics.

All this might have happened before they took Greece from the Slavs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This statement is not very accurate.I would say that the population replacement is like 60-70%,with contribution of arvanites,Bulgarians,Serbs,and the Anatolians who came from the population exchange.
That of course doesnt mean that Modern Greeks are only 30-40% Greek.If we theorize that arvanites who migrated into greece are genetically like the arbereshe of italy(which is very likely),then even if the 80% of the Medieval Greek population was Arvanite,that wouldnt mean that they are 80% illyrians genetically.

Last edited:

This is a forum about Science my dear,not a place to present your historical insecurities/nonsense.

This is a forum about Science my dear,not a place to present your historical insecurities/nonsense.
More than 80% is brutally false.I dont know how even they come with these conclusions.

More than 80% is brutally false.I dont know how even they come with these conclusions.

Nowhere, it's not the first time that our friend posts pseudohistoric nonsense

Last edited:
Albanians are not 50% Serbian admixed. Stop coping. J2b Balkan romance? Albanized R1b and E-V13?

You really need to stop coping. literally 90% of your post is just an angry child throwing a tantrum with zero basis in actual reality. That guy may have pulled 80% out of thin air, but you took the mental gymnastics to another level.

Albanians are not 50% Serbian admixed. Stop coping. J2b Balkan romance? Albanized R1b and E-V13?

You really need to stop coping. literally 90% of your post is just an angry child throwing a tantrum with zero basis in actual reality. That guy may have pulled 80% out of thin air, but you took the mental gymnastics to another level.
Serbian or Serbian-like(Doclea) according to the latest study https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2023.06.05.543790v1
and I give you that, I was wrong ..48% is the maximum (range it says 25%-48%)

That's what some of your compatriots imply about J2b and it makes sense because relative to other lines it's like it was almost inexistent in medieval Albania judging by impact on Italy and Greece.I didn't say R1b AND E-V13 ,but one of them ,if the origin of the language is in eastern Balkans then the original line was E-V13 and R1bs Albanized,if it's in west then the opposite.
+I just lurk here to get "updated" ,the amount of times I have responded to such posts is nothing compared to how many these are.

Serbian or Serbian-like(Doclea) according to the latest study https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2023.06.05.543790v1
and I give you that, I was wrong ..48% is the maximum (range it says 25%-48%)

That's what some of your compatriots imply about J2b and it makes sense because relative to other lines it's like it was almost inexistent in medieval Albania judging by impact on Italy and Greece.I didn't say R1b AND E-V13 ,but one of them ,if the origin of the language is in eastern Balkans then the original line was E-V13 and R1bs Albanized,if it's in west then the opposite.
+I just lurk here to get "updated" ,the amount of times I have responded to such posts is nothing compared to how many these are.

Arbereshe had low j2b l283, around 3% but maybe they had around 5% before mixing with Italians etc. But arbereshe were also mostly tosk Albanians who have around 7% j2b l283 today

This thread has been viewed 363201 times.

Back