New map of haplogroup T

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I am in a creative mood lately. After making new maps for haplogroups I1, I2b and Q, here is haplogroup T. There was already a map of hg T on Wikipedia (from which I got a little inspiration), but I didn't like it because it didn't distinguish between areas with less than 0.5%, 0.5 to 1% and 1 to 2%. That's an important distinction since T is pretty rare in Europe and rarely exceeds 5%. Another reason I didn't like the map on Wiki is that it takes percentages for point-locations with tiny sample sizes instead of making averages for the region. That's how you get ludicrous results, like an isolated peak of 17% in one Sicilian town.

Of course the map is only a rough approximation since frequencies can vary hugely from one study to another for rare haplogroups, and not all regions have reliable studies.

Haplogroup-T.gif

Another great map, thanks. As they get more resolution they get more interesting.

sea peoples , most probably mycenean Arcadian, cannot be phonenician because a lot of lands that the phoenicians settled are missing.

Looks like T was successful among Neolithic farmers and rise of ancient Mediterranean civilizations. It is present in Egypt, Israel, Phoenician colonies, very strong in Greece and it's colonies.

Amazing is how it was cleaned up by Atlantic coast from Basque to Normandy and in Ireland. Most likely by some Celtic tribes.

Very interesting is high T signature in Estonia.

The wikipedia map is just a joke, and I also think I know the dement who created it...too bad xd

This one is much better in general terms, showing lower percents. Much more reasonable.

Question: ¿What about haplogroup T between the Pasiegos? ¿Do they show a significant percent of this haplogroup like happens for example with haplogroup E?

I think that haplogroup T is very ancient and that the very first people that belonged to T were 'dark' skinned folks, like eastern Africans. T in the Middle East can maybe associated with the Elamites... But I'm not if sure if the original T folks were black, maybe the first T was Middle Eastern and rose around the Persian Gulf and not in East Africa. What do you guys think about it?

Why is there almost no T in North Africa? You can find J1 there because of the Arabs and the Arabic conquest, but ain't no T. Strange because I think that the Arabs might have imported some T in the region.

There's more T in Europe than in North Africa, why?

Are there any subsclade of T, like the European T, Middleeastern T, Caucasian T and African T, or are all the T's the same?

Maybe T (and J1) in the Caucasus is due to the Arabic invasions in the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabs_in_the_Caucasus

T seems to be more than 30.000 years old, so I think the first T's were black and Eastern Africa is the best place to focus its origin. Of course this haplogroup it's related with the middle east and other regions due to the antiquity, and there are also subclades that are possible to identify with those diferent places. However, I don't know so much about it, probably there is little or nothing clear on this.

Yes, but there is almost ALL African T only in Somalia and eastern Ethiopia (Egypt is an Arabic country) and nowhere else in the inland of Africa. It's only there and not in the inner Africa but on the East Coast around the Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea. In the past (and maybe nowadays) the mainstream group of anthropologists considered Ethiopians as the 'darkest' Caucasoid group or ethnicity.

Once again, there is no T in Africa, but only in a very small (relatively speaking) area around the Gulf of Aden and the Arabians Sea. In general there's more T in Europe and Middle East than in Africa.

Maybe T was spread by the sea into East Africa and East India by the Elamites and their kinsmen. And that the T folks in East Africa are actually from the Middle East?

There was a backmigration of peoples into Africa about 30,000 years ago and 9,000 years ago (the Semitic speaking Neolithic farmers).

http://hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/AJHG_2002_v70_p265-268.pdf

"Anyway, the gist of these collected DNA studies is that Ethiopians are about 40% Caucasian, and are genetically a little more closely related to Mediterranean Caucasian groups like Berbers and Arabs than Western Africans."

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/caucasian-africans/

race-twig.gif

T reach high levels in all Cameroon (18%), and it's in the opposite side of Africa. So the presence in Africa is enough significant to focus it's origin there, specially in East Africa where the highest frequencies are located.

Tanzania is also mentioned here in Eupedia.

T reach high levels in all Cameroon (18%), and it's in the opposite side of Africa. So the presence in Africa is enough significant to focus it's origin there, specially in East Africa where the highest frequencies are located.
Ok, but wasn't Cameroon a place with very, very high level presence of R1b too?

Maybe T entered Cameroon together with R1b?

I don't remember if was Cameroon the country with this special r1b, but it's true that this variant was detected in several African regions. What you say is not impossible, but normally the easiest answer is the correct one. So I personaly prefer the East African origin option, althought your's is another posibility.

I don't remember if was Cameroon the country with this special r1b, but it's true that this variant was detected in several African regions. What you say is not impossible, but normally the easiest answer is the correct one. So I personaly prefer the East African origin option, althought your's is another posibility.
No, I don't prefer any theory. My opinion is 50-50. I'm just trying to be open-minded and don't want to exclude other possibilities.

R1b in Cameroon. And according to you there is also T in Cameroon. Maybe there is a correlation between the 2 haplogroups?

74904584.jpg

33594695.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_R1b_(Y-DNA)

The European branch of R1b (M269) is 0.0%
Yes, but the original R1b is not from Europe nor from Africa. Folks in Cameroon and folks in Europe with R1b just share the same ancestors. Then R1b in Europe and Africa evolved separate. But European R1b is closer to African R1b than to the European R1a.

Maybe the same R1b folks (from the Middle East) that entered Cameroon brought T into this part of Africa?

Yes, but the original R1b is not from Europe nor from Africa. Folks in Cameroon and folks in Europe with R1b just share the same ancestors. Then R1b in Europe and Africa evolved separate. But European R1b is closer to African R1b than to the European R1a.

Maybe the same R1b folks (from the Middle East) that entered Cameroon brought T into this part of Africa?[/QUOTE]

That's very likely, and I think this is what's happened.

Were the results of the Mendez et al. study included in the frequencies?

Increased Resolution of Y Chromosome Haplogroup T Defines Relationships among Populations of the Near East, Europe,and Africa
Hum Biol. 2011 Feb;83(1):39-53.

Code:
POP	n	T	M184*	M70*	PS21*	P77	P330	P321*	P317	L131*	P322*	P327
EGY	150	7%			6%	1%						
TUN	34	0%										
ETH	58	7%			7%							
PAL	115	5%			1%	1%						4%
BED	28	0%										
DRU	39	8%			8%							
JOR	187	3%			2%	1%				1%		
LEB	34	0%										
SYR	95	5%	1%		2%	1%		1%				
TUR	284	1%			0%					1%		
ASY	31	13%			10%		3%					
IRQ	36	6%			3%	3%						
IRN	73	1%			1%							
KSA	33	0%										
YEM	18	0%										
MOJ	54	8%			6%	2%						
TUJ	10	0%										
ETJ	21	5%			5%							
KJ	50	18%			8%	10%						
IRQJ	32	22%		9%		13%						
IRNJ	22	14%		9%		5%						
YEMJ	44	7%				5%					2%	
UZBJ	9	0%										
BULJ	42	5%								5%		
TURJ	34	6%			3%	3%						
ROMJ	53	6%			2%				4%			
ASHJ	587	1%			1%					0%		
BUL	29	0%										
LEM	34	18%								18%

Frequencies rounded to nearest whole percent.

Population POP
Egyptian EGY
Tunisians TUN
Ethiopians ETH
Palestinians PAL
Bedouins BED
Druze DRU
Jordanians JOR
Lebanese LEB
Syrians SYR
Turks TUR
Assyrians ASY
Iraqis IRQ
Iranians IRN
Saudi Arabians KSA
Yemenis YEM
Moroccan Jews MOJ
Tunisian Jews TUJ
Ethiopian Jews ETJ
Kurdish Jews KJ
Iraqi Jews IRQJ
Iranian Jews IRNJ
Yemenite Jews YEMJ
Uzbek Jews UZBJ
Bulgarian Jews BULJ
Turkish Jews TURJ
Roman Jews ROMJ
Ashkenazi Jews ASHJ
Bulgarians BUL
Lemba LEM

Origin and Dispersal of Haplogroup T in the Near East. Three lines of
evidence support the hypothesis that haplogroup T originated in the Near East
and subsequently expanded from there. First, the geographic distribution of the
two sister clades, haplogroup L and haplogroup T, overlap in the Near East,
although L has a more easterly epicenter in India and Pakistan (Sengupta et al.
2006). Second, almost all of M70* chromosomes surveyed here are found in the
Near East, and the two main subclades (T1a and T1b) also predominate in this area.
Finally, the internal structure of the T clade, with the single T* sample coming from
Syria, provides evidence that the most basal haplogroup T branch is present in the Near East.

And, for those interested, a PC plot from Mendez et al., of the "kinship R matrix" based on the Y-DNA frequencies for populations (after removal of outliers).

Populations:
Assyr (Assyrians), Druze (Druze), Egy(Egyptians), IraqA (Iraqis), Jord (Jordanians), Pal (Palestinians), Syr (Syrians), Turk (Turks), BulJ (Bulgarian Jews), IraqJ (Iraqi Jews), ItaJ (Italian Jews), KurdJ (Kurdish Jews) MorJ (Moroccan Jews), TurJ (Turkish Jews), Yem (Yemenites), YemJ(Yemenite Jews).

Attachments

• pca_ydna_4611.jpg
    pca_ydna_4611.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 123
To Maciamo

in March 2012 , the estonian T on your map was haplogroup L

Estonia (The Estonian y-STR haplotypes belonging to K* belongs to L2-L595 but not T-M184)

I know T and L came from K , so unless you have other data for estonia then it should be L

This thread has been viewed 74673 times.

Back