Updated map of haplogroup G

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have recently recalculated Y-DNA frequencies for Romania, Macedonia, Albania and Greece, and noticed two new hotspots for hg G : one in Romania and the other on the Albano-Macedonian border. Both are based on Bosch et al. (2006). This makes sense since there is now a clear continuity between Anatolia and the Alps along the Danube, but apparently bypassing Serbia, Bosnia and Croatia.

I also extended the spread of G to West Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and most of Poland.

Haplogroup_G2a.gif

the R1b bypassed bosnia in a similar pattern.
I think there were 2 big waves of R1b into europe
the first one was very old at a very early stage of PIE before aryan religion and language came to be what it was later on
that first migration being pure R1b, mixed with the old inhabitants of europe and even reached basque country
I think they were a warrior culture by how you compare YDNA of R1b to autosomal of the basques, R1b men dominated them
their YDNA is almost all R1b yet there autosomal shows they are only half aryan, half old european
I believe these R1b people were absorbed by the old inhabitants of europe and lost their language and culture

2nd wave of R1b into europe happened a lot later
this would be the pre-celts and I'm sure they brought some hap G with them
you will notice all R1b areas have some G except basque country

I could be wrong only a theory

the first one was very old at a very early stage of PIE before aryan religion and language came to be what it was later on
that first migration being pure R1b, mixed with the old inhabitants of europe and even reached basque country
I think they were a warrior culture by how you compare YDNA of R1b to autosomal of the basques, R1b men dominated them
their YDNA is almost all R1b yet there autosomal shows they are only half aryan, half old european
I believe these R1b people were absorbed by the old inhabitants of europe and lost their language and culture

Sorry, are you sure you haven't posted in the wrong thread?

Anyways, Haplogroup G is known to have been Europe since the Neolithic, whereas R1b arrived either in the Chalcolithic or possible as late as the Bronze Age.

I think hap G came into europe in several waves as well. one of them (a later one) being with the celts.
how it reached Sardinia and how it is so concentrated in Italy, I think most of that came from an earlier arrival via anatolia.

Somehow I think you're right. Maybe it's only me and you, but I see that link between the European R1b and G too.
According to me both R1b and G are from somewhere in the Caucasus mountains.

Maybe the ancient Hurrians that invaded northern parts of Mesopotamia were R1b, G and J2. And that the Weste Atlantic Europeans (R1b) are related to these folks.

The thing with R1b is that not R1b but R1a has been associated with the ancient Indo-European cultures in Europe. Like Corded Ware (Danubian and Nordic areas of western Germany, Denmark and southern Sweden) and Kurgan (Ukraine).

I say its to do with the 1200BC bronze age migration from anatolia ( asia minor ), look at anatolia where the lydians are from, who are said to be etruscans in italy , who are part of the tyrrhenian "peoples"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrrhenian_languages

being the Raeti ( rhaeti) in the central and eastern alps.

IIRC, the raeti was 64% G2

Ancient corsica was etruscan linguistically , but middleages to renaissance was ligurian

The oporto area in Potugal is an interesting one, :unsure: also Sardinia

I say its to do with the 1200BC bronze age migration from anatolia ( asia minor ), look at anatolia where the lydians are from, who are said to be etruscans in italy , who are part of the tyrrhenian "peoples"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrrhenian_languages

being the Raeti ( rhaeti) in the central and eastern alps.

IIRC, the raeti was 64% G2

Ancient corsica was etruscan linguistically , but middleages to renaissance was ligurian

The oporto area in Potugal is an interesting one, :unsure: also Sardinia

correct,

there is an old G in Europe pre-historic and 1 at historic times,

I just wonder, how something can be pre-historic? Before the past?:confused:
What is a definition of historic for you?
Is this a Greek term? Meaning, before the written history of Greece? Grekocentrisem?

It is really quite simple lebrok. The word pre-history or pre-historic is defined as either

1 Relating to or belonging to the era before recorded history.
2 Relating to a language before it is first recorded in writing.
3 Relating to man's development before the appearance of the written word.

The word ante-historique was first used by French archaeologist Paul Tournal in 1830, to describe the time before the written word. It was later translated into English as pre-historic by archaeologist Daniel Wilson in 1851

Catalunya makes sense due to the connection with France. I'd never guessed the hot-spot in Portugal.

interesting how the basque and gascon areas are empty

Maybe G2a ( and R1b for Bosnia) hasnt bypassed Croatia , Bosnia and Serbia , maybe old population was replaced in biger % than in the rest of Balkans .

Oetzi sons and Cardial pottery leftover.

G is going to be 3,70% of Serbian DNA Project currently now (it's updating every day).
3,28% G2a and 0,42% of G1.
G1 (4 tested)
One Croat - M342

One Bosniak - L830
One Serb - L830
One Croat - L830

One Serb - undetected subclade

G2a (39 tested)
3 - M406
1 - P303
22 (one Croat?) - P303>L497>L42
9 (one Croat) - P303>L497
4 (One Croat) - P15

Hello, I'm from Asturias, Spain and in fact my haplogroup is G, it's very interesting, in my region there is 6-8%, it's more than I thought.

My Y-DNA is G-P303 and mDNA X2e. That both are highly close related to the spread of agriculture in Neolithic Europe?
Both are at low-frequency on my area in Romania ~3-6%, and the chance to have both of them is extremely small, 0,1-0,3%. :)

My Y-DNA is G-P303 and mDNA X2e. That both are highly close related to the spread of agriculture in Neolithic Europe?
Both are at low-frequency on my area in Romania ~3-6%, and the chance to have both of them is extremely small, 0,1-0,3%. :)
You should add them to your profile.

I think hap G came into europe in several waves as well. one of them (a later one) being with the celts.

The Celts never came to Europe - they were actually made in Europe.

This thread has been viewed 23252 times.

Back