Interesting coincidence between R1b and high GDP

Number one-- that is what's being discussed.

No it is not. People cite countries and regions where R1b is the dominant haplogroup. That was certainly the point in the OP

In Spain, the highest regional GDP per capita are those of the Basque country, Navarra and Catalonia, and all have over 80% of R1b. The poorest autonomous region is Extremadura, which has 50% of R1b, the lowest in Spain.

In Italy, the North is the richest (55% R1b), followed by the Centre (43% R1b), and the South is the poorest (29% R1b). Within the North, Lombardy, Trentino-Alto Adige and Emilia-Romagna are the three wealthiest regions, and they correspond to the only "+60%" area on Maciamo's map.

In Germany, the North and East are the poorest, and this is where R1b is the lowest (36% against 48% in the West and South).

In Greece, the South (Attica, Boeotia, Peloponnese), the Aegean Islands and Crete are the richest, and this is also where R1b is the highest.

I couldn't find regional haplogroup frequencies for England, and anyway there aren't big differences of GDP per capita outside London and the Southeast region. France has variations in R1b but not so much in regional GDP per capita. France looks like an exception.

Number two-- I'm not sure what the problem is either. You certainly seem to looking for one (as I've said repeatedly nobody is saying the Jews haven't been financially dominant).

You're the one who replied to my post, not the other way around.

Number three-- you don't get to have it both ways. If the Jews are a successful because of their genetic makeup, then the age of their nationstate would have little bearing on attracting other populations.

Nowhere did I say that Jews are successful because of their genetic makeup. My bringing up the Jews was directed towards those who believed that R1b is, as it were, the "money" haplogroup. I pointed out that the ethnic group (the Jews) that is mostly associated with economic success is not majority R1b. So how would the R1b theory explain Jewish success?

So, as far as I am concerned, the argument from haplogroups is false. I certainly don't think the Jews are successful because of a particular haplogroup.

It is irrelevant. How could a desert country with so few resources as Chad, which furthermore was isolated from the development of civilizations since ancient times, have become rich ? That is part of the historical circumstances I noted above.

A better example would have been Ireland, which is the country with the highest percentage of R1b in the world, and yet was for most of written history was one of the poorest (sometimes the poorest) country in Europe. However, given the right opportunity to develop since the 2nd half of the 20th century, it has quickly become one of the richest European countries.

Is there any study that found a higher rate of autism among carriers of hg I ? If you merely base your assumption based on Scandinavian ancestry it is flawed logic since all Scandinavian countries have more hg R1 than I1.

You have completely misunderstood me. I didn't talk say that R1b men had an over abundance of masculine traits. There are dozens of masculine traits, but R1b men somehow seem to display more of some traits associated with economic success (ambition, industriousness, individualism, entrepreneurship), while other haplogroups display other traits.

I have long noted that region with high percentages of haplogroup I1 or J tend to be particularly gifted tradespeople and maritime explorer (Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Vikings, Arabs). They also tend to care more about nurturing good business relationships and are gifted negotiators.

I have posted several years ago about E1b1b men being apparently more aggressive and authoritarian on average, and attaching a lot of importance to enjoying respect from other people. This observation was based on North Africans, South Italians and Albanians, but now that I know that both Napoleon and Hitler were E1b1b, it makes sense for them too.

I disagree for two reasons :

1) A study on Pakistani men (Behav et al., 2009) found evidence that members of haplogroup R have higher aggression levels than members of other (South Asian) haplogroups.

2) If there is one trait that has always characterised R1b societies from ancient times to present, it is individualism (see map). Celtic societies in particular have always shown a distinct lack of cooperation among their members. The default "ancestral" state of humanity is collectivism. Individualism is most prevalent in societies with high R1b levels.

In fact, ancient and modern Celtic societies, which had/have a very high percentage of R1b, tended to be too disorganised to be economically efficient, due to their exacerbated individualism. It is thanks to the Roman and Germanic cultures that organisation was brought into Celtic societies that permitted them to prosper. The richest regions in Europe are characteristically those where Celtic and Germanic or Latin peoples and cultures have converged: northern Italy, Switzerland, Austria, southern and western Germany, eastern France, the Benelux, Britain, Ireland and Norway (which has a lot of Celtic R1b-L21 imported by the Vikings from Ireland and Scotland).

Historically, bisexuality and homosexuality seem to have been more prevalent in countries such as Greece and Portugal, where Y-haplogroups are particularly heterogeneous. Anyway, I think that homosexuality depends more on mothers than fathers since it is the mother's hormonal levels during pregnancy that affects the masculinisation or feminisation of the brain during the foetus's development.
I am under impression that you had some bad experience from southern Europeans. Yes, Southerners are a little poorer for the moment but that does not make them less intelligent. Southern Europe is very mountainous. Arable land is scarce and any population explosion leads to migrations. That's why often you see southerns emigrating north. No matter how much E, J people you imagine in Southern Europe their total do not approach the population of London. The rest of the southerns are R, I, Q haplogroups I am under impression you like. R1b population of Europe approaches 300 mil. So of course R1b is away more numerous and powerful. R1b people too often have accumulated their wealth in criminal way through colonizing, wars and cheating. Southerns have never shown collective aggression. Students from southern Europe in R1b countries either mach or exceed the R1b under equal circumstances. The E,J people participated in creations of high civilisations of Egypt, Phoenicia, Greece, Rome and now Western. R1b lost every one of them with the exception of the last.

Latin America also has high levels of R1b.
Well, not poor in global terms, it's median income.
But significantly poorer than the West.
The difference lies in the mothers.

Basically, the most common and absolutely majority branch of the R1b haplogroup in Latin America is the DF27, of Iberian origin. But this is not the dominant haplogroup in this part of the world, as is displaying in the table below, which shows that the total of non-R1b haplogroups is always greater than R1b-DF27 individually considered.

Table 1R1b-DF27 frequencies in the analyzed samples of population.
PopulationNR1b-DF27 frequency (%)
Colombia6035.00
Panamá5332.08
Nicaragua16532.73
El Salvador2927.59
Guatemala4429.55
Mexicoa329.38
Puerto Ricoa5433.33
Colombiaa4337.21
‘a’ refers to population extracted from 1000 Genomes Project [10].

Source: https://www.fsigeneticssup.com/article/S1875-1768(19)30237-9/fulltext

IMHO, establishing a correlation between the GPD and the haplogroup is absolutely meaningless.

Alternative paper:
[h=1][FONT=scielo-glyphs !important][/FONT][/h]Preliminary study between Y chromosome haplogroups and chagasic cardiomyopathy manifestations in patients with Chagas’ disease

…For all patients, the most common haplogroups were R1b (43%), G2a (9%), and E1b1b (9%)…

…All the patients resided in the same geographical region, they had been living in the city of Córdoba from more than 10 years, and they shared the same socioeconomic backgrounds and environmental life conditions. The population in this area was homogeneous, which meant that there were no concentrations of other ethnic groups…

https://www.scielo.br/j/rsbmt/a/MjnMrJsTwcBs4FBpdXQD8wd/?lang=en

This thread has been viewed 44730 times.

Back