Vlach haplogroups & deep ancestry?

EDIT

On the shepherd's axe article,why did they choosed a picture from Banat,everyone knows that WesternTransylvania was an Ottoman province.

A document from 1490,about Vlad Tepes
"After he was inprisoned in Buda,the king gave him a house in Pest,it happened that an outlaw was hiding in his yard and an to safety.
When the guards have found and caught the man,Draculea jumped from his house ,took the sword and killed the warden,while the others ran away until they finally complained to the king.
The king sent for him and asked," Why did you committed such crime?",while he answered "I didn't do anything bad,yet he killed himself.If the warden would have come to me ,I would have found the outlaw and judge him ,either found guilty or release him".

The king started to laugh and was amazed from the heart.

In the old Romanian documents from all over the country we find this clear opposition when it comes to children, fiu and fat are legitimate sons,while copil is the bastard one.
These bastard sons,regarding of the rank had fewer rights and suffered early maturity,being usually involved in riskier tasks.
The Basarab dinasty split into Danesti and Draculesti,the second being of bastard origin ,from Vlad II Dracula,the Impaler's father,who lived many interesting episods with his Hungarian(John Hunyadi) and Ottoman factions.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/copil

While the Danesti had tried to legally intervene into both Bulgaria and Serbia,the Draculesti tend various tactics, from burning people to a more lengthy approach, that was also applied to the Ottomans or Hungarians.

Danesti/Craiovesti are more or less heavily mingled with the Serbs, Later Byzantines,and generally Balkanites, they are obviously semi-Satanic...

Last edited:
View attachment 11198

Me at 20,tipical Dinaric traits,long neck,extremely long arms,long legs;the smile is also Dinaric(a picture taken by one of my close relatives);but the suit is Italian instead.

When the wedding formalities were ended,at least two cousins (girls/women)of the 2nd and 3rd degree I have successfully chased,after all,the physical impulses are one of the most important aspects in the life of a Dinaric individual.

EDIT

Only a theory,not necessarily true,this serenity-compassion of the Orthodox wedding ceremony can actually work as a launchpad,because you just feel the need to compensate the holiness badly.
In other words,it is this kind of smile that could announce that you're on "steroids",another stance,yet still God's will.

Last edited:
Note the Sclavene influence,West Baltid and Gorid,opposed to a much more common Eastern, Antean ,look,found in the Proto-Romanians(among the firsts foreign inputs),as well as in the other Byzantine entities,like Greeks,Albanians and,of course, the partially unassimilated Northern Macedonians.

Examples with partial West Baltic admixture(both have Dinaric strain) Mateja Matevski,Miklos Horthy.

Post's Motto:" We are writing this book for the increasing interest of the Romanian researchers for the Sarmatian archaeology.",Vitalie Barca,Moldovan author "The Riders of the Steppes".

Last edited:
Another example of West-Baltic and Dinaric mix is the Montenegrin Radovan Karadzic,in contrast with the more Eastern Vladimir Jugovic(typical Serbo-Croatian look).

It seems like people are splitting hairs and getting into minutia, not seeing the forest for the trees. Just think, about the Western Roman Empire and it fusing various provincials to the point of all speaking Vulgar Latin. What's hard to fathom about the Eastern Roman Empire resulting in the same type of synthesis? The amazing thing, however, is that the Byzantines had long quit Latin and reverted to Greek, just as the Franks did in the West, dispensing with Latin. The question remains, is why or how they persisted speaking Vulgar Latin, in an area far from Rome, especially after the Turks took over. Typically, the most reliable Romance-speaking countries, were part of the Roman Republic, as it seems that the imperial acquisitions only transmitted a military government of occupation and not cultural transformation.

I searched for maps created on the basis of the Eurogenes K36 calculator, for Romanians and other peoples from Balkans. Among them are also two Aromanians (Vlah) who posted their maps.

Aromanian 1
ROvlah.jpg

Aromanian 2
vlah2.jpg

For me, there do not seem to be any big differences with the maps of the Romanians,
6704_file5097ro.jpg k36t.jpg k36c2si1.jpg
nor with those of former Yugoslavia, Bulgaria and even some Hungarians.

I cannot post more than 5 images.
It would be interesting if other members could post other maps of the Balkans people tested with this calculator.

I think the bulk of albanian history is a mystery, they have no written records. Outside sources are very sparse, I do not proclaim them to be illyrians either, not enough info to declare anything as fact. I think they obviously have some illyrian in them but so does every other balkan nation.

I have heard wild claims from nationalists there that are laughable at best. I think anything related to any balkan countries needs to have various sources from more then one country to be verified due to everyone hating everyone else there.

Typical Serbian logic :LOL: .

The Vlachs are believed to be a branch of proto-Albanians that shifted over to the Latin language. Many linguists have held this position.

Vlachs descendant from a common ancestor most likely within the last 1200 years that survived the Slavic incursions, and are composed of groups such as Istro-Romanian, Romanian, Megleno-Romanian, Morovlachs, Aromanian etc.

Romanian received more Slavic influence while Aromanian more Greek since their split but they developed in the same or overlapping areas during the Roman period together with Albanian.

Romanian received more Slavic influence and Aromanian more Greek since their split but they developed in the same or overlapping areas during the Roman period together with Albanian.

That one branch of Vlachs descendant from Dacians and another from Thracians and Illyrians and that 'Vlach' was a term for any Latin speaker is completely nonsense.

Original Vlach homeland is modern Albania, northern Greece and Macedonia [video]www.imninalu.net/Myths_files/Vlach-expansion.jpg[/video]

Until 12th century there was no any Vlachs in Wallachia (southern Romania).
Vlachs migrated from from Albania, Macedonia and northern Greece to present day southeastern Serbia and western Bulgarian in 9th and 10th century, and from there they migrated in modern southern Romania from 12th to 14th century.
In Wallachia Vlachs assimilated local Slavs, Cumans and Pechenegs and from that mix were created Vlacho-Romanian nation.

Vlachs from eastern Serbia are not native population, they are imigrants from Banat (near Timisoara) and Oltenia.
Vlachs settled in eastern Serbia in period 1718-1739.
Vlachs from eastern Serbia are divided to Carani, Bufani, Ungurjani and Munćani. Ungurjani and Munćani came from Timisoara Banat, and Carani and Bufani came from Oltenia.

I was wondering, i my self am Vlach "Munćani" but my haplogroup is E-FT186965 that is a sub group of Y97307 witch is i belive mostly commen in Albania and the surrounding area, and belive at the moment that haplogroup is absent i Romania, how is it that they came from Timiosara Banat, did they maby come from southern balkans first befor the went to Romania maby

to Gedzo

You are most likely of Romanian origin due to your surname, which refers to a subgroup of Romanians called Muntenians, or a region of Muntenia.

You have no relation whatsoever to Vlachs from NE Serbia from what I can tell. This is something made up by some Serbs, that those Vlachs in NE Serbia are some old locals. Vlachs in NE Serbia are ethnic Romanians who migrated to that area 300 years ago.

Romanian language has linguistic ties to Albanian language, which means they were in close contact in Early Medieval times. E-BY4465 does exit in Romanians. And so do various other Albanian lineages.

Around 40-45 % of the entire Romanian population has migrated 800 years ago from the Balkans. The rest descends of Slavs, Turkics etc.

Proto-Romanians used to live in modern day Kosovo or SE Serbia.

It is no wonder that your clade exist in Vlachs considering all these ties. My clade, distant cousin to your clade is a bit more tricky, as it does exist in Romanians and around the Balkans, does not exist in Albanians. It can only be some Moesian proto-Romanian without any Albanian links or Dacian, brought to the Balkans by the Turkics who controlled Romania prior to Romanian migration. The latter is more likely atm, and soon enough I will know that 100 %.

Overall Z17107 originates in North Carpathians in LBA and EIA, most clades are found there.

You do not show any closer relation to Albanians, your distance is 1300 ybp so you fit into proto-Albanians who joined early Romanians/Vlachs during the time they lived together.

BTW I do have a close cousin in ethnic Vlachs from NE Serbia, but as with many of them, his ancestry is Transylvania just 200-250 years ago.

to Gedzo
You are most likely of Romanian origin due to your surname, which refers to a subgroup of Romanians called Muntenians, or a region of Muntenia.
You have no relation whatsoever to Vlachs from NE Serbia from what I can tell. This is something made up by some Serbs, that those Vlachs in NE Serbia are some old locals. Vlachs in NE Serbia are ethnic Romanians who migrated to that area 300 years ago.
Romanian language has linguistic ties to Albanian language, which means they were in close contact in Early Medieval times. E-BY4465 does exit in Romanians. And so do various other Albanian lineages.
Around 40-45 % of the entire Romanian population has migrated 800 years ago from the Balkans. The rest descends of Slavs, Turkics etc.
Proto-Romanians used to live in modern day Kosovo or SE Serbia.
It is no wonder that your clade exist in Vlachs considering all these ties. My clade, distant cousin to your clade is a bit more tricky, as it does exist in Romanians and around the Balkans, does not exist in Albanians. It can only be some Moesian proto-Romanian without any Albanian links or Dacian, brought to the Balkans by the Turkics who controlled Romania prior to Romanian migration. The latter is more likely atm, and soon enough I will know that 100 %.
Overall Z17107 originates in North Carpathians in LBA and EIA, most clades are found there.
You do not show any closer relation to Albanians, your distance is 1300 ybp so you fit into proto-Albanians who joined early Romanians/Vlachs during the time they lived together.
BTW I do have a close cousin in ethnic Vlachs from NE Serbia, but as with many of them, his ancestry is Transylvania just 200-250 years ago.
You could be right, but I have read and talked to people, about the surname Munćan, and it says its not from Muntenia but gave that name to the Vlach who were around the Hills in the border of Serbia andRomanina were the city Vrsac is today "Banat" and i have talked to a historian, in Serbia when i was serching deeper for my ancestors, and we couldent find anything that should that we migrated from Romania to Serbia, hi thinks we could have come from Macedonia region, and possoblie change ta last name, but nothing is writen in stone yet, i stoll reachers this, some belive that we could have been of Aromanian decent also "speculation" but would not be inpossible becouse my family have all taken Dna test and autosomali we are pretty southern, even more thet the Vlach of east Serbia who have taken Dna test, but this is a fun journy and exiting were it will lead me =) If it helps o my Big Y700 I am closest to one from Dalmacia and one from Albania, But on my Y111 it is one from Romania

This thread has been viewed 482020 times.

Back