MtDNA Haplogroups I and W

From the genbank database:

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/i1a_genbank_sequences.htm

The haplogroup is found in Morocco, Tunisia, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Checkia, England, Wales, Scotland. So, generally West European...

Her mother subclade, I1a, is found among Armenians and Iranians, so your subclades should have come into Europe with either Neolithic farmers or Bronze Age herders.

I just found my haplogroup is i1a1, any info would be greatly appreciated .

Have you read my article on mt-haplogroup I ? I1a1 is one of the most typically Proto-Indo-European lineages. It was found in the Yamna culture and spread to Europe and Central Asia during the Bronze Age.

Anyone with mt-haplogroup I1b here? It seems to be rare.

I have read aobve and elsewhere that highest I mthDNA is in Iceland -5% also Lemkoi-people has 11% of I mthDNA and people on the island of Krk in Croatia likwise. Why only the macro haplogroup is specified for these groups? I mean "I" in Coratia or island could be different subclades (I1a, Il1b, I2a, etc.). Is it possible to find out from htese old publications based which sublcade do they belong to on the new phylotree?

This is my first post and just wanted to confirm that I am I1a1b and that my maternal female relatives are all very beautiful. I have joined the Iris project group and submitted my mt-dna to genbank. My branch of I1a1b is an Irish branch in the area of Athlone who came from Liverpool in England in the early 19th century. My avatar photo is of my mother.

I admit as well...mtDNA I women are gorgeous from those I've seen. I'm sure it's entirely coincidental though.
My theory is entirely different. I believe mtDNA I to be Indo-European, or at least from the Russian steppes, and since the gene flow was male mediated during the Copper Age westwards, there was positive selection for local women who inhabited west-central Europe already.

I admit as well...mtDNA I women are gorgeous from those I've seen. I'm sure it's entirely coincidental though.
My theory is entirely different. I believe mtDNA I to be Indo-European, or at least from the Russian steppes, and since the gene flow was male mediated during the Copper Age westwards, there was positive selection for local women who inhabited west-central Europe already.

I think it depends on which branch of I mt-dna. Certainly some branches came to Europe via the Russian Steppes, some via Southern Europe in my opinion.

Good afternoon. I found your message interesting. I was graced with these two rare haplogroups. On the part of my father, his MTDNA is the "I1" and his oldest ancestor was born in 1613 in Huercal Overa, province of Andalusia, Spain. Already, on the part of my mother, her MTDNA is even rarer. It is the "W8", and its oldest ancestor was born in M?rtola, Alentejo region, Portugal. Coincidentally, in addition to rare, the place of origin of these my ancestors report very few (if not, no case) the prese?a of these mitochondrial haplogroups. Greetings.Good afternoon. I found your message interesting. I was graced with these two rare haplogroups. On the part of my father, his MTDNA is the "I1" and his oldest ancestor was born in 1613 in Huercal Overa, province of Andalusia, Spain. Already, on the part of my mother, her MTDNA is even rarer. It is the "W8", and its oldest ancestor was born in M?rtola, Alentejo region, Portugal. Coincidentally, in addition to rare, the place of origin of these my ancestors report very few (if not, no case) the prese?a of these mitochondrial haplogroups. Greetings.

Welcome to Eupedia Luiz.

Hi! This is my first time posting.I'm W4a1. From what little research I have been able to find, it seems that my specific hg is relatively new as well as rare. Also, my mother had 3 daughters and I have 4 daughters so, I assure you we do have daughters :)

I belong to mtDNA haplogroup I2 ("Iris"). I would love any additional information.

This thread has been viewed 55965 times.

Back