Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Indian man claims to be 132 years old

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Indian man claims to be 132 years old

Indian man's 65 years as OAP

A man in the Indian state of Rajasthan has been collecting a pension for the past 65 years, it has emerged.
    Habib Miyan has been drawing pension money since he retired in 1938, and says he is 132.

According to his pension book he is a mere 125. If correct that makes the world's oldest living person 10 years his junior.

Without a birth certificate, Mr Miyan cannot prove his age, but he can claim to be the world's longest-registered old age pensioner.
    This article contradicts among others the claim that the world's oldest man was a 112 year-old Japanese (=> Japan has oldest man in the world

That teach us a good thing ; never believe that official world records such as the Guiness book are the absolute and unique truth. I have also seen in a cemetery in Belgium a woman that died when she was 125, which would easily beat the Guiness record. But as she or her family didn't care to contact the Guiness, she was not listed. I imagine that there are hundreds or thousands of people like that (and not only for age record, but any others) who will never been known of the general public, but that actually beat all official records. Take something like "IQ". What's the %age of the world's population to have ever taken one ? Maybe less than 1%. Who knows what surprises we may get it were possible to get the complete information for every individual. I can't wait for that day, if it ever happens...

PS : here is another article about Mali's 125-year-old woman
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

I was under the impression that people from certain Caucasus regions (Georgians, Azeris) have a tendency to grow over 120 years old. Then again, most of them do not hold birth certificates.

The Russian Georgians, Abkhazians, Azerbaijanis and Armaninans live up at 12,000 feet in the Caucasus Mountains. They typically die in their hundreds and woman give birth until age 52. The region support over 500,000 people. About 5,000 of these are over 100 years old.
    (http://drhorse.hypermart.net/prod026.htm)

> A man in the Indian state of Rajasthan has been collecting a
    > pension for the past 65 years, it has emerged. Mr Miyan
    > cannot prove his age, but he can claim to be the world's
    > longest-registered old age pensioner

People like him would be the ruin of any state-run pension program. ;)

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

>>People like him would be the ruin of any state-run pension program. ;)

Not quite. He only gets about 40 euros a month, and started with as little as 0,4 euro (of course worth more at the time, but still)