New mtDNA & Y-DNA frequencies for the Basques

Today's Basque mtDNA is only around 4% K, but 5,000 years ago it was 17-24% which reversely trended would possibly indicate a much larger number. Wouldn't it make sense that in the fertile crescent there were different areas and tribes that originally were either all K, J or T and only the J/K tribe migrating towards the Pyrenees?

I think the original Basques had more G2a than they do now, having ratios of I2a to G2a similar to the Sardinians, the other well-known European genetic isolate.

I agree with you, Joey, your comment supports my idea. What is this? There is a strong relationship between the ergativity of the languages (excluding Australia and surrounding regions), the proposed Dené-Caucasian languages (at least the Western part of this family),the G (Y DNA) people and the spread of agriculture from the fertile crescent region. I think that G-people imported the ergative (proto) Basque language from the fertile crescent in the era of the spread of agriculture. Other ergative speakers remained in the Caucasus-Fertile Crescent region as Grusian, Sumerian etc people. A part of them used the ergativity even after they were Indo-Europeanized (Kurdish language).

This thread has been viewed 55209 times.

Back