Where can North Africans pass in Europe?

In general where can North Africans pass as native Europeans?

• Spain

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • France

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • British Isles

• Scandinavia

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Germany

• Italy

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Sicily

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Malta

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia

• Greece

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Russia

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Ukraine

• Romania

• Hungary

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Poland

• Finland

• Netherlands

• Cyprus

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Of course you can find non Berber North Africans with European look. But in average I don't see nothing significant to consider they fit.

More pictures. These are Algerian and Tunisian.

Algerians;

fou%20alg1.jpg
2642884230_1.jpg
19216353.jpg
article-5567-Benzerga-21072099-2.jpg
3156430883_fa884f2c5d_o.jpg
Geraldine-Nakache-et-Leila-Bekhti.jpg
1576913640_small.jpg
45935.jpg
6a00e54ef2975b883301310fa5e93c970c-500pi
126338.jpg

Tunisians;

n1431287809_30118063_8018.jpg
5680_105456584359_736689359_1949038_4945453_n.jpg
n35634607268_1419594_7803.jpg
19035_298709188304_298655863304_3424398_2450633_n.jpg
2lsimb5.jpg
HAND20022010-2.jpg
estap8.jpg
Mohamed_Ghannouchi.jpg
n1221400639_226995_5896.jpg
447.jpg

Oreo Cookie, what do you pretend with all these pictures ? They don't look european AT ALL.
Obviously I didn't vote any option, as they don't fit anywhere in Europe.

Oreo Cookie, what do you pretend with all these pictures ? They don't look european AT ALL.
Obviously I didn't vote any option, as they don't fit anywhere in Europe.

Not as groups but I think as individuals they probably could. Keep in mind, the concept of "passing" isn't the same as "looking identical to". Some would have you believe that phenotypes change the second you cross the Mediterranean but it's a gradual, not instant process. Same with Greece and Turkey in my opinion. You don't have German lookalikes on one side and Saudi lookalikes on the other.

Not as groups but I think as individuals they probably could. Keep in mind, the concept of "passing" isn't the same as "looking identical to". Some would have you believe that phenotypes change the second you cross the Mediterranean but it's a gradual, not instant process. Same with Greece and Turkey in my opinion. You don't have German lookalikes on one side and Saudi lookalikes on the other.
Oh, come on, we have plenty of north-africans here and they don't pass. It's not gradual, it's a complete cut-off. Once you are to the other side of the strait you have a different race, with different genetics.

Oh, come on, we have plenty of north-africans here and they don't pass. It's not gradual, it's a complete cut-off. Once you are to the other side of the strait you have a different race, with different genetics.

Unless they are significantly Sub-Saharan mixed (like some Moroccans are), they are still Caucasoid.

Unless they are significantly Sub-Saharan mixed (like some Moroccans are), they are still Caucasoid.
Northern-Moroccans (what you have to the other side) are on average 8% sub-saharan and 7% East-African and they cluster with other north-Africans, very far away from any european. So, you see there is abosultely no gradual process at all.

Northern-Moroccans (what you have to the other side) are on average 8% sub-saharan and 7% East-African and they cluster with other north-Africans, very far away from any european. So, you see there is abosultely no gradual process at all.

But they still have European-like components to their DNA. The thing that pulls them further away from Europe is the black African (15% like you said) and the North African.

Well, pure ethnic Berbers (for example Kabyle) should be near 100% Northwest African. They don't cluster with Europeans, but quite of them can really pass. What it's true is that between the main population from North Africa, people with European looking is less significant in number.

It should be worth noting that most of the European-looking people in North Africa, and the vast majority of the people posted in this thread, are from the Mediterranean coast.

Knovas, did you vote on the poll? If not that's fine.

No I'd prefer not. If one day there's a similar thread about ethnic Berbers, I'll do it since it is more clear.

Which would you have said, had that been the case?

I think most North Africans are predominantly Berber anyhow, just with ~10/15% Sub-Saharan and another 10% SW Asian. No?

But they still have European-like components to their DNA. The thing that pulls them further away from Europe is the black African (15% like you said) and the North African.
Even if they are pure berber they are still north-african. There are Mozabites in the sample who are 100% pure berber (as seen by the Dodecad portraits) and they cluster with the rest of North-Africans (moroccans and other Mozabite).

Even if they are pure berber they are still north-african. There are Mozabites in the sample who are 100% pure berber (as seen by the Dodecad portraits) and they cluster with the rest of North-Africans (moroccans and other Mozabite).

Yes this is true, so my point is most North Africans are more or less Berber anyhow, just Arab in culture for some of them, while others have noticeable Sub-Saharan influence.

Yes this is true, so my point is most North Africans are more or less Berber anyhow, just Arab in culture for some of them, while others have noticeable Sub-Saharan influence.

The only "pure" Berbers are the Kabyel, Rifs, Ahmazigs (sp?) and a few tribes in Libya and Tunisia. They make up about 15% of Northern Africans. These groups are closest to the original Berbers who migrated west form the Upper Middle East and the Caspian region during the Mesolithic and Neolithic. All others who claim Berber identity are pretty well mixed and only culturally Berber.

Last edited:
The only "pure" Berbers are the Kabyel, Rifs, Ahmazigs (sp?) and a few tribes in Libya and Tunisia. They make up about 15% of Northern Africans. These groups are closest to the original Berbers who migrated west form the upper Middle East and the Caspian region during the Mesolithic and Neolithic. All others who claim Berber identity are pretty well mixed and only culturally Berber.

But Arab ancestry in North Africans is minimal except for Egypt and Libya.. so what is the rest of the ancestry of Northwest Africans if it is not authentic Berber?

In general where can North Africans pass as native Europeans?

In Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Strasbourg, Nice, Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Lisboa, Rome, Naples, Milano, Torino, Palermo, Genova, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Brussels, Antwerpen, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Glasgow, Stockholm, Göteborg, Malmö, Kopenhagen, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg, Berlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 58889 times.

Back