Dodecad euro7

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Dienekes has just released a new European calculator for the Dodecad Project. It doesn't use the same admixtures as the k=12. The new admixtures are :

- Caucasus : really specific to the Caucasus, especially the North Caucasus. It combines part of k=12's West Asian and Mediterranean admixtures. It's interesting to note that the Argyll Scots have the highest percentage in Europe (9.2%) before the South Italians, then come the Dutch and the Irish just ahead of the Greeks and the Brits. So it looks like there were two migrations from the North Caucasus, one to Greece, and the other to the Netherlands and the British Isles. I noticed before that the Dutch have more haplogroup J2 (6%) than the Belgians or (4%) or the Germans (4.5%). The highest percentage of J2 in the world is to be found among the Chechens (56%) and Ingush (88%) in the North Caucasus. Coincidence ?

- Southeastern : Comprises mostly the total of the West Asian and Southwest Asian admixtures, but adding some Mediterranean and removing the Caucasus element above.

- Southwestern : Correspond mostly to the slightly downsized Mediterranean admixture minus the Caucasus. For example, the Irish, who scored 21% Mediterranean now have 7.2% Caucasus and 10.2% Southwestern.

- Northeastern : a very similar Balto-Slavic admixture to the East European of the k=12, but much more amplified to get rid of as much West European interference as possible.

- Northwestern : Ditto but with the West European of k=12.

- African : quite close different from the total of Paleo, Neo, East Africans but without the Northwest African component.

- Far_Asian : it may look as a combination of Northeast Asian and Southeast Asian, but it's not. The Finns and Turks both score a bit higher on the new Far Asian.

These new admixtures confirm a few interesting points :

- The Sardinians have no (North) Caucasian ancestry despite of their elevated percentage of G2a (15%) and J2 (10%). They correspond here to the Southeastern Europe admixture, peaking in Armenia, Anatolia and Greece. The Sardinians are also the only Europeans completely lacking the Northeastern admixture.

- The Basques also lack the Caucasian admixture, but have a much lower percentage of Southeastern, which is in agreement with the low percentage of G2a, J1 and J2. Only traces of Northeastern admixture (0.4%).

- Even after purging East Europeans from the West European admixture, the Lezgins , Kumyks and Chuvash still show a considerable level of Northwestern European (13%, 11.5%, 19%) in accordance with their relatively high level of R1b for their region.

My Euro7 Results (I am ethnic Georgian for at least the last 8 generations on all ancestral lines):

53.80% Caucasus
0.01% Northwestern
3.03% Northeastern
36.96% Southeastern
0.00% African
0.90% Far_Asian
5.29% Southwestern

This caluculator has an evident problem with the Caucasus component and the Southeastern. Southeastern is mostly European, but includes some other influences, and I think sometimes admixture confuses the data with the West Asian. Quite difficult to determine exactly what they mean, we just can infer it aproximately knowing wich country or person is under the analysis.

By the way, here are mine:

59.70% Southwestern
32.65% Northwestern
4.91% Southeastern
2.67% Northeastern
0.05% Caucasus
0.01% Far Asian
0.00% African

I am mostly Catalan, and it seems is what I inherited in great part. My results are fairly different from the Spanish average, possibly I am the only one in the project getting such reports. The non European, as usual, is very low or plain noise, depending how you interpret the Southeastern, but I was 0% West Asian and Southwest Asian.

The African has been a bit underestimated in my case, while the Far Asian is noise (more or less the same as Caucasus). Incredibly low and insignificant.

PD: The results for Sardinians make sense, it was obvoius they must have substantial Southeastern. I expected Basques less Southeastern, more or less like me. Interesting.

What level of precision is there in discerning African ancestry? What's past the noise range?

Thanks, this makes more sense than previous calculators. Because according to this new Euro-calculator Sweden and Norways have more Caucasian admixture than Southwestern admixture!

Really.. the caucasus admixture is higher in north west europe than in south east europe? °__° i'm surprised.
Why in the previous west asian map it didn't show up?

Really.. the caucasus admixture is higher in north west europe than in south east europe? °__° i'm surprised.
Why in the previous west asian map it didn't show up?
No, only in Sweden and Norway. In Holland it is almost equal. There's no data on Denmark btw.

You can see this here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F9XoyN2wE-w/ToZBZZT7jdI/AAAAAAAAAmI/qwmGu64Xvwk/s1600/admixture.png

Every map is different, because every time you look from a different perspective. But this new development is very interesting!

this demonstrate that caucasian people looks aren't foreign or alien to europe, as we can see at their faces, perfectly european looking

Dienekes divided the Mediterranean component in 2 parts this time, in Southwest (Southwest European + North African) and Southeast (Southeast European + Levant).

Armenian are heavily caucasians, but they may have also high levantine admixture, you have to look at Adygeians, to see the most caucasian pure look.
I think armenians pass as european.

Well to some extent. I personally can't tell Armenians from Levantines.

Armenians have more Southeastern component (Southeast European + Levant) than Caucasian admixture!

The African ancestry in this Calculator only includes Sub-Saharan, or perhaps significant amounts of East African. The Northwest African has been absorved probably by the Southeastern cluster, wich seems to include different influences (European included).

It's interesting to note that, according to the Fst distances, the Southwestern cluster is the one with less non European affinities. This one is probably a representation of real Paleolithic European if we take the end of the last glacial age as reference. What is very likely to read, is the allele frequencies of the people who remained in Iberia and, in the other side, the peoples who migrated North become Northwestern and Northeastern. The tree is quite ilustrative, it seems clear that Southwestern was originated long before in comparison with the other two.

There are points to be refined, but I like this Calculator so much. When another K=12 comes with similar clusters, the results will be very useful.

PD: Southwestern CAN'T include North African because as I said is the most distant cluster from Africa and Asia. It must be Southeastern according to the distances, check Fst: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Gd1UEFIbzVlUEtpbTd0S0RLcnVYTEE&hl=en_US#gid=1

The African ancestry in this Calculator only includes Sub-Saharan, or perhaps significant amounts of East African. The Northwest African has been absorved probably by the Southeastern cluster, wich seems to include different influences (European included).

It's interesting to note that, according to the Fst distances, the Southwestern cluster is the one with less non European affinities. This one is probably a representation of real Paleolithic European if we take the end of the last glacial age as reference. What is very likely to read, is the allele frequencies of the people who remained in Iberia and, in the other side, the peoples who migrated North become Northwestern and Northeastern. The tree is quite ilustrative, it seems clear that Southwestern was originated long before in comparison with the other two.

There are points to be refined, but I like this Calculator so much. When another K=12 comes with similar clusters, the results will be very useful.

PD: Southwestern CAN'T include North African because as I said is the most distant cluster from Africa and Asia. It must be Southeastern according to the distances, check Fst: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Gd1UEFIbzVlUEtpbTd0S0RLcnVYTEE&hl=en_US#gid=1
I don't think so.

Northwest African is not the same as Sub-Sahara African. Northwest African is very close to Southwest European.

I think Dienekes incorporated both admixtures together!

But you're right, I do also believe that Southwest European component is one of the oldest in Europe!

I bet Northwest African gets grouped in with SW Europe and West and SW Asian go into the SE Europe.

I'm right in BOTH things, here you have the proximities with Africa:

Southeastern 0.163
Caucasus 0.168
Nothwestern 0.177
Northeastern 0.178
Southwestern 0.178

Not close, it's the most distant with Northeastern. And the cluster with less Asian affinities, largely.

Tuscans, don't have African or East Asian admixture, while many european ethnicites have them

I bet Northwest African gets grouped in with SW Europe and West and SW Asian go into the SE Europe.
Yes.

West Mediterranean component = Southwest Europe + Northwest Africa and East Mediterranean = Southeast European + Levant.

But most West Asian became Caucasian.

Last edited:
I'm right in BOTH things, here you have the proximities with Africa:

Southeastern 0.163
Caucasus 0.168
Nothwestern 0.177
Northeastern 0.178
Southwestern 0.178

Not close, it's the most distant with Northeastern. And the cluster with less Asian affinities, largely.

That's affinity with Sub-Saharan African. Not North African.

This thread has been viewed 61422 times.

Back